Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:23:33 AM EDT
It could be that ever since moving to Michigan (born in CA) and getting hooked on the Black Rifle Disease I've been into anything and everything "Special Forces" related.  I remember watching Black Hawk Down and being bored becuase the action wasn't good enough.

Flash forward to 2006 and I look at that movie with a completely different aspect.  NOW, it's all about those DELTA boys laying it down.  Even the 1st half of Predator is awesome.  HEAT, meh, tis ok, decent bank scene.  Lousy AR's.

Tears of the Sun.
WHOA.  I mean, WHOA.  This has to be hands down the most hardcore ELiTE movie I have ever seen.  Nothing even comes close.  The Rock, Navy Seals, Clear & Present Danger, GI Jane, [insert movie here], etc.  Nothing comes close.  WOW.  Badass shit.  Mr. Army Ranger who lives down stairs says to me "that's as close as you're gonna get in a movie" and I thought. YOU GUESSED IT!  WOW!

Moco Rates: *****
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Here we go.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That has to be one of the dumbest posts EVER...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
does he work at the local gun shop or maybe the mall ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it sucked when the Africans they were protecting simply ran toward the border.  I appeared that some of them were armed but just ran away.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Reel speshul forces mount their Aimpoints facing forward.

ETA: You must be thinking of Navy Seals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]

You mean Navy Seals is not accurate...I thought Charlie Sheen used to be a Navy Seal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I remember watching Black Hawk Down and being bored becuase the action wasn't good enough.

Flash forward to 2006 and I look at that movie with a completely different aspect.  NOW, it's all about those DELTA boys laying it down.  Even the 1st half of Predator is awesome.  HEAT, meh, tis ok, decent bank scene.  Lousy AR's.

Tears of the Sun.
WHOA.  I mean, WHOA.  This has to be hands down the most hardcore ELiTE movie I have ever seen.
 Nothing even comes close.  The Rock, Navy Seals, Clear & Present Danger, GI Jane, [insert movie here], etc.  Nothing comes close.  WOW.  Badass shit.  Mr. Army Ranger who lives down stairs says to me "that's as close as you're gonna get in a movie" and I thought. YOU GUESSED IT!  WOW!

Moco, are you serious .... other than the fact that they got the Aimpoint on backwards ... that must have been the most "hollywood" style of firefight ever! .... I mean, not very realistic in terms of "tactics".  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I can only hope that this post was meant to be sarcastic, if not...

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember watching Black Hawk Down and being bored becuase the action wasn't good enough.

Tears of the Sun.
WHOA.  I mean, WHOA.  This has to be hands down the most hardcore ELiTE movie I have ever seen.
 Nothing even comes close.  The Rock, Navy Seals, Clear & Present Danger, GI Jane, [insert movie here], etc.  Nothing comes close.  WOW.  Badass shit.  Mr. Army Ranger who lives down stairs says to me "that's as close as you're gonna get in a movie" and I thought. YOU GUESSED IT!  WOW!

Moco, are you serious .... other than the fact that they got the Aimpoint on backwards ... that must have been the most "hollywood" style of firefight ever! .... I mean, not very realistic in terms of "tactics".  

I watched it for shits and giggles a few weeks ago.  The TV station had two commentators who would explain the "tactics" and "weapons" used by the actors as it it was real life.  I thought the movie was pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Arrrrrgh.  Can ye smell it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#14]
nobody is laughing.  Well some of you are.

It's a Monday.  My company doesn't much care for "Presidents Day".  Coffee is stale.  Usual GD posts are well, boring.  

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
The only think I liked about it was the actress that played the Dr.  I would love for her to give me a check up.

Other than that it was a good way to burn a couple of hours with nothing else to do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#16]
WHOA. I mean, WHOA
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I was hoping you were joking. If you weren't I was definitely going to keep checking this thread for the shitstorm that would follow.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:49:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
nobody is laughing.  Well some of you are.

It's a Monday.  My company doesn't much care for "Presidents Day".  Coffee is stale.  Usual GD posts are well, boring.  

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

Yeahhhhh Rightttttttt!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow, my first interaction with the uber tactical retarded.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Bite me!  My Keanu Reeves impression is SPOT ON.  I saw the AimPoint backwards, and that fact that that they jumped from different planes, not to mention the missles the jets fired at the end.  Uhhhhh.  NO.  Missles that act like bombs?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Little fishy there.

postcount ++++++++++++++
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#21]
whatever

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL

Your post gave me some laughter before my upcoming 8 hours of hell. Gotta love it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:04:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I will give this movie only one thing.

My wife and I watched it together,and even though the
equipment/tactics/well ,everything was way off,
the violance of that part of the world was dead on.

She cried during this movie ,and it made her scared about
what could happen ,and made her wonder what events
really took place in NO that nobody will ever know.

Similar behavior can/will occur hear after major events or
disasters.

She won't question my commitmint to the Second Amendment,
my hobbies,and my preparedness ever again.

Those with wives that question how much $$$$ and time
they spend on firearms ,should sit and watch this with them.

Even if we want to laugh at the innaccuracies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I watched a few minutes of this thing the other day, and noticed that Bruce Willis' scope was on BACKWARDS.

Besides, I haven't met any Seals that walked around all morose and morally conflicted all the time....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I love it when the GD crowd is owned.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#26]
OMG HIS AIMPOINT IS BACKWARDS OH TEH NOES ÛBERSUXXX!!!!11111

Come on, it's a good movie (apart from the cellphone-on-the-deck-thing).

The last stand kicks ass. "*braaaaaaaap* HOLD THE LINE! *braaaaaaap*"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Uh oh....

We have a resistor in our midst.

Cull the herd!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Worst movie ever!  If you are ex-military you see the issues with this movie so fast you almost jump for the remote to flip the channel to anything that is less painful to watch.

How about the ambush where the enemy is less than 50 yards away but our guys are getting clipped without the sound of any gun fire as if it’s a team of snipers from 500 yards with suppressed BMGs?  They get up and charge the enemy and they are standing right at the top of the hill with AKs.  It’s endless.  I’m not even talking about the aimpoint issue.  Its the other 99% of the movie I have issues with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Mr. Army Ranger who lives down stairs says to me "that's as close as you're gonna get in a movie"

I used to work with a girl who was married to a Navy SEAL and she made the comment that he'd said the same thing about the rescue mission in "Proof of Life".    
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Didn't you guys know they had a real navy seal training and advising the cast? They even had a two boot camp.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
... the rescue mission in "Proof of Life".    

"Uptown, this is Downtown.... GO LOUD!"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh....

We have a resistor in our midst.

Cull the herd!

Nahhhh its just a account!

.....kidding! Peace pagansmurfen!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, this movie sucked but it had 2 M60-E4s (Mk43)!!!!!!!!

I say give it an OSCAR!!!!

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I have seen several specials for the History Channel being filmed and you have to remember that a lot of that stuff is done for the visual effects of the movie.  If the tactic were done right,  all you would see is the bushes moving around and that doesn't give you much eye candy.  Being in the real military and reenacting have ruined most movies for me, but I have to sit back now and just try to let most of this shit slide.  It's a movie for god's sake.  Most of us can pick any movie apart if we watch close enough.

As far as the aimpoint being backwards, it was probably an inexperienced prop-master.  Most of those actors wouldn't know the difference. So cut them some slack!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I have seen several specials for the History Channel being filmed and you have to remember that a lot of that stuff is done for the visual effects of the movie.  If the tactic were done right,  all you would see is the bushes moving around and that doesn't give you much eye candy.  Being in the real military and reenacting have ruined most movies for me, but I have to sit back now and just try to let most of this shit slide.  It's a movie for god's sake.  Most of us can pick any movie apart if we watch close enough.

As far as the aimpoint being backwards, it was probably an inexperienced prop-master.  Most of those actors wouldn't know the difference. So cut them some slack!

Bruce..  Is that you  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#37]
It's a movie.  Eye candy.

BFD.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It could be that ever since moving to Michigan (born in CA) and getting hooked on the Black Rifle Disease I've been into anything and everything "Special Forces" related.  I remember watching Black Hawk Down and being bored becuase the action wasn't good enough.

Tears of the Sun.
WHOA.  I mean, WHOA.  This has to be hands down the most hardcore ELiTE movie I have ever seen.  Nothing even comes close.  The Rock, Navy Seals, Clear & Present Danger, GI Jane, [insert movie here], etc.  Nothing comes close.  WOW.  Badass shit.  Mr. Army Ranger who lives down stairs says to me "that's as close as you're gonna get in a movie" and I thought. YOU GUESSED IT!  WOW!

Yeah...yeah...but is it as Good as Chuck Norris Invasion USA? His Mags NEVER RUN out!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought tears of the sun was boring, maybe because I didn't care about african refugees.
Did I just say that
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tears of the Sun.

Yeah...yeah...but is it as Good as Chuck Norris Invasion USA? His Mags NEVER RUN out!

Chuck Norris' mags never run out because ammo materialises from his brass balls.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Jeez, two problems in an otherwise great movie and you all automatically hate it.

#1: Backwards Aimpoints. Who gives a fuck?
#2: Using AIM9s to attack ground targets. Yeah, that was pretty bad, but still...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Hi, I'm Dr Liena Kendricks.  I am a doctor who's conscience bit my ass.  Speaking of my ass, I have a nice, and a killer rack.  I feel so bad for poor african tribes because I am so wealthy.  Anyway, it looks really good on my resume when I decide to leave this fucktastic place.

Well, I married this American, and in this movie, I am now considered an American.  So these Navy guys jump out of a plane "to rescue me".  I dont want to go at first because I am going to save Africa single handedly.  So we decide to go, but I make them bring 70 people along.  

Anyway some helicopters land, and those Navy guys force me in a helicopter with them.  I scream they lied to me, fuck their government, and I even spit in their faces.  Later on, after 4 of those Navy guys die, and the rest are wounded, they tell me to run for the border at Cameroon.  I do, and when I get there, the guards wont let me in.  I start screaming that I'm an American and to let me in.  I'm not a hypocrite, I just wanted to get away, fuck everyone else.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey, People...wake up.....

Look, I cannot blame Bruce for doing whatever it takes to snuggle up to those wonderfully beautiful Monica Belluci Bewbies.

Tell me you wouldn't change the mission to get a close up full on view of those puppies...not to mention whats down below!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Tears of the Sun.

Are you for real?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Most of those liberal bedwetting actors would probably crap their pants if they had to hold a real gun with real ammo.

As for "Being in the real military and reenacting have ruined most movies for me,  ", I've never been in the armed forces, but as a Rev. War reenactor who has worked on films, etc., every time I see "The Patriot", I wanna throw a boot at the screen...

"Aim small, miss small."
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Sigh.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of those liberal bedwetting actors would probably crap their pants if they had to hold a real gun with real ammo.

As for "Being in the real military and reenacting have ruined most movies for me,  ", I've never been in the armed forces, but as a Rev. War reenactor who has worked on films, etc., every time I see "The Patriot", I wanna throw a boot at the screen...

"Aim small, miss small."

It's called entertainment guys. Tears of the Sun and The Patriot were both entertaining. I don't take either of them as reality. Not every movie can be Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk down.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That has to be one of the dumbest posts EVER...

AMEN!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#50]
So BHD DIDN'T have what you were looking for but Tears of the Sun did?

Strange world we live in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top