Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 2:51:39 AM EDT
Who the hell does these?

I'm thinking the local Junior College would provide such a service but if that doesn't turn out to be the case I need alternatives.

Job requires a minimum of 45wpm and I know I am north of 80-90wpm with high accuracy based on various factors(online tests, stupid Mavis Beacon, plus other things).    But they want a certificate and I've got about 10 days to get one.

Need some help.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Most places should adminsiter a typing test, are they going to do this too?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
In TX the local office of any TX Workforce Comission provides them free of charge.  You might have a similar employment type office where you live.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most places should adminsiter a typing test, are they going to do this too?  

A friend who applied for the same position a few years back wound up taking a typing test during part of the application process.    The certificate wasn't required at that time.

Sounds like it may have changed recently, going to try to contact the dept responsible for the testing phase and see if they can give any additional information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top