Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:19 PM EDT
when my car was broken into I decided to ride around with a friend last night instead of driving from bar to bar, something I thought was a good idea. When I came back later that evening/morning I found that someone had broken the driver's side window and opened my trunk. They took my amplifier and backpack with all my damn school books and notes. Any idea how much I can expect to pay for a replacement window? The car is a 2004 Accord coupe.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 5:16:02 PM EDT by TrashHeap]
A statistic, would involve a gun being stolen.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:21:12 PM EDT
Does it burn when you pee?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 5:22:29 PM EDT by KyBlaster]
Damn, that sucks. I can't believe they took your school books.

Did you get a police report? Your insurance might cover it. If not Auto. Mabye Homeowners or Renters.

Will your Professors believe you?
"A Dog burglar ate took my homework."

ETA. Spelling.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KyBlaster:
Damn, that sucks. I can't believe they took your school books.

Did you get a police report? Your insurance might cover it. If not Auto. Mabye Homeowners or Renters.

Will your Professors believe you?
"A Dog burglar ate took my homework."

ETA. Spelling.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:28:43 PM EDT
JEEZ!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:30:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KyBlaster:
I can't believe they took your school books.

The theives can sell them back to the campus book store for about 40% of the new books cost, usually at the end of the semester/school year.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:34:15 PM EDT
check the area around there. the thieves probably just grabbed the bag without looking in it. it may be in a dumpser or alley close by. i'm doubting someone who breaks into cars knows about a college buy-back on books.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:39:25 PM EDT
My car got stolen when I was in college. The day I got done housesitting for a friend for 2 weeks. I had 3 final papers for classes stolen as well as every note and book for every class. 2 weeks worth of clothes and everything else. Homeowners paid for everything, my professors disregarded the papers I had due and based my grade on every other assignment.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:42:28 PM EDT
I have an LEO friend that always tell me that people make themselves good victims. Never leave anything in your car.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:44:52 PM EDT
Replacment auto glass is never inexpensive... even from a salvage yard.

car-part.com

Expect to pay at least 3 times those prices after parts and labor from an auto body or glass shop.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Roadhawk:
I have an LEO friend that always tell me that people make themselves good victims. Never leave anything in your car.

it's the truth.

the neigborhood i used to live in had a shitload of car break-ins. we had several a week, actually. the theives found out that the soccermoms in the area liked to leave valuables in the car - and no, i'm not talking about expensive sun glasses or cell phones.

the people there would leave purses containing wallets full of cash and credit cards, cameras, back packs full of all sorts of goodies, cash just laying in the seats, and even firearms all in their cars overnight. i remember one guy that got broken into after a long hunting trip... he didn't feel like taking the guns out of his truck, so he left them sitting on the back seat in the open. he couldn't understand why someone would steal five rifles out of his truck

i was broken into three times in that neighborhood. the first two times, they didn't get anything(nothing worth taking). the last time, they got my cd player, subs, amp, and backpack full of books and assignments. insurance covered about $300 worth of the stolen items, and it paid for my door to be fixed. it was a hard lesson to learn, but now i don't keep valuables in my vehicle. the last time i got hit, i actually had everything hidden, so i don't know why they went after me...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Roadhawk:

Your friend is probably right. Fortunatly I had my Valentine 1 locked up in the glove box with the faceplate, they didn't even bother trying to take out the cd player, which is kind of surprising. Not sure what I'm going to do next time I go downtown, except not worry about them taking anything that I don't have.
Top Top