Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:24:59 PM EDT
He was laying on the couch with his head on my thigh. I had to get up to do someting, & I put a pillow under his head, & when I came back I took the pillow out & as I sat I didn't realize my SERPA holster with my 1911 was coming down on his forhead. It hit and scraped his head & scalp & of course made him cry. I felt bad, but he got over it.

My all your injuries be so simple.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistol whipping kids on the next Oprah.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well since it sounds like he was pretty young.
I can hear the daycare worker/teacher asking how he hurt his head.
Teach: So Jimmy how did you hurt your head over the weekend?
Jimmy : Well teach it is like this, my dad hit me in the head with his pistol because I would not move when he wanted to sit down.
Tech: Hello, 911?

Of course this will never happen in todays society because everyone knows that guns are good as long as noone gets shot in the eye.

This is all in jest BTW.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They'd do it, too!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
He's 8, & fortunatly it didn't leave a mark.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun control.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A Glock would have left a mark
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's kind of a relief to hear what the in injury was. I expected it to be an accidental or negligent discharge. Not that it was good he got hurt, but it's better than what I was expecting. Glad he's o.k. though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
How's the pistol??  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yup! Yup! YUP!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A Glock would have left a mark

Hell yeah! GLOCK FU is DEADLY!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I had something similar happen. I was looking after a friends kids and one of them got hit in the head with an RPG-7. It was terrible, kid nearly cried.

What really happened was this… We went to a local military museum that doesn’t get much traffic. The people who run it are usually happy to see kids take an interest so they occasionally let kids play with stuff. They had a RPG-7, inert of course, and said it would be ok if the kids handled it. Unfortunately one of the kids had it shouldered and the other didn’t know to stand clear. When the kid turned he bonked his brother right in the head with the rear of the rocket launcher.

Every time I take kids there I remind them that the equipment in there was designed to survive combat against bombs, artillery, grenades, and machineguns. It was NOT designed to survive children, so please don’t break the tanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Just curious, do you always carry in the house?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How's the pistol??  

That's just wrong.....................but funny!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Doesn't everybody???
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't everybody???

I always have one handy somwhere in the house, but I don't carry when I'm home.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
In 1985 I accidentally threw a cat on my daughters face.

She still has a slight scar on her cheek.

Some day I'll tell my grand daughter how mom got that scar.

ETA: My daughter lived through the ordeal to bless me with a grand daughter.
GM

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You owe me a new keyboard!  and a new root beer!

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It'll buff out
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't everybody???

I carry whenever I feel like it.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't worry buddy, it sounds like he will be fine.
Give him a little talk and let him know it was an accident and he is OK. Generally if you don't make a big deal out of it with them they wont make a big deal out of it either.
I am glad all turned out well.

Thats some funny stuff there...  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad it wasn't that bad.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He was laying on the couch with his head on my thigh. I had to get up to do someting, & I put a pillow under his head, & when I came back I took the pillow out & as I sat I didn't realize my SERPA holster with my 1911 was coming down on his forhead. It hit and scraped his head & scalp & of course made him cry. I felt bad, but he got over it.

No really...let's get this straight.  You were sitting around your house (watching TV with your son, from the sounds of it) with your 1911 on your hip??    

Yeah, so I'm living in Libtard land, but don't any of you others find this a wee-bit strange?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I have notified the liberals and Texas child services. They will be there in minutes.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll buff out

Damn you that's what I was thinking!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No really...let's get this straight.  You were sitting around your house (watching TV with your son, from the sounds of it) with your 1911 on your hip??    

Yeah, so I'm living in Libtard land, but don't any of you others find this a wee-bit strange?  

not really.  Even though I live in Illi-communist-nois, that doesn't seem strange to me.  Hell, I'd sit watching TV with a 1911 on my hip...
easy to shoot the TV if any stupid shit comes on...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.
Not the least bit.

If it was anything but a 1911 I might have thought it strange.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#29]
When I was a kid my dad accidentally hit me in the face with the claw part of a hammer.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Nope.
Not the least bit.

If it was anything but a 1911 I might have thought it strange.

LOL - yeah, OK...so I feel the same way about my 1911...but I sure the hell don't have it on my hip around the kids, while watching Sunday TV.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
When I was a kid my dad accidentally hit me in the face with the claw part of a hammer.

*Stares at your avatar*
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Good.  It'll toughen him up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your profile doesn't say what state youa re in...

Doesn't sound odd to me at all.  My 1911 is on my hip unless I'm naked.  Why take it off and put it back on all the time?

They dont have crime where he lives, let alone home invasions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

easy to shoot the TV if any stupid shit comes on...

This is why I can't have a gun within arms reach while watching TV.  There is too much stupid shit on, and TV's are expensive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Not when I'm in bed, then it's next to me under the blankets, locked & cocked. Oh, & not in the shower either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

No, Not at all.... I do the same thing with my 12 y o  daughter.

The wearing a gun while watching TV together part....not the hitting her in the head with gun part.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get up in the morning, put the holstered gun on. come back home from work, running errands, store, whatever, and you immediately remove the gun and lock it away?  I just leave in my side until I change for bed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't find it strange in the slightest. I carry at home all the time. In fact, I find it strange that you find it strange.

I take it you don't CCW?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#40]

I had a bit of a rant on it recently in this thread...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=438528

I agree.  Unless there are some special circumstances, I just don't understand the paranoia.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for sharing this info!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

have you been keeping up with his posts in the last couple of years? He needs too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the same sort of thing happen to me.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  When my youngest son was about 2 we came back from the store while my wife was still out with the oldest.  The youngest fell asleep in the car, so I took him out and sat on the couch with him asleep.  Somehow as we were jockeying for a comfortable position his head tipped and hit my 1911 grip safety tang/hammer square in the midle of his forhead.  He grummbled for a minute and went right back to sleep.  When the wife came home she saw the mark and asked if he hit his head on something.  "Err, Ugh, yeah, musta hit his head on something.?!?"  

Kent
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I take my gun off when I take my pants off. That's about it.  The holster stays on my jeans until I put them in the wash, & if I'm wearing my robe, the 1911 is on the table next to me.

Nothing like having to run & try to remember where it is in your own home if the emergancy need for it ever arises. At least I would imagine that. I can't understand why you would wear it in public, & lock it up when you get home. Unless it's because you have a shoty, or rifle set out for home defense.

markm! so nice of you to make an appearance. Oh,..........how I have missed your whitty imput????
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Dayuummmmm....pistolwhipping your kids.....sure, it fell on him, sure.......
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't everybody???

+1

I think my wife would have a coronary if I hurt one of the kids with a firearm, even just a tiny scrape like that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Kids do stupis crap all the time.  Makes them tuff.  This is the same thing.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+1

I think my wife would have a coronary if I hurt one of the kids with a firearm, even just a tiny scrape like that.

Not a problem for me. It's just me & the boy. No one to have a coronary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top