Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
That picture is a good reason to load your own!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here is the 3 step solution for you:

1. Stop your whining.
2. Quit being a pussy.
3. And shoot that fucking ammo.

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
tagged
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Why did you post this here AND in the Texas Hometown forum?

If you're THAT pissed off over this then why not just call them up, bitch them out and see if they'll
make it right?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uh - wait a sec. If they do ship by weight. And you are missing 53 rounds. That means you might have 50 or so hot rounds mixed in.

Might wanna weigh them first!

No... you couldnt possibly make that up in 50 rounds that were overcharged.  If you know anything about rifle reloading in .223.... the powder fills the case with almost any safe rated powder.  It just means, either their calculations are off for that lot, they screwed up, or they are using a calculation of weight for a slightly different powder.  

A loaded .223 weighs around 175gr.  If he was really short 53 rounds, that is a variance of 9275gr.   Divide by 1000 rounds, that is off ~9gr per round.  You cannot possibly add 9gr of power to each round to make that up.  That means they just screwed up their calculations.  Shorting someone 5% of their ammo is a big deal.  I wouldnt make assumptions on powder charges based on that.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are you buying reloads...Factory .223 is cheap enough

Great post.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And one more thing-- if you are selling it by weight, sell it by WEIGHT, not by count. Something fishy about that.

Sorry buddy.... almost anything sold in bulk is by weight, this is common practice.  It is also common practice to overshoot a bit, not short.  I am betting they forgot to account for the weight of the BOX.

Maybe Hooters should sell their chicken wings based on weight.... then you wouldnt have to count them everytime.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Reloads + 5.56/223 = possible Kaboom no matter what shape the casing is in.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Doesnt this sound a little fishy to anyone else?? Full blown photoshop from yesterdays purchase??

hough

Quoted:
hemI've bought 15K rounds from them over the past 3 months. I run them full auto through my M16 and
I've never had so much as a mis-feed.

As far as being 53 rounds short, I would guess that they weigh them rather than count them.
I've had some overage and some shortages, but not enough either way for me to be concerned.

ETA: I've never received brass from the that looks like that.

Quoted:
Something's not right here. I've ordered from them for years and have never seen anything even remotely similar to that.

Make sure to post their response.

Ed

hinking.gif

This was no photoshop as I Personally saw some of this SHIT AMMO.

Rogue opened it up in the back seat of my pickup on the way back from the funshow. Saw many dented rounds.  Didn't inspect every one of them at that time, because.....he was in the back seat of my pick up.

I Personally have shot many thousands of rounds from Dallas Reloading......no problems. But this has been years ago, before I started reloading.

I told Rogue this as he purchased the ammo, other's warned of recent problems.  He should have listened to their advise.

WTF is so fishy about that?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry buddy.... almost anything sold in bulk is by weight, this is common practice.  It is also common practice to overshoot a bit, not short.  I am betting they forgot to account for the weight of the BOX.

so if they overshoot, do you give the extras back?

Maybe Hooters should sell their chicken wings based on weight.... then you wouldnt have to count them everytime.

Funny you should mention that... buying in bulk doesn't mean weight. Its labeled 1000 rounds. Nothing mentioned about weight-- only round count.

In fact, when we were all at Hooters last night, we mentioned the same thing-- they could sell by weight. The waitress said if they short us even 1, they have no problems replacing it because that's what we are paying for, even if its a large order...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Unreal.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Newbie question: how do dents like that get on cases?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
this is why I never buy reloads

some people canont afford to buy "blasting ammo" such as Q3131A, XM193, etc.

This reminds me of the issues people had with XM193PD...

there are factory brands that are cheaper than xm193 but still reliable
is a few cents per round cheaper worth blowing up a $700+ rifle?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
there are factory brands that are cheaper than xm193 but still reliable
is a few cents per round cheaper worth blowing up a $700+ rifle?

Over time.... possibly.  Depends on how much you shoot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Some are just dented because they use once fired .mil brass that gets dented or crushed on the range.  They should cull these out.  Some in the shoulder are lube dents - where there was too much lube on the brass when it was sized, and it is a hydraulic dent.  It happens.  Final QC should cull those out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some are just dented because they use once fired .mil brass that gets dented or crushed on the range.  They should cull these out.  Some in the shoulder are lube dents - where there was too much lube on the brass when it was sized, and it is a hydraulic dent.  It happens.  Final QC should cull those out.

For a company that's been doing this for many years, you'd think this wouldn't be an issue...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I purchased some ammo from a San Antonio shitbird operation with similar quality.
We were visiting my parents and heard about the show......said what the hell......and went to go look.
Found the ammo reasonably priced and picked it up.  Got home, noticed some dings, so F'n what.
Went to go shoot some and the rounds were not resized, or trimmed.  I was told by a ReLoader that I know, use and trust, that this is common outta this one particular company.  This is infact a long drawn out TAG that I'm going to use to RePost their info. later tonight.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I purchased some ammo from a San Antonio shitbird operation with similar quality.
We were visiting my parents and heard about the show......said what the hell......and went to go look.
Found the ammo reasonably priced and picked it up.  Got home, noticed some dings, so F'n what.
Went to go shoot some and the rounds were not resized, or trimmed.  I was told by a ReLoader that I know, use and trust, that this is common outta this one particular company.  This is infact a long drawn out TAG that I'm going to use to RePost their info. later tonight.

there's more on this here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=224201
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top