Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 1:25:51 PM EDT
I havent been to the range in months. I havent fired any of my weapons since I cant remember when. Since I have the day off tomorrow I will be breaking the silence by putting many hundreds of rounds downrange first thing in the morning. Its been way too long. Getting my AR dusted off tonight, giving everything a fresh coat of oil, getting my ammo bag and range gear together....and tomorrow I make ammends for neglecting my beloved protectors for the long cold winter.

Who else has taken a leave of absense from the range since the weather turned?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
phew, I thought this was going to be another "I wear women's pants" thread.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Indorr range was a month or 2 back, outdoor range has been 8 months maybe more
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I screwed the suppressor on the MAC 10 and let a few fly into the ground outside my back door just because it was too cold to go out. I hate winter.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Bah, I just went out the other day and shot 7 mags off out of the ar.  I didn't get the empties, i'll get em later.  The part that sucked was chasing my target when it blew off the backer in the 30 mph winds.  I put er back up, wiped the snot from my upper lip and commenced to kill paper.
It was around 10 deg F.
SoS
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Hate to say it, but indoor ranges suck, IMO.  I'll take the outdoors anyday, any weather over an indoor range. When it's time to take a dump it's a lot easier outdoors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
 I so miss shooting.  I had a coyote sit at the side of the road the other day and laugh at me.  That's bad.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
just got back from the range, I went on friday morning as well. perfect weather here, about 65f and sunny.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, tell me about.

I was all set to go out to the range this weekend, but it's kinda chilly.......... stilll down in the 60s.

Think Ill wait out this cold snap.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, is that all? I had my "YOU"RE A HOMO" picture all ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, tell me about.

I was all set to go out to the range this weekend, but it's kinda chilly.......... stilll down in the 60s.

Sheep

You southwestern guys suck  It was 5 degrees here last night!!!!   Must be nice to have a "chilly" day in the 60's.  

It is rather difficult to hit anything when you are convulsing from the cold!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
When we had a free state range I would go out in the snow and cold and shoot, but now the only local outdoor shooting is if I pay....and Im not paying to freeze my ass off then leave after an hour.
Once the weather turns, I will get back outdoors, until then I need to at least get back indoors

Hope to get a project rifle completed before winter breaks, which should get me motivated to get back out to the local range!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
This is the time of the year when I do most of my shooting.  When the weather gets warm I start hitting the links.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I know what you mean, been shooting MAYBE once a month. It sucks, I even have a range in my back yard.

Weather hasn't been terrible, I'll gladly shoot if it's above 40. For me it's been too much work. Can't seem to turn it down.......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't shot since October.  $$$ is pretty tight too, and I really dont want to go below my 1000rd x39 stash.  Shit's expenisve these days.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the 1911 out this past friday.  Also shot my buddy's new XD .45acp.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, tell me about.

Sheep

60's....That's t-shirt weather.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Who else has taken a leave of absense from the range since the weather turned?

When did the weather turn?  I must have missed it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I havent been to the range in months.

I was last at the range in January...of last year.

I was too busy in the spring, then I golfed all summer and fall.

I haven't made it out thusfar this year, either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Went to the range yesterday in Jeans and a tee shirt.

Busted off about 50 9MM in the Glock

and

Went thru a  40 round box of Winchester in the AR - practiced - standing, sitting and prone - kept most in the back at 200 yards.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

eitrher that or I'm comin outa the closet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top