Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:48:22 PM EDT
Well I'm going to get my sign off for an SBR in the morning so while I'm there I figure I'll go ahead and pay my tax for a suppressor.

QUETIONS???

1. How quite are they an a 5.56? I know the bullet still breaks the sound barrier so you will still get the crack, but is it still somewhat quite?

2. What is the process? Do you have to have paid for one in advance, then go pay the tax?

3. Would I get more enjoyment out of one for a 9mm or one for a caliber that is subsonic?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It will sound about like a 22LR rifle
22 and 9mm cans ar much more impressive  and will make better first can purcahes as you will not be disappointed
for the rest of youe questions go look at the sticky threads HERE
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
22 and 9mm cans ar much more impressive  and will make better first can purcahes as you will not be disappointed

Thanks for the link.

ANy brand suggestion? I know gemtec is good, but they are a little costly
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the link.

ANy brand suggestion? I know gemtec is good, but they are a little costly

I've got a couple of AAC cans and am pleased.

www.advanced-armament.com
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Spend the money once.  There is pertty much zero resale value.  You'll be stuck with what you get, so get the best you can afford.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
AR's are loud from the gas system... on a bolt gun they rock..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've got a couple of AAC cans and am pleased.

www.advanced-armament.com

Hope that you don't have to get support from them because I've heard that their CS is poor.

Quoted:

Maybe to someone off in the distance, but to the shooter? No way, its quieter than that.
A good 5.56 can will allow you to shoot without hearing protection outdoors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two from AAC

A .22 scarab that is threaded for a Ruger MK2, Ruger 10/22, and a Beretta 21A and a 9mm QD for a Beretta 92..

Not that this helps your original .223 question BUT, Ive been very pleased with both of these products..

Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I'm going to get my sign off for an SBR in the morning so while I'm there I figure I'll go ahead and pay my tax for a suppressor.

QUETIONS???

1. How quite are they an a 5.56? I know the bullet still breaks the sound barrier so you will still get the crack, but is it still somewhat quite?

2. What is the process? Do you have to have paid for one in advance, then go pay the tax?

3. Would I get more enjoyment out of one for a 9mm or one for a caliber that is subsonic?

well hopefully you have remembered that tomorrow is a federal holiday!!not gonna get much done, so you have at least 24hrs to get some answers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top