Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
2 Questions, How can I hook up an Ipod and Sirius satillite to my stock cd/radio player? I am using the FM transmitter and it does not sound that good.

Also, I have 2 infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 subs in my trunk, when the music has good base my trunk rattles like crazy and it sounds terrible, Im not even talking loud rap music, with the bass and drums in some rock songs it does this. I know some people install Dynamatt, but does this really help?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]

All I know is louder is better. Sorry I can't help you with your questions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
FM modulator between the head unit and antenna or a new head unit with inputs
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
yes dynamat helps you could also tighten the latch on your trunk. it will seal tighter and there will be less rattle. some of that rattle is most likely coming from your license plate if its on the trunk. remove it and place a thick piece of foam rubber behind it and reinstall. you can do the same thing behind the tail lights as a lot of rattle comes from them also. by an alpine headunit that will take the ipod and is sattilite radio ready
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yea I was looking into a new unit but my stock unit is a bose that is double-DIN , They make some nice double DIN units that fit but the have a 6.5" screen, DVD and cost about $1,000. I dont really need all that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a wired FM modulator.  It goes inline with the antenna.  But weather wired or wireless, FM is FM and it won't sound any better than the FM radio.  If you want the best sound, get a headunit with an aux input.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I was looking into a new unit but my stock unit is a bose that is double-DIN , They make some nice double DIN units that fit but the have a 6.5" screen, DVD and cost about $1,000. I dont really need all that.

You can get an adaptor that allows single DIN install.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What car/HU do you have?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of different adaptors available, If you are on LI, I recommend Movin' On Sounds. They can fix up that rattling trunk, too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What car/HU do you have?

98 Infiniti Q45, Bose head unit, that I wired to 2 amps in the trunk. I wanted to keep the stock look but it has no inputs which is giving me trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top