Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 9:06:04 AM EDT
From Dudge.

MAIN PRESS PLANS ANOTHER WEEK OF CHENEY SHOOTING COVERAGE
Sun Feb 19 2006 10:57:36 ET

If the nation's top magazines have the pulse of the country -- get ready for another exhaustive week of exhaustive Cheney shooting coverage!

This just in... Both TIME and NEWSWEEK are planning high impact covers of Cheney for newsstands starting tomorrow, with each magazine rolling out top staff bylines and thousands of words on the hunting incident: TIME: With deep reporting by John Cloud, Mike Allen and Matthew Cooper/ Washington, Cathy Booth Thomas and Patricia Kilday Hart/ Austin, and Hilary Hylton. NEWSWEEK urgently brings in its big investigative guns: Evan Thomas, Michael Isikoff, Daniel Klaidman, Richard Wolffe, Holly Bailey, Mark Hosenball and Eleanor Clift in Washington and Carol Rust in Texas.

NEWSWEEK's Jonathan Alter essays that media budget cuts and shifting news priorities have contributed to the public being in the dark about Cheney's ways and means.

TIME headlines a poll: DICK CHENEY APPROVAL RATING 29%

NEWSWEEK editor Mark Whitaker defends his decision to push for another week of Cheney-Shooting coverage: "The reason we ultimately decided to stick with a cover is not because of the hunting incident itself-although we did turn up some new details that you might not have read elsewhere-but because of what it says about the mysterious world of the most powerful vice president of recent times."

On CNN's RELIABLE SOURCES, WASHINGTON POST reporter Dana Milbank fretted that the White House is exploiting the public's growing disdain for the mainstream media. "Of course they succeed,” Milbank said of Bush aides. “The press always looks awful. They will once again make us look awful.”

CNN's Candy Crowley added: "The perception is that we're whining."

White House correspondent Bill Plante of CBS agreed.

"The vice president and the White House have both used the constant press coverage of this story as a wedge,” he told RELIABLE SOURCES host Howard Kurtz. “It plays to the prejudices of the people who are predisposed not to like us, and it's one way to distract attention from what happened.”
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What else could we expect from thos POS's?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Color me completely UN-shocked...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
"Shocking!"

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, you have to have SOMETHING to cover up what's really going on in the world.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I would give my left nut to see T.R. or Sir Winston come back from the dead and deal with these fucktards.  

Hell, Cheney could kick their asses bloody with one hand tied behind his back but the modern world and its "sensitivity" doesn't even permit the thought of men being men and acting as such.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Time and Newsweek are the "Enquirers" of the hoity toity. Just trashy tabloids on glossy paper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no left wing agenda.  There is no left wing agenda...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Could you imagine the modern media coverage of Spiro Agnew or Nelson Rockefeller? They would all die of orgasmic ecstasy if they were to have a Watergate today.

Chumps.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm starting to think the media hates us as much as they hate Cheney.  Another WEEK flogging this non-story to death? Why o why god must you make me suffer so?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Smoke and mirrors to distract us from real issues.  I hate the mainstream media.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
CNN's  CANDY CROWLEY = BULL COMMIE DYKE ---  with a MUG like hers , shes gotta "stimulate" the minds of her commie puppetmaster boses !!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Toss out the welcome mat for the dead tree media and show them last week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Cause wiretapping and communications monitoring is the most important story of this administration.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm starting to think the media hates us as much as they hate Cheney.  Another WEEK flogging this non-story to death? Why o why god must you make me suffer so?

GUN Owners , and guys on AR-15.COM ------  they do hate US !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top