Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:13:00 PM EDT
My new barrel got here today. Obviously I'm not very happy about this. I filed a lost item report w/the USPS. I guess I'll let you know how it turns out... I'm bummed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:55 PM EDT
what kind of barrel were you supposed to be getting?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:24:50 PM EDT
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:25:19 PM EDT
Holy shit, they delivered it like that? That's messed up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:25:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:26:15 PM EDT
Signature confirmation? If no, they'll just leave it on your doorstep.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USGI_45:
what kind of barrel were you supposed to be getting?

Looks like a stealth barrel.

Sorry couldn't help it. Hope it gets sorted out rebby.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:32:40 PM EDT
Damn, I hate when you are waiting for something and then that happens. Hope it all turns out well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:37:22 PM EDT
From billparadise:
Looks like a stealth barrel.

Yes, the elusive F-117 barrel. Very rare. Only 10 made! Extremely hard to see!

Someone know you were getting it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:37:31 PM EDT
No signature confirmation on the package. The "stealth barrel" should have been a complete 16" CMMG mid. I'm hoping that it was lost by the PO and not stolen. Due to the holiday on Monday, I have to wait until Tuesday to hear anything.

Due to this being a part for an "evil gun," I filed a report w/my local Sheriff. Now I don't even have my $250 box.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:43:38 PM EDT
Good luck Rebby. I'm guessing it'll turn up okay.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:52:27 PM EDT
another USPS horror story
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT
1. Get a nice spot on your roof and plenty of pringles/ammo.

2. Mail something to yourself in Priority Mail boxes for the next several days.

3. Find out who has your goods.

hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:28:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

It wasn't a neighbor. I met the carrier at the door. Attempted to refuse delivery, that didn't go over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:31:17 PM EDT
Call the shipper 1st. I had one from Vector come in like that and some things were missing. They sent new stuff out right away and did their own claim with UPS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:31:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rebby:

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

It wasn't a neighbor. I met the carrier at the door. Attempted to refuse delivery, that didn't go over.

I dont get it they wouldnt let you refuse an obviously ripped open pacage that was empty...I hope you put that part in the police report...maybe the mailcarrier is anti-gun
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:18 PM EDT

So you met the USPS delivery person at the door and they refused to hand over the item to you? Am I understanding this correctly?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:39:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

So you met the USPS delivery person at the door and they refused to hand over the item to you? Am I understanding this correctly?

No, he attempted to refuse to accept it since it was obviously missing, but they made him take it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:40:59 PM EDT

tag for further updates.

And it should be okay the beat the thief to death with the barrel they stole from you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:43:07 PM EDT
well answer the question...what was the mail carriers response when you pointed out that the package was messed up???
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:14:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:
well answer the question...what was the mail carriers response when you pointed out that the package was messed up???

He said that he couldn't do anything about it but he would ask his boss about it when he got done with his route. He also said that he couldn't take the box back. It was delivered and I'd have to go to the PO on Tuesday and figure out what I should do. I didn't push the issue much because I figured that the box would be able to help me track down the contents in some manner. As I noted above, I don't even have that box any longer. My local Sheriff has it as evidence.

Since posting in thread previously, I've had a long discussion with my local Post Master. Based on the condition of the box, the means that it was "repaired", location of certain stickers, etc it is her feeling that the box was damaged during check in or check out with their "air carrier" (she wouldn't say who, just that it was a commercial airline contracted out to transport mail). Chances are the barrel slipped out of the box and is sitting in a "lost mail" bin either in Minneapolis or Atlanta depending on where the barrel was lost. I filed a claim with the PO so all that I can do right now is hope that they find it and that it hasn't been damaged beyond resonable repair.

If all else fails, I've talked to a fraud investigator at my bank. Although this isn't your typical fraud I'm still protected under my CC agreement since I purcased something that I didn't get.

That reminds me, I should note that I bought this as a new barrel second party on the EE. I've contacted the seller about this but in no way do I believe that the seller attempted to scam me. Based on ow the box was repaired, I don't even see that as a possibility (most of the tape "repairing" the box was placed over an airline transport sticker placed on the box well after it left the seller's hands). I have not heard back from the seller but I'm sure that he is as surprised about this as I am.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:17:20 PM EDT
ITs USPS right get a Postal inspector on this.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:24:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBowles:
ITs USPS right get a Postal inspector on this.

The office was closed on Saturday when I called. I left a message and am planning on calling them again on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:01:01 PM EDT
so any new news on this today....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:46:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:
so any new news on this today....

Nothing from anybody. I was in meetings from about 8:30 to 5:00 today so I didn't get a chance to call any place either. Hopefully I'll get a chance to call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 7:54:56 PM EDT by Hylton]

My new barrel got here today. Obviously I'm not very happy about this. I filed a lost item report w/the USPS. I guess I'll let you know how it turns out... I'm bummed.

Looks like USPS just bought you a new barrel
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 8:03:21 PM EDT by heavytank2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=127&t=328589

HOLY SHIT. I just lost my barrel during a transaction with a fellow board member! Except it NEVER showed up. Btw, someone at the PO lifted it due to the fact they used JUST some masking tape. Good job asshats.... They should have secured the package better. So you know for a fact the break occured when it was in their possession due to the hack tape job. If it was empty they would not have taped it.

I got my last shipment with UPS and it showed up just fine and EARLIER then my postal service. I don't trust USPS anymore. Being cheap gets you screwed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:14:05 AM EDT
I called the St Paul USPS inspection office and the St Paul USPS recovery office and filed a case with both of them this morning. Hopefully something will turn up...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:08 AM EDT
Seller here,

I guess you have not heard anything from the PO yet rebby? Last time I use USPS to ship anything of importance! Please keep me informed if you find anything out.

mzzlebrk
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:37:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mzzlebrk:
Seller here,

I guess you have not heard anything from the PO yet rebby? Last time I use USPS to ship anything of importance! Please keep me informed if you find anything out.

mzzlebrk

Nothing yet. I need to call the Recovery Office back this afternoon though (I needed to get a number off the box first) so hopefully I'll get some sort of update. I'm not holding my breath though.
Top Top