Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 2:13:16 PM EDT
Why don'tthese oil companies gotten smart and gone back to hiring a small army to protect their investments? I know this happened in the 80's and early 90's, before Bill Clinton and the UN got involved to get rid of them. Hell even some of the countries in Africa was hiring them to take care of problems like this sh*t.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They are fairly well fortified, the problem is these rebels are armed to the teeth in Africa.   It was a group of 40 of them that kidnapped the workers this week.  I agree there should be more protection though but this is Africa, if they hired more guards, it doesn't mean they can trust them.

I'll be there in a few weeks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well take a couple more mags

Quoted:
They are fairly well fortified, the problem is these rebels are armed to the teeth in Africa.   It was a group of 40 of them that kidnapped the workers this week.  I agree there should be more protection though but this is Africa, if they hired more guards, it doesn't mean they can trust them.

I'll be there in a few weeks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top