BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does  your wife have a boyfriend on the side?

Maybe it was on purpose........

Nope shes good. But i can see some hippy getting pissed off at me driving an evi 8 cylinder. The thing i dont get is how can i drive 300 miles nonstop and the truck run like a champ and blow through 3/4 of a tank and then all of the sudden. bam. the truck doesnt work. if the gas was bad theres no way it would work flawlessly for hours of driving. Hell, i shouldnt have made it more than a few miles.
Can any mechanice confirm this? Cause im starting to think the diesel in the gas story is bullshit. I had them clean the injectors,
Drain and flush the gas tank.
Change the oil.
Change the spark pl;ugs.
Check the catsalytic converters.

and the truck still runs like it did when i had it towe to the first dealer. Now they tell me one injector rail is running lean and the other is running rich. How would bad gas cause this?

doesnt make sense

Did they reset the computer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does  your wife have a boyfriend on the side?

Maybe it was on purpose........

Nope shes good. But i can see some hippy getting pissed off at me driving an evi 8 cylinder. The thing i dont get is how can i drive 300 miles nonstop and the truck run like a champ and blow through 3/4 of a tank and then all of the sudden. bam. the truck doesnt work. if the gas was bad theres no way it would work flawlessly for hours of driving. Hell, i shouldnt have made it more than a few miles.
Can any mechanice confirm this? Cause im starting to think the diesel in the gas story is bullshit. I had them clean the injectors,
Drain and flush the gas tank.
Change the oil.
Change the spark pl;ugs.
Check the catsalytic converters.

and the truck still runs like it did when i had it towe to the first dealer. Now they tell me one injector rail is running lean and the other is running rich. How would bad gas cause this?

doesnt make sense

Did they reset the computer?

the first dealer said they didnt and ill ask the second dealer tonight.  they said tried everything and cant figure it out. they are calling in some engineers to look at it but they have been working on it for three days.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
My Dad did that once.  He just pulled over every 30 miles or so and added gasoline then drained the oil pan afterwards.  It was an 80's truck so there wasn't damage unlike these newer "everythings computer controlled" trucks.  It dieseled and knocked till he got it full of gas again but no damage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Have you tried disconnecting the battery?  That should reset the computer. Depending on type it might be minutes or overnight for it to reset.

I’d also check the charging system. I’ve seen some weird things happen when an alternator was over charging.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top