Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
Forgot to file state last year and got a letter from the IRS. Pretty sure it is a trivial amount to be paid but how or where do I do an old return?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:13:49 AM EDT
Turbo Tax Online.
Fast, Easy and Cheap!
Buttom will say something like do you need to file a previous years return?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:54:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 10:14:03 AM EDT by mm34b]

Originally Posted By Mattl:
Forgot to file state last year and got a letter from the IRS. Pretty sure it is a trivial amount to be paid but how or where do I do an old return?

It's odd that you would get a letter from the IRS for failure to file a state income tax return. The only involvement the IRS would have, is to notify the Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) that you filed a Federal income tax return using a Louisiana address.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:01:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mm34b:

Originally Posted By Mattl:

The IRS didn't give you any instructions or a contact person in their letter???

Yes but it is Saturday, they are not thier. Just found out I owe $116 for 2005 too, they will not see that till April though just principle. This blows.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 10:20:29 AM EDT by mm34b]
You better take care of the 2004 debt ASAP. The LDR is probably charging you interest and/or penalties for not filing or asking for an extension prior to the original due date. You can get the old income tax forms off of the LDR web site.

www.rev.state.la.us/sections/taxforms/archive.asp
Top Top