Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:07:38 AM EDT
He has the nerve to tell me I need to learn primitive weapons such as bow and blackpowder because soon all our guns will be illegal.    This guy hunts, votes republican, ex army and claims to be pro gun.    As I explained that banning firearms will be mass non compliance he comes back with "there's nothing you'll be able to do about it"    I normally get along fine with him and agree on alot of things but to roll over and play dead is just not an option for me.    

If he truly does represent the majority of gunowners as he claims we're soon to be fukked.

I'll say this right now, I will not comply.   Chain me up and haul me off but you aint gettin my guns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The hunters will eventually fuck all of us.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell him after they get all the other guns, then, they'll get around to the primitive weapons too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Still, learning such stuff is not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I know some bowhunters like that around here.  They are real pricks.  A threat to one form of hunting is a threat to all of hunting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Tell him after they get all the other guns, then, they'll get around to the primitive weapons too.

And point to england where they are working on knives and airsoft guns now.

They're also trying to ban hunting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I've tried to talk about class 3 stuff with him too, he's a closet lefty.    At least when you're talking with a dimwitocrat you know where tehy're coming from.    It pisses me off to no end when we're attacked from people who are supposed to be on the right side.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I run into the same thing with hunters, frigging ignorant bastards
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The hunters will eventually fuck have already fucked all of us.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The vast majority of people who accidently shoot themsleves also seem to be hunters. I guess there is no need to learn proper gun safety if you are only going to use your gun a couple times a year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, he also said the average shooter only goes through about 20 rounds per year for sight in and practice.   I mentioned he'd have to multiply by 200+ to get to a slow year for me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it.

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Too many hunters are total morons.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#13]
All your flint tipped spears are belong to us!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it.

Sad to say, but you are correct.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Media does brain wash a heritage clean. Thanks CNN,ABC,NBC,CBS etc.......TRAITORS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well,dang! I've been hunting for 40 years and didn't even know I was the enemy!
Nice generalization asshat!

How's about," Them black rifle nuts are all bound to shoot up a schoolyard sooner or later"?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well excuse the hell out of me.  I'm a hunter, a clay target shooter, and a bullseye man, and I don't take kindly to these remarks.  At least jbombelli qualified with "too many".
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

I'll say this right now, I will not comply.   Chain me up and haul me off but you aint gettin my guns.

Every one here knows you're going to fold like a cheap pair of BDU's
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it's safe to say that one's enthusiasms are not a good indicator of one's intelligence.
That being said, if he pisses you off, why do you talk to him?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well excuse the hell out of me.  I'm a hunter, a clay target shooter, and a bullseye man, and I don't take kindly to these remarks.  At least jbombelli qualified with "too many".

I refuse to lump all hunters into a group like that.  I know some that also own evil black rifles.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I refuse to lump all hunters into a group like that.  I know some that also own evil black rifles.

If one doesn't own a rifle capable of combat, you are doing your State an injustice for not being prepaired to defend it. As your Bill of Rights requires you to do.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's about," Them black rifle nuts are all bound to shoot up a schoolyard sooner or later"?

Too many of them have already been thinking like that for too long.

I never said all hunters. Many hunters are stand up RKBA guys, but far too many are happy banning GLOCKs and ARs as long they get to keep their .30-30 and 16 gauge.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Be careful not to paint with such a wide brush.  I'm an avid bowhunter and prefer to hunt with a bow over a gun.  That said, it doesn't mean I don't know what the second amendment says and that are rights are in danger.  I know some guys like the one you speek of.  Right him off,  they are no help to us.  Wasting your anger and dissapointment  on them is a waste of energy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Elmer Fudds rult!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Life Member NRA, Avid bowhunter(understatement), pistol, and black rifle fanatic, Many hunters are like me. Most all the ones I know in three states.
Its sad to say but we are one election away from the next round of nightmare laws. People who solely hunt need to be informed not put down.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#28]
It doesnt sound like he SUPPORTS the banning of guns, it sounds to me like he thinks its going to happen and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

As for that IMO theres something I can do about it, is someone going to have the balls to come to my house and take my weapons?

Better bring tanks an and army cause I'll have a small army of my own waiting, I just need to stock up on a few RPGs and some Full auto AKs and ARs .
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm a hunter, and a black rifle nut, and I'm in California, so everybody is my enemy. Quote from Big bear

I agree.  While I don't subscribe to the original hunters belief about giving up our guns, I do keep several black power rifles, lead, and quite a bit of powder in storage.  I hope it never comes to that, and hopefully our NRA memberships and voting will prevent it, but since me and my sons like shooting primitive weapons, why not....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm a hunter. I am an NRA member. I call my representatives when some asshole attempts to violate our right to bear arms. I own traditional firearms and also have several EBR"s in my collection. Tell me how I've "fucked" everyone... Sure there are some hunters who don't understand what's at stake, but I do. Either we stand together and support "everyone's" right to gun ownership, or George Soros, the U.N., and the traitors in our own government, will prevail. I try to share this information with everyone who'll listen. Your attack on hunter's does nothing to support our shared cause.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Well lets see, Black Rifle, M1A, Fal, Garand, M1Carbine, AKs, SKS,Pistols, revolvers, on and on. Oh and I hunt too. Don't lump. Just call the hunter dimwits, who only believe in their stuff being legal, what they truly are. COWARDS. Plenty of us who hunt have a dawg on both sides of the fence. Banners AND PETA pukes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#32]
The antis have done a great  job of dividing us up into little catagories like collecters/gun enthusiats/hunters and have us arguing among ourselves.

Shame some people don't see that we are all on the same side and all stand to lose.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#33]
My theory (flame suit on) is that the fraction of us that do fight back like we all say we do will be wiped out pretty quick.  And they'll use us fighting back against the rest of ya'll to take your muzzle loaders and bows and arrows.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You already are complying, by not owning guns that are already tightly regulated. When these remaining guns become tightly regulated, you (and 99.9999% of all gun owners) will comply. The remaining will be branded nuts, terrorists, or whatever....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You already are complying, by not owning guns that are already tightly regulated. When these remaining guns become tightly regulated, you (and 99.9999% of all gun owners) will comply. The remaining will be branded nuts, terrorists, or whatever....

We already are branded nuts and terrorists.  But the terrorists that did 9/11 are "insurgents" and need to be understood.  I need to be understood.  I have feelings to!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm a hunter. I am an NRA member. I call my representatives when some asshole attempts to violate our right to bear arms. I own traditional firearms and also have several EBR"s in my collection. Tell me how I've "fucked" everyone... Sure there are some hunters who don't understand what's at stake, but I do. Either we stand together and support "everyone's" right to gun ownership, or George Soros, the U.N., and the traitors in our own government, will prevail. I try to share this information with everyone who'll listen. Your attack on hunter's does nothing to support our shared cause.

+1!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm glad some hunters were a little upset with the generalizations. To the person who posted that most hunters have fucked everyone else I'd like a little proof. I hunt and so has every male member of my family. We all own lots of other rifles and pistols as well. A little less hyperbole and a little more proof please.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#38]
TO all the hunters out thereyou need to educate the IGNORANT hunters. I have tried to educate the hunters that I have run into at outdoor ranges, and the vast majority of them could care less about anything other than their guns. If it's black, and mag loaded, it's crap to them, and should be banned.

Anyone remember that article a few years ago from the outdoor writer in Ill? The state was bringing up legislation to ban EBR's and certain handguns. They didn't give a shit about it UNTIL THEY FOUND OUT THAT IT ALSO BANNED SMOOTHBORES OVER .50!!!

THEN they were up in arms about 'their shotguns'!! ANd it was all from that one writer.

FUCK THE HUNTING ONLY CROWD. They haven't done ANYTHING to help us, while we have been fighting to protect ALL guns.

TO be honest, I'd like to see Congress rewrite the federal gun laws to comply with the Miller decision. Then we would have unfettered access to MGs, and all other firearms that have an 'intrisic militia value'.
Sure, we would lose the non militia use guns, like the NEF single shot shotguns, the Raven, Jennings, Perrazzis, and crap like that, but we would still  have a very good selection of guns available to us.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Bring in a slingshot and tell him you're going bear hunting..ask him if he wants to go with you and be a real hunter.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I have recently started hunting and consider myself a shooter first and a hunter second. I think that the problem is that these people just don't realize that it is the same evil that threatens all of us. I like the ad run by the Texas State Rifle Association in this years Texas Parks and Rec. rule book. It shows a hunter walking through te fields missing his rifle and quotes the law that tried to ban all rifles capable of firing more than one round without reloading, including bolt action rifles.

These hunters that are ignorant to the truth are too eager to please the gun grabbers in hopes of appeasing their grabbery without realizing that our black rifles will just be a step on the road to taking all guns and soon the right to hunt and eventually fish.
This problem goes deeper than just hunters. It is a great example of our countrymen's mentallity on the whole. The more we give the more government the more it will take. Until one day it is either 1984, or Civil War II.
The real problem is people that think they are doing the country a favor by subverting the Constitution. Which is, or at least supposed to have been, the heart and soul of our country.
I share everyones' frustration with these type of people.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do apologize and should have been specific towards my co-workers who are hunters and not generalized.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Ill meet everyone in the montana mountains ok?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#44]

I only wear my Elmer Fudd gear a few days a year and love to hunt.  I also really enjoy EBR's and would like to get a 50 cal.  That said, There are a shitload of guys who only shoot a few rounds per year and aren't as aware of the assault on the 2nd amendment as we are.  These are the folks to make aware in a sensible non-Nugent way. (I like Ted but he ain't bringing new folks in, he's preachin' to the choir)  Getting the Fudd's interested in shooting an EBR without being kooky about it would probably be a better way to get them to see the light.  Calling them asshats while socking away ammo may be a bit premature and actually may accelerate public apathy to our plight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#45]
What a doof, doesn't he think that if they ban guns - they could pretty much ban the production and sale of black powder too?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What a doof, doesn't he think that if they ban guns - they could pretty much ban the production and sale of black powder too?

Exactly, since smokeless powder is considered a propellant and black powder is an explosive. It is rather humerous the reasoning with some people.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a "nice" generalization, but a GD accurate one. I cannot count the number of times a so-called "hunter" was quoted when gun banning legislation came up. I personally have heard numerous "hunters" bemoan the mere existance of black rifles. These asshats think the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting.

Figure out where you place yourself, sir.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Right him off,  they are no help to us.  

As opposed to writing him off????????????    
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Many hunters are like me.

Sadly, no they're not. Some, yes; many, no.

People who solely hunt need to be informed not put down.

Oh, come on. How many thousands of gun shows do they have to go to before that little 25 watt light bulb comes on over their head?????????????? For 90% of them, as long as their O&U or deer rifle is left alone, they could care less what's being banned.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#50]
What does that matter when all of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident, weren't yours?????
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top