Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 5:46:48 AM EDT

Well, my wife and I just found out we'er having our first baby. We are wanting to see some videos to have an idea what to look forward to. I did a search and didn't find much online that was free.

Anyone know of some online childbirth videos?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Idon't have a linki for you, but congrats on your first baby.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks. I'm really nervous about it. It's one of those life milestones.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on your first baby.

We have 4....but wanted to tell you that you might rethink that video idea.  

In fact, it might freak you out and scare your wife half to death.

Mrs. Ekie

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife delivered our first child last weekend.   It was a pretty short labor, we checked into the hospital around 11:00 am and the baby was born at 1:00 pm.  There was no time for an epidural, so she did it natural style.

We attended a childbirth class several months back and we were shown a video of the whole disgusting process :D

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I was born c-section.

That means when I leave the house, I go out the window.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My wife delivered our first child last weekend.   It was a pretty short labor, we checked into the hospital around 11:00 am and the baby was born at 1:00 pm.  There was no time for an epidural, so she did it natural style.

We attended a childbirth class several months back and we were shown a video of the whole disgusting process :D

Don't need video.

We did the same thing, took Lamaize classes for breathing exercises ie hees, hoos etc.  When it came down to it, my oldest son was born in less than 10 minutes.  My wife went into labor at home and the baby came faster than expected.  Didn't get a chance to use the breathig techniques, epidurals.  I would take the Lamaize classes just to go over the psysiology of birth etc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats, man!  It was the best day of my life when we had ours.  I would recommend that you not view a video of the event first.  I was with my wife during delivery at the north end of the action, since I am a puss.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was born c-section.

That means when I leave the house, I go out the window.

More like knock a hole in the wall.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#11]
You don't need a video. It will come out the pot without her watching the video.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#12]
At the risk of sounding a bit granola, consider taking a class in the Bradley Method of natural childbirth.  My wife and I have had two children all-natural, and my participation in both events was the high point of my life.  You will see videos in the classes if you take them, but you will be prepped about the basics beforehand, so it's not as shocking.

Also, feel free to IM me if you have any other questions.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Imagine a wet St Bernard trying to come in through the cat door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top