User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TRH lived on the edge. sometimes that gets you burned. I don't know the past history there but from what was posted and the little i have seen they have had some issues. I know NAM had more than a few warnings. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I am sure they will work things out.

mike

Did NAM get banned too? Dang! He's a good guy!

Yes.

Really sad. NAM just got back from Iraq about a month ago....

I'm not a team member any longer so I can't read what happened, but I do know NAM well and have had many conversations with him.

Who else is/was banned recently? I guess I've been out of the loop
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He deserved it, he was always making derogatory comments.

Tow the company line or hit the road eh ??

Probably more like "if you can't say something nice"....

Hope it's only a temporary lock. After all, I'm part Arizonan.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TRH lived on the edge. sometimes that gets you burned. I don't know the past history there but from what was posted and the little i have seen they have had some issues. I know NAM had more than a few warnings. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I am sure they will work things out.

mike

Did NAM get banned too? Dang! He's a good guy!

Yes.

Really sad. NAM just got back from Iraq about a month ago....

I'm not a team member any longer so I can't read what happened, but I do know NAM well and have had many conversations with him.

Who else is/was banned recently? I guess I've been out of the loop

I'll be more than happy to copy and paste the discussion into Word and email it to you if you'd like.  Just send me your email addy, as IM has a word limit.

FWIW, I posted a disagreement with TBK1, but I did it very respectfully.  I really don't think either Nam or TRH were trying to ruffle feathers, just that they have off-color senses of humor that can be taken a number of different ways.  Maybe their posts SEEMED to be toeing the line, or maybe they were just enjoying their site for entertainment - that being here, of course.  

I have no dog in this hunt, but I liked em both and would like to see their posts again.  I didn't always agree with them, and I didn't always enjot them, even.

But if something pisses you off, just let it roll off your back and click the funny X in the corner and move on.  Life is too short to be insulted or pissed off at the place you go to get away from life's realities.

Anywho, if you want the conversation just shoot me your email addy via IM and I'll get it for you when I get home later this afternoon.

Richard (the not banned YET) Arizonan

(Sorry for the theft of the idea, Eric The Hun.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I was going to post a "Free TheRedHorseman" thread, but I figured I'd get banned so I decided against it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Heh.

AB
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that's the bad part about typed vs the spoken word. face to face means one thing to somone vs everyone reads a typed post differently.  That said it's really not that hard to play by the rules here.

+1
Wow, this sucks.

I have posted in the past that I don't like bannings. I guess it is a needed sometimes to keep the site running smooth, but it still sucks. It is easy for me to not agree because I'm not in charge and get to enjoy the site without doing any work.

TRH, was funny as hell I think. I hope he gets to come back soon.

I think the stuff he posts doesn't really seem to be malicious and was witty and often off the wall. That "off the wallness" was what made his sense of humor unique
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He deserved it, he was always making derogatory comments.

Tow the company line or hit the road eh ??

hey if you owned it you could do what you want but you dont, so bite the bullet and move on. this isnt your house or mine, i just paid to be a guest not own it.

I don't know about that one the rest of it was spot on though
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Can someone explain to me in plain english what is going on with "rule 7" or am I just too thick headed to get it? Have people been bashing the site and I am too dumb to catch on?

Sorry I am an idiot!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can someone explain to me in plain english what is going on with "rule 7" or am I just too thick headed to get it? Have people been bashing the site and I am too dumb to catch on?

Sorry I am an idiot!

7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.

If you repeatedly post as a pain in the ass for management they will strike you down while repeating

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Basically don't force management to allocate a helluva lot of time to keeping your butt in check.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
NAM emailed me this morning. Said he was banned forever. Not in time out as he understands it.

What a screwed up thing to do to an Iraq War vet! Someone who put his ass on the line so we can have the freedoms we do, get's banned for something so stupid. According to his email, all he did was say that TBK1 needed his diaper changed and then he got the boot.

Oh well.. Like I said, I don't have the text because I am no longer a paid member. And wish to remain that way. I miss my smiling goat though
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
NAM emailed me this morning. Said he was banned forever. Not in time out as he understands it.

What a screwed up thing to do to an Iraq War vet! Someone who put his ass on the line so we can have the freedoms we do, get's banned for something so stupid. According to his email, all he did was say that TBK1 needed his diaper changed and then he got the boot.

Oh well.. Like I said, I don't have the text because I am no longer a paid member. And wish to remain that way. I miss my smiling goat though

I offered to send you all the text at your request, in case you missed it bro.  Just email me your email.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In the beginning this site was like a fraternity of people, wacky, colorful and fun.. Then you bring in the advertisers to the site, now you have there image to protect. And you know you cannot piss off the cash cow! Good lord the Airsoft adverts start! On a Firearms Forum  of all places, Toys on a gun site. Well now were getting an influx of kids due to google, Oh boy yippee Skippy. But you cannot say any thing, because of that cash cow again.
Now we have some guys that think its fun to go over and troll some boards, guess what they come back here to raise hell... $24 trolls
Now in 6 years we have got to a place where you cannot speak your mind on the problems that are out there, no matter how true it is. If you do you get banned.. Humor has to be bland, or you will get banned... Speak out about one of the cash cows, banned..
Don't be mad at the mods. There just doing there job of protecting the image of this site and the image of the cows.. That is whats important!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
All I'm saying is that I learned my lesson... but good.  Don't piss off the Bee Keeper !!!!!

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't know what went on between NAM and TBK, but I'd be inclined to cut him a HELL of a lot more slack than your average Joe, given the fact that he's spent at least a year being shot at in Iraq...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
All I'm saying is that I learned my lesson... but good.  Don't piss off the Bee Keeper !!!!!

lawdog

Sorry.  But your post shows that you still don't get it.

It's not about the BeeKeeper or his personal opinions.

It's about acting like an adult.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry. But your post shows that you still don't get it. It's not about the BeeKeeper or his personal opinions. It's about acting like an adult.

I beg you pardon, Painless???  Pray tell... what would you have me to do so as to not offend thee???

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't screw with Old_Painless lawdog...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm not.  He's evidently got a problem with my posting style so I'm asking him straight up what he wants (or doesn't want).  That's not messing with him.  (He's not related to the Bee Keeper is he??)

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yep, we might see a "lawdog-o-truth" sometime soon
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#29]
T_B_S, not to hijack the thread, but I didn't see you in the Alabama Governor poll.  Sieglman is out due to his legal problems.  Moore is too ultra-religious even for the bible belt.  I've been looking for your campaign but haven't seen it yet down in Mobile.  I sure don't want Butt-Head in office another 4 years.  Step up your campaign !!!!   You'll get my vote for sure.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I understand the whole final straw theory.

I don't understand exactly what TRH got banned for?

His final Thread did not seem to be offensive or out of line. It was posted in the Team Forum. I have seen alot worse Threads posted.

I don't think his last Thread should have been a final straw or even a straw at all. It was more like a needle in a room full of straws.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the Mods. I just wonder why exactly he was banned or locked or whatever?

And why is Sledhead not banned for starting this thread.I'm not trying to get Sledhead banned, just wondering.

BTW. No offense Sledhead. I was just making a comparison, not trying to get you in trouble.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

no i am pretty sure old painless is a old white guy. not much of a family resemblence

www.weeklyfilm.com/images/Moviepics/jules.gif

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#33]
OK Here it is in a nutshell... this site when it first started was a "club" of sorts... it was designed around guys and guns... yeah there were lots of BOTD threads and what not..

..BUT IT GREW and became more commercialized. Also it has become probably the most visited firearm site around. there is a modicum of ethics that has to be addressed now. It not really that hard to follow.

Unfortunately we now have a bunch of trolls, non shooters and troublemakers that start crap and now the Mods and Staff are keeping a close eye on EVERYONE... I've been calibrated myself a few times and understand what I can and cannot do. A few times I even screwed up.

I like Red Horseman myself and I dont know NAM.

Now that ARFcom is more commercialized and has sponsors ... that is where the bread is buttered and as I said... there are a few things that have to be watched over... why is there no MOD in the Team Forum? we basically watch ourselves right? That is the old school way.

Hopefully they are just in a time out and will come back... I have no answers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what went on between NAM and TBK, but I'd be inclined to cut him a HELL of a lot more slack than your average Joe, given the fact that he's spent at least a year being shot at in Iraq...

It'll take more than serving in combat to not get stung here.  The gray area has become a solid line not to be approached without getting shown the door.  It would be quite interesting to see who has been involved with most of the latest ban/locks.  Basically, SUGGESTING someone should quit whining in this case, resulted in 2 lock/bans.  Some of the absolutely scathing personal attacks I've seen have gone unnoticed while this little jab was defended with the same ferocity a personal threat would have recieved.  The CoC is getting to be like the tax code, get a CPA and a Lawyer to digest it and HOPE you don't get audited by the wrong agent.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the beginning this site was like a fraternity of people, wacky, colorful and fun.. Then you bring in the advertisers to the site, now you have there image to protect. And you know you cannot piss off the cash cow! Good lord the Airsoft adverts start! On a Firearms Forum  of all places, Toys on a gun site. Well now were getting an influx of kids due to google, Oh boy yippee Skippy. But you cannot say any thing, because of that cash cow again.
Now we have some guys that think its fun to go over and troll some boards, guess what they come back here to raise hell... $24 trolls
Now in 6 years we have got to a place where you cannot speak your mind on the problems that are out there, no matter how true it is. If you do you get banned.. Humor has to be bland, or you will get banned... Speak out about one of the cash cows, banned..
Don't be mad at the mods. There just doing there job of protecting the image of this site and the image of the cows.. That is whats important!

And thats the gospel truth.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lawdog

Sorry.  But your post shows that you still don't get it.

It's not about the BeeKeeper or his personal opinions.

It's about acting like an adult.

I beg to differ.
it IS about certain mods, not just TBK1, but several in general who take things differently than others do.
Whats simply funny or off color to some are insensitive, mean spirited and worth a banning to others.
The rules are subject to the tastes of individual mods, not the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lots of people are getting Disappeared around ARFCOM

Not at all...Unlike the "knock on the door in the middle of the night" you have people that continually instigate, aggravate, dance on the edge...whatever. Anybody who gets the boot around here is NEVER surprised.

Pissed off, feel they don't deserve it, feel they warrant special consideration, claim others goaded them into it, think the company position/COC is wrong, etc.,  or whatever, but NEVER surprised.

Think about it.

TheRedHorseman was surprised at this one.  So was Slow5series.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I totally agree with everything that The_Beer_Slayer says !!!

T_B_S------>             <------- Lawdog
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
TBK?

Say "What" one more time!

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically don't force management to allocate a helluva lot of time to keeping your butt in check.

And that, gentle readers is the best summation I've seen so far on the subject.

Guys - There is a cubis assload of stuff that has to get done here daily to keep the site running, most of which most of us never see. With nearly 92000 members, there is only so much time to devote to each item on the To Do list.

Think of it as a Cost/Benefit Analysis (also never forget the root word of "analyze" is "anal")

When something gets to be more trouble than it's worth, it has to either be adjusted or it's gotten rid of. Sad, but true.

What about Slow5Series?  What did he do?  He just randomly received an e-mail saying he was banned.  He asked about it and was told "I think we both know why."  How was that causing trouble?

How was TheRedHorseman causing trouble.  He was told to toe a certain line, which he did, and then was banned.  How was that causing trouble?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What about Slow5Series?  What did he do?  He just randomly received an e-mail saying he was banned.  He asked about it and was told "I think we both know why."  How was that causing trouble?

How was TheRedHorseman causing trouble.  He was told to toe a certain line, which he did, and then was banned.  How was that causing trouble?

I do not know slow5series or anything about his locking, so I can't comment.

No one seems to know...

I do know something about TRH, I, too, also found him funny, but at times he was a royal PITA. I didn't lock him, so I can;t give you a difinitive answer, but he has seemingly enjoyed the role of "razor dancer" at least since the AZ HTF meltdown last summer.

How so?  I haven't seen anything that would make him a "razor dancer."  At worst, he dislikes muslim terrorists.  Don't we all?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm not trying to cause trouble here. I'm still kind of new. I'm just wondering how TRH's Thread is a violation of rule #7 and this Thread is not.

In TRH's Thread it was stated that he was banned or locked for violation of rule #7.

My only question is, did he violate this rule in his post or not?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I can't say I'll really miss him. When I first came here, he was an okay guy, usually pretty helpful. But by the beginning of this year onward, he'd become... well, there's no other word. He'd become an asshole.

It was even kind of sad, because IIRC he was one of the ones who'd helped and given advice to me when I was having some family issues.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top