Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 7:23:52 AM EDT
Pakistani Cleric Issues Fatwa Over Cartoons

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — A Pakistani cleric announced a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew the Prophet Muhammad caricatures, as thousands rallied across the country Friday and authorities arrested scores of protesters.

Police put another Islamist leader under house detention amid fears religious radicals would incite more deadly demonstrations after Friday prayers. Five people have been killed in Pakistan this week during protests, but most demonstrations Friday were peaceful.

In Denmark, where the prophet drawings were first published in September, the government said Friday it had temporarily closed its embassy in Pakistan following the violent protests this week.

Pakistan recalled its ambassador to Denmark for "consultations" about the caricatures, a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said.

Mohammed Yousaf Qureshi, prayer leader at the historic Mohabat Khan mosque in the conservative northwestern city of Peshawar, announced the mosque and the Jamia Ashrafia religious school he leads would give a $25,000 reward and a car for killing the cartoonist who drew the prophet caricatures — considered blasphemous by Muslims.

He also said a local jewelers' association would give $1 million but no representative of the association was available to confirm it had made the offer.

yup....the Religion of peace and tolerance
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

In Denmark, where the prophet drawings were first published in September, the government said Friday it had temporarily closed its embassy in Pakistan following the violent protests this week.

I guess every dane cheers over that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
To quote Jonny Cochran.... "If the turban fits"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Fatwa...wet fart...it's all the same.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to the bakery and getting a danish for breakfast... Ooops, I mean "Rose of Mohammad"..

apnews.myway.com/article/20060216/D8FQD2FOB.html

I got your rose right here bitches! My rosie red.............(Take a whiff)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought that was The Big Brown Eye.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
(It was just a matter of when)

Someone DUPED this topic.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=438079
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I drew the fuckin' cartoons!

Come and fucking get me!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Yet another muslim cleric promoting violence.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
We should pool our money and put out a "fatwa" on this ridiculous cleric.  Whoever whacks him first wins.  Then draw up a cartoon about it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]
And one more thing...

Any country that takes the side of the militant islamics by taking diplomatic measures against another country because one of the private citizens of that country offended militant islam, should be wiped off of the face of the earth. Pakistan is proving (for like the 100th time) that they are nothing more than a bunch of jihadist stooges. They are haroboring the terrorists who fled Afghanistan and continue to conduct hit and run terrorist ops, they are harboring the terrorists who have killed countless Indians in Kashmir, and they are so outraged that they can't control themselves over a cartoon that I guarantee not a single damn one of them has ever even seen.

FUCK PAKISTAN! If Moosherrif can't start kickin' some butt over there then maybe we ought to replace him with someone who can.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Dude, that's like a thousand AR15s. Turn him over......
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
WHAT is WRONG with those people? Some guy a thousand miles away draws a cartoon and the whole region goes freaking nuts! Riots, violent protests, and now even million dollar death threats over A SIMPLE CARTOON?!?

I can't believe it. They burn our flags, threaten our homes, and kill our soldiers, and yet we have done nothing near close to what they have done OVER A SIMPLE ****ING CARTOON.

I usually stay out of these threads, but there is something seriously wrong with either Islam or just that whole region of the world.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
but there is something seriously wrong with either Islam or just that whole region of the world.

it's the islamofacist, suicide bomber wanna-be's that are the problem, and these fucking clerics that spill shit out of thier mouths and is believed by said islamofacists suicide bobmer wanna-be's
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]
NUTS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Come and fucking get me!

Asasholegrabbingmothersuchandsuchwannatakeallthegloryforyourselfwithoutgivingcredittothosethathelpedyoudrawthecartoon...

We drew it.

Come and get us..

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
If you're considering some counter-protesting, the time and place is published here:

www.islamicthinkers.com/index/index.php

Picked up from
littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=19276_Muslims_Demonstrate_at_Danish_Consulate_NY#comments
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
The Religion of "Peace", working for a better tomorrow.

Fuck em all.

SG
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Come and fucking get me!

Nope I drew them, in fact becuse you fucksticks can't be sure which of us did, come after us, coem after ALL of us

fucking RoPers
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you're considering some counter-protesting, the time and place is published here:

www.islamicthinkers.com/index/index.php

Picked up from
littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=19276_Muslims_Demonstrate_at_Danish_Consulate_NY#comments

Anyone else up for a mass bacon cook-out conveniently upwind of the protesters?

Along with, of course, a massive stereo system playing Ray Steven's "Ahab the Arab" and a couple huge bilboards of the cartoons in question....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top