Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:25:18 AM EDT
I saw Bode's website (the skiier) and it was cool.  that guy lives a pretty nice life.  A very simple one.  I have been in the process of once again simplifying my life.  I've passed up a promotion for the second time.  I'm selling off an uneccessary vehicle to get rid of the payments and extra insurance costs.  I'm cooking more at home and avoiding eating out so much.  When I do this, it make me happier.  I'm doing what makes me happy.  I've noticed that some people are happy for me, and others are "concerned" and think that there "must be something wrong."  whatever.  Actually, I think they're nosey and just want to hear bad news.  

What decisions have you made for yourself?  What makes you happy in this life?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
the only thing that made me happy in life is behind me now and i'll never get it back. now all i have to look forward to is a mountain top in idaho and a highpowered rifle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I rape, pillage, loot, and steal whenever I can. You only live once and fuck if I'm going out empty handed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My Life sucks right now
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My Life sucks right now

+1 I have a great boss, have great pay but a job that has been kicking my ass now for 3 months.  It has turned me into a cranky SOB.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My Life sucks right now

Eh?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
My 1 year old daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me.... I have another in the oven right now.

My kids.... I live for them now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I like explosions.  The bigger, the better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I personally think Bode Miller is a stupid, irresponsible chump.

That said, I've started simplifying too.

It was mainly after I was down on the coast for Katrina/Rita relief.

We've started a garden and, are canning our own vegetables now.

I haven't run the furnace once this winter, just depending on blankets,
clothes, and, the fireplace.  I plan to do without AC as much as possible
this summer.

I've started back to fishing, and, plan to go hunting this next season.
I could already gut and, fillet my own fish from when I was a kid, but,
I know jack squat about hunting.  I'm gonna find out, though.

We just got more chickens, and, get fresh eggs every day from our older ones.

My wife's makeing just about everything from scratch now.

We cancelled cable, and, are lookign into solar panels along with a rain catching system to water the garden.

I dunno if "simpler" is the term as, it's been quite a ttransition, but, It'll get there
eventually.  I'm just trying to get off the grid as much as possible.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
One day at a time.

Works great for me, but I've found that it frustrates a lot of the people in my life when I can't answer any questions about what I'll be doing in the future-

Zen is a mother fucker.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like explosions.  The bigger, the better.

Best post of the day!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

this summer.

We cancelled cable, and, are lookign into solar panels along with a rain catching system to water the garden.

I dunno if "simpler" is the term as, it's been quite a ttransition, but, It'll get there
eventually. I'm just trying to get off the grid as much as possible.

i think you may have pointed something out for me.  The less i have tying me down, the fewer obligations i have to others, the more I own my life, the more satisfied i am.  i pity those married to bigger houses and fancy cars.  I sound like a commercial for the anti-ego.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this summer.

eventually.  I'm just trying to get off the grid as much as possible.

That's cool. I see myself like that sometime down the road. Currently in the process of re-assesing what's important to me. More fishing, less work, for starters.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One day at a time.

Works great for me, but I've found that it frustrates a lot of the people in my life when I can't answer any questions about what I'll be doing in the future-

Zen is a mother fucker.

you may be making it difficult for them to compare themselves to you.  We all like to be one up, right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#14]
At the risk of sounding blonde (I am not) who is Bode Miller?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One day at a time.

Zen is a mother fucker.

you may be making it difficult for them to compare themselves to you.  We all like to be one up, right?

That is true- basically the reason behind the motto of killing Buddha if you meet him on the road.

Of course it's probably good for me that my acquaintances don't follow that philiosophy!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bode miller the skiier.  his website is at JoinBode.com

it's a nike sponsored site.

he's the guy who entered into some contraversy by skiing hung-over.  I guess he had to apologize for his statement.  Say what you want about his shortcomings, he lives life his way.  There is something respectable about that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I live my life like there's no tomorrow....
and all I've got, I had to steal
'least I don't need to beg or borrow

......uhhhh...never mind....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I will not tip-toe through life just to arrive safely at death.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Simple is good if you are a sinlge guy.
Once you have baggage(wife and kids) you can forget it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a boring ass job that pays very well. I struggle with not having any challenge at all, but, I dont take work home. I really dont have much stress ( knock on wood)... I am bored off my ass..

But it is welcome at this point in my life. I have a few toys, so I am good... But I could tell you some shit..............................
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I love the grid life
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#22]
For most people, it takes Age to get them to the point that they stop living for other people and their opinions. Americans in particular are driven by their wants and what they think other people think their wants should be. I hit that point at about 30, after a few setbacks in life.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have a boring ass job that pays very well. I struggle with not having any challenge at all, but, I dont take work home. I really dont have much stress ( knock on wood)... I am bored off my ass..

But it is welcome at this point in my life. I have a few toys, so I am good... But I could tell you some shit..............................

indeed!  please do, please do.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I live my life like there's no tomorrow....
and all I've got, I had to steal
'least I don't need to beg or borrow

......uhhhh...never mind....

Yes I'm a livin at a PACE THAT KILLS!!!

Favorite Van Halen song hands down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I rape, pillage, loot, and steal whenever I can. You only live once and fuck if I'm going out empty handed.

Dad?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
For most people, it takes Age to get them to the point that they stop living for other people and their opinions. Americans in particular are driven by their wants and what they think other people think their wants should be. I hit that point at about 30, after a few setbacks in life.

very true.  we are bombarded by advertisements constantly, telling us what we want.  Our employers have a promotional process which we are expected to follow or we lose our Alpha-male status.  We think we  must live a certain lifestyle involving houses, cars and clothes or else there is "something wrong."  I am beyond 30, but still find myself occasionally slipping back into others expectations.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I live above the law
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I am in the process of paying off all debt and living the simple life. I am starting to care less about material things.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Live life, get paid, get laid!

from the wildearp-meister!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing has made me happy for a very, very long time.  I womanize and drink heavily to make up for this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm living the simple life,

I cut out of my life any of my friends with constant drama,

I make it a point to appreciate the small things that I like.

I practice my kung fu, and I get my homework done on time,

and I am respectful and courteous to others, (even when the assholes don't deserve it!)

I get along okay.

I just want to be left alone, and leave others alone.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#32]
back to the simple life. im gonna give away everthing i own, including my clothes, find a nice bottom land plot of soil somewhere with good irrigation, plant myself in one spot, put down some roots and live the life of a common vegetable..

just haven't decided whether i wanna be  rudabaker, squash, pumpkin or potatoe...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I just bought a Corvette so I'm lovin life!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I saw Bode's website (the skiier) and it was cool.  that guy lives a pretty nice life.  A very simple one.  I have been in the process of once again simplifying my life.  I've passed up a promotion for the second time.  I'm selling off an uneccessary vehicle to get rid of the payments and extra insurance costs.  I'm cooking more at home and avoiding eating out so much.  When I do this, it make me happier.  I'm doing what makes me happy.  I've noticed that some people are happy for me, and others are "concerned" and think that there "must be something wrong."  whatever.  Actually, I think they're nosey and just want to hear bad news.  

I decided to start my own business.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
back to the simple life. im gonna give away everthing i own, including my clothes, find a nice bottom land plot of soil somewhere with good irrigation, plant myself in one spot, put down some roots and live the life of a common vegetable..

just haven't decided whether i wanna be  rudabaker, squash, pumpkin or potatoe...

maybe you should raise Quayle instead.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind?  Need a CEO or VP?

I decided to move to a different country and learn about their culture firsthand.  And possibly kill them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

congrats.  sounds like a lot of work though.  What are you doing?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I dont really know what I like doing.

I dont know what the hell Im doing with my life these days
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Simple as I can get the wife to live it, and apply the golden rule everyday.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I dont really know what I like doing.

I dont know what the hell Im doing with my life these days

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I just bought a Corvette so I'm lovin life!

I was gonna do that, but some stuff came up that day
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Just graduated college, lost my girlfriend of over three years, moved back in with the parents, and am trying to find a job.  Everything that was secure in my life is now gone, so you could say I'm trying to find myself once again.  It's a learning experience, and like many things in life, sucks, but is necessary to grow and mature.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#44]

How do you live _your_ life?

Neat and compact.

"Neither a borrower nor lender be"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
[John Rambo] Day by day [John Rambo]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

How do you live _your_ life?

Neat and compact.

"Neither a borrower nor lender be"

i don't understand what some people post about always avoiding debt.  i keep the credit cards under control and avoid the small debt, but i still have a mortgage and car payment.  Do you guys not even borrow for a house or car?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

At the risk of sounding bald I don't know who he is either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i keep the credit cards under control and avoid the small debt...

+1

Make no mistake, I'm a huge proponent of credit.  It's just "everything in moderation."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I've always lived a fairly simple life but lately I made the decision to start taking some chances.  

The result of that decision is that I'm now entering into what I hope will be a wonderful relationship with a wonderful woman who makes me happy.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#50]
a 1/4 mile at a time. for those 10 seconds or less...im free.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top