Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 4:27:49 AM EDT
There has got to be a way to put the national media in their place.  Show them they don’t know anything (or as much as they think they do).   I am looking for ideas for a story that it so outlandish that the national media would pick it up and so absurd that know one with any common sense would ever believe it.  

On the way to work they said a bounty has been placed on the Dutch cartoonist’s head.  The guy that did it must not realize there were about 20 cartoons and 12 cartoonists.  So I was thinking of getting the buddies together and staging a mock “revenge killing”.  We all dress up in bib overhauls with our lever action rifles in front of a giant American flag and pretend to execute a another buddy who would be wrapped up in a bed sheet and have dark brown makeup on.  Sure use fake blood and animal parts to make it look real.  Then I though that would be a really stupid thing to do.

So let’s hear what you can come up with…  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
no i'd say the national media does a fine job embarassing themselves
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have given some thought to sending in a video of someone in a mask making a statement about taking out those who are suspected of having terrorist ties in the US.

However, being white and Christian instead of muslim, I'd probably end up in prison.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
What could I do that would be more embarrassing than reporting that Al Gore has won Florida?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have given some thought to sending in a video of someone in a mask making a statement about taking out those who are suspected of having terrorist ties in the US.

However, being white and Christian instead of muslim, I'd probably end up in prison.

already been done. i think it was just last year, he actually made the national news. he was questioned by the .gov to make sure he wasn't actually a terr but i don't think he was ever charged with anything...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I missed that.

I'm honestly a little bit surprised that there isn't more of that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my favorite embarrasing moments for the media was the time that some terrorists/murderers in Iraq claimed that they had caputred an American Soldier.

The pic they released of the Soldier was an action figure in 3 color BDUs!!!!

Every media source ran that picture and for about 10 hours had no clue!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
One of my favorite embarrasing moments for the media was the time that some terrorists/murderers in Iraq claimed that they had caputred an American Soldier.

The pic they released of the Soldier was an action figure in 3 color BDUs!!!!

Every media source ran that picture and for about 10 hours had no clue!!!

that was fucking hilarious, I remember that everyone was speculating that the hoax perp was Sgtar15
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1

I'd agree that the media doesn't need any help whatsoever.  They hit bottom a long time ago and decided the the "right thing to do" was to keep digging.

- CD
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1, that was my first thought after reading the thread title.

Although IIRC, some time ago, someone dummied up a nice-looking press release from a ficticious organization making some bizzarre claim, faxed it around, and the media picked it up and ran with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Ton Green did it a few times IIRC.  The one I remember best was when he claimed he was going to swim the English Channel.  The media arrived and he swam ashore from a boat that dropped him off earlier.  When he busted them, they didn't take it well.

More hoaxes like that would be cool.  Stepping it up to completely destroy their tabloid like reporting would be even better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#11]
They embarass themselves every day--problem is they are too fucking stupid to realize it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Something to do with a flying saucer or Bigfoot, or maybe CONCRETE PROOF of ghosts.
Forget about the crop circles... too many exposés have been done on them, and they wouldn't buy it for a second.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I have 3 words that already prove that

"Thrust per squeeze"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

On the way to work they said a bounty has been placed on the Dutch cartoonist’s head.  The guy that did it must not realize there were about 20 cartoons and 12 cartoonists.  

Is that what they said on the radio, or is that what you think they said?

Because if it is verbatim what they said, there is a mistake in that story more egregious than not realizing that 12 cartoonists were involved.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:47:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the NSA wiretapping gambit the media and their Democrat friends thought would be useful in bringing down Bush is not going anywhere.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/16/AR2006021602155_pf.html

Ever since the Cheney accident, people are bringing up the Valerie Plame non-scandal, hoping that somehow Scooter Libby will say he was ordered by Cheney to "leak" the fact Valerie Plame worked for the CIA, something that Fitzgerald determined months ago wasn't a crime.

They keep running around in circles hoping something, ANYTHING will hurt the Bush Administration, cause someone to resign or get jailed for something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top