Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 8:58:38 PM EDT
Guy claiming to be a Lt. Col. Marine sniper, gulf war/oef/oif vet.

forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=16314

Laugh?  Is it worth getting upset over?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What makes you think he's a fake?

Sounds like he's trying to write a cheap drama to me... but nothing stands out as fraud unless I missed it
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a search using his user name, email address, and AIM.  Profiles from other messageboards have him claiming to be born in 1986 and to be a college student.  Posts also coincide to when he was supposedly over there fighting.

He has also claimed be a West Point graduate, born in Germany, and a school teacher that is currently getting his master's degree.

In another thread he claimed to be attached to the 15th MEU...but I don't think they participated in Op. Phantom Fury as he claims (could be wrong).  

Also says he "whispers" a prayer every time he "pull the trigger."  Seems awful hackish to me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I did a search using his user name, email address, and AIM.  Profiles from other messageboards have him claiming to be born in 1986 and to be a college student.  Posts also coincide to when he was supposedly over there fighting.

He has also claimed be a West Point graduate, born in Germany, and a school teacher that is currently getting his master's degree.

In another thread he claimed to be attached to the 15th MEU...but I don't think they participated in Op. Phantom Fury as he claims (could be wrong).  

Also says he "whispers" a prayer every time he "pull the trigger."  Seems awful hackish to me.

Let me get this straight, he is a 20 yr old Lt Col?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I can tell, yes, he's 19 or 20.  Though the evidence is from a cached page on a google search.

He is definitely a bright boy...seems like he reads up on military history.

Not sure how many Lt. Col. war vets use AIM with a name like "Last Swastika" or say things like "roffle".

edit - He won't say his age or any timeline of his career.  Seems to have some terms down but clams up when pressed for details.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what I can tell, yes, he's 19 or 20.  Though the evidence is from a cached page on a google search.

He is definitely a bright boy...seems like he reads up on military history.

Not sure how many Lt. Col. war vets use AIM with a name like "Last Swastika" or say things like "roffle".

edit - He won't say his age or any timeline of his career.  Seems to have some terms down but clams up when pressed for details.

I can tell you for a fact, all the Lt Col's from all branches that I have seen are in their middle 30's at a minimum.  WWII might have seen a Lt Col so young but I doubt it.  So I definitely can say the puke is a poser!!!!

I am sure some of our Marines here can lay out the USMC's Officer promotion time scale out.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
"Yes, I've read the damned book. I commanded 500 Marines and 200 Coalition Troops at Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury. I know how to lead men, I know how to inspire them. I know how to unite men that don't even speak the same language (I had everyone from Germans to British and Canadians throughout the war), and I know when to attack and when to defend. I don't consider myself anywhere near Caesar's level, and I only led more than 1,500 men once (because my CO's car hit an IED), but I know pretty damn well how war works and the toll it takes. More than any of the armchair generals here, I'll wager."

"I know it's about exceptional battles, but we're talking about a farmer with an iron-scoped Mosin-Nagat. The damn thing weighs like 10 pounds.

Really Iron-Scoped?

Username:   Abyssmal Fiend
Group: Consul Consul
Account Status: Active
Online Status: Offline
Date of Birth: Not Given
Homepage: http://rometotalrealism.org
Interests: Not Given
Email Address: Send Email
Private Message: Send Private Message
MSN Messenger: [email protected]

If Operation Phantom Fury started on November 8, 2004 How was he posting on allempires.com on Nov. 9,10,11,13,15? At all hours of the day?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Some additional evidence against him:

If you look in his profile he uses the email "[email protected]."

A search for "lordostrategy" on google brought up this thread from 2002:

www.simaqianstudio.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t11-0.html

A user "lordostrategy" who also goes by Jake and also claims to be born in Germany says he was born in 1986.

A search for "LastSwastika" yelds this profile created 03/2005:

tinyurl.com/c6rvj

It includes his AIM, lycos email address and confirms his current location and nation of birth.

In the education section it says he "Completed Highschool, currently in College"...no mention of his West Point education.

All other profiles seem to lack any mention of having been a career Marine.  Who, if I may say, aren't shy about stating it.

Also included in the search:

convo

A rather childish chat log about half way down the page.  I don't think that would be indicative of a Lt. Col.

Maybe someone can find better info than myself, but what I have found is damning IMO.

I've ask him to provide me with proof.  An email from a .mil address or any documents proving his story.  I've promised to apologize IF he could provide this.  He has yet to do so.

I haven't served yet, but I do know a real life Marine Scout/Sniper.  Maybe I've over-reacting, but I see the sacrifice he's made (physical and otherwise) and it fires me up.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Wasn't the Marquis de Lafyette 19 years old when his forces defeated Cornwallis at Yorktown?

Maybe he promoted fast after the Basic School.

I doubt there were very many Lt. Cols. at either battle for Falluja.  There must be somebody who was there here on the board??????  Battalion Commander if a Lt. Col.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Even more wonderful posts by our Lt. Bullshit sniper

"AK-47 VS M-16 A1 is almost an exact match. The AK-47 bullets are a bit wider at the head, that's about it.

AK-47 VS M-16 A2 (Current Issue) isn't even a challenge. With the A2's lack of weight, it's so much better than the AK-47.

AKM VS M-16 A2 I'd say the AKM is a step up from the AK-47, but still doesn't match the A2. Still too heavy to be effective.

AK-74 VS M-16 A2, AK-74 hands down. A bit lighter, smaller, doesn't fire as far, less recoil... It's basically a Russian MP5."

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, I've read more about military history than most people can comprehend, and this guy is a fraud.  Come on, "Blood Upon the Risers"?  No Lt. Col I know would have heard this song.  He's basing what he knows on what he sees on television and maybe a few books.  THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY HE WAS A BnCO during Phantom Fury. Here is the list of units involved:  Someone nail him on this:

Regimental Combat Team 1
Btry M, 4th Bn, 13th Marines
Co A, B, C, D, 2nd MARDIV
AT platoon, 23rd Marines, 4th MARDIV
Platoon from 1st Force Reconnaissance Company

....Okay this will be way too long to list, so I'll go with the big ones

3 Bn/1st Marines

3 Bn/5th Marines

TF 2nd Bn, 7th Cavalry (Army)

Task Force LAR

Regimental Combat Team 7
2nd Force Recon Co
1st Bn/8th Marines
11th Marines
Det, 2nd Intel Bn, II MEF

Battalion Landing Team 1/3 from 31st MEU

2nd Recon Bn

19th MEU was not involved as far as the information I have (thank you Bing West).

Marines don't boast like this.  None of the ones I know, at least (I know many).  Nor do they boast so poorly, particularly based on the exploits of Marines other than themselves.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an interview with a Marine at 0900.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like someone already posted there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
He claims to have been a lieutenant colonel after the FIRST gulf war.  If he was born in 1986 he would only have been in pre-school ;)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Call him Jake Reinhardt - see if you get a response.

Who is that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guy claiming to be a lt.col Marine sniper, gulf war/oef/oif vet.

usmc mos 8541 is a enlisted marines mos.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Guy claiming to be a lt.col Marine sniper, gulf war/oef/oif vet.

usmc mos 8541 is a enlisted marines mos.

That's what I have heard as well.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#19]
This one is simple. Marine officers do NOT go to Scout/Sniper School, ever.

Whitman and Oswald were NEVER Marine Snipers.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Why is this loser getting so much attention, feed to whore why dont you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#21]
"Blood Upon the Risers" was a cadance used by paratroopers in WWII.

It came from the book "Curahee" by Donald R. Burgett

One of the "Band of Brothers"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Somebody locked it. I'm a little disappointed, as it took me a whie to type this:

Abyssmal Fiend,

You are a fraud. The information in your post here is severely flawwed, and nowhere close to the truth.

Here's why.

Marine Officers do NOT go to Scout/Sniper School. Not now, not ever.  The MOS for Scout/Sniper can not be held by a Marine officer. Officers command Sniper platoons, but are NEVER Snipers.

You claim to have "folded the flag too many times". The only way this could be even remotely true is in a figurative sense. Enlisted men fold the flags at Marine funerals. Nevermind the fact that you were supposedly in the desert at the time these funerals were taking place.

There is no such thing as an "honor discharge". We do have an honorable discharge.

I would bet every cent I have that in the last 50 years the Marine Corps hasn't had a LtCol below the age of 35. It just doesn't work that way. That being the case, if you had been out for 10 years, you would have likely been too old to come back in.

Yu claim to have been "thrown all over the place picking up the pieces of poor logistics lines or helping build morale where it was low". I was in one of the two Marine groups responsible for building the logistic lines from Kuwait to Iraq, and the logistic network to Marine units in Iraq. We did a better job than you could probably even imagine. Our logistic system has never collapsed. There are no officers that travel around boosting morale. NONE.

You stated "He wanted to promote me to Full-Bird Colonel to work with him even more, but I turned him down -- I wanted to stay with the men." Nobody in the Marine Corps can promote a field grade officer at will, with the possible exception of the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Even if they could, military promotions are not negotiable. You take them, or you resign your commision.

Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman were not Marine Corps Snipers. Any Marine can tell you that. Any Marine that had been to Scout/Sniper School would be more likely to knock someones teeth out than allow themselves to be painted with the same brush as those two.

Here is my favorite contradiction from your original post. "any sniper worth his or her salt tends to keep that hidden away." You stated this after giving your fake account of what shooting someone is like.

Anyway, don't think you got away with this. You may fool a few who know nothing about the military, and probably take you at your word as a moderator on this board. If you are lucky, you may even be able to delete this before too many people read it. But me and you both know the truth.

Corporal J.C. Dale
USMC(former)
2/121 Infantry GAANG
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:20:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Greetings,

Firstly, I would like to preface this by saying that I do not know the moderator in question personally all that well. All comments I make are from a neutral perspective.

Now, myself and a number of other moderators over at rometotalrealism.org have reviewed the evidence you guys have put forward, though we will not come to a decision until Abyssmal Fiend has defended himself. We thank you for the evidence - impersonating a war veteran is quite a bad offense, in our opinion. We will welcome any new evidence that can be provided for us. In addition, if you guys could help us organise the evidence already given, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once more, thanks for the help (even though a few of the comments could have been worded differently - eg "cockbags"), we will discuss the matter with Abyssmal once he comes online.

Cheers,
Cheex.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Greetings,

Firstly, I would like to preface this by saying that I do not know the moderator in question personally all that well. All comments I make are from a neutral perspective.

Now, myself and a number of other moderators over at rometotalrealism.org have reviewed the evidence you guys have put forward, though we will not come to a decision until Abyssmal Fiend has defended himself. We thank you for the evidence - impersonating a war veteran is quite a bad offense, in our opinion. We will welcome any new evidence that can be provided for us. In addition, if you guys could help us organise the evidence already given, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once more, thanks for the help (even though a few of the comments could have been worded differently - eg "cockbags"), we will discuss the matter with Abyssmal once he comes online.

Cheers,
Cheex.

His claims of Sniper School are the most telling. If he really was an officer, there is no way he could go. If he was the real thing, he would know that.

If you know his name, you can PM me, and I'll look him up on Marine Online. If he is in the Marine Corps in any capacity he will be there.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:30:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#29]
The only thread I read was the one hotlinked here. In that one he claimed to have joined "before most of you were born"

I touched one the age issue in my long post earlier in this thread, although I didn't know he was a 20 year-old LtCol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#30]
hahahahahaha

can you say:
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Why waste your time with him? If I had taken the effort to unveil or out every fake vet I've ever known since Vietnam my life would be wasted. I've learned that they always make statements that open doors to conversations for which they already have all the answers. Don't take the bait. Ignore them. Not worth the effort. In my opinion (yeah who gives a shit) ANY veteran that self promotes his military record for praise, adoration, and to impress those who don't know better
isn't worth listening to anyway. A classic example is a janitor retired from a local business a year or so ago. Only on retirement was it revealed he had two purple hearts, CIB, two bronze stars (one with V} and the Silver Star from Korea. Had never said a word to anyone in the thirty something years he had worked there. The company really did him right with the retirement ceremony. I commanded the Color Guard

rk
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I usually let people say what they want to say, and be done with it.  If you don't give them the feedback they are looking for, they will go look for attention somewhere else.
I certianly wouldn't waste my time outting somebody.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:17:55 AM EDT
[#33]
There is no 19th MEU, there is 11, 13 and 15 on the West Coast. 22, 24, 26 on the East Coast and 31st in Okinawa.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Btry M, 4th Bn, 13th Marines

I assume this was a typo but it was Btry M, 4th Battalion, 14th Marines commanded by  Milton (Kirk) Parsons.  Kirk and I have been friends for years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Another fake vet/SEAL/SSDG exposed by ar15.com.  Good job!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
In addition, if you guys could help us organise the evidence already given, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a post he made from another message board:

It's broader in the Marines. Logistics, MPs, whatever.

I was attached to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit in Afghanistan. We were among the first boots on the ground. I also had to support the 26th that went with us. One of my best NCOs was a guy named "McKinnon" or something similar. I've had a dozen different ones. He took awhile to learn things, but once he did, he never had to be reminded. Tough as nails, stubborn as the Grand Canyon, and a damn fine shot. And then there was a guy from Germany who I think I liked more because he was from Germany. He was actually in the German Army, and I can't remember his name. We called him "Felix." The man spoke better English than I do.

The 15th was SOC. No idea why they sent me there, but they did. The 15th's base was in Camp Pendleton (Not sure how you spell it), in California. I went there once, and that was about a day before we left for Afghanistan.

The 15th MEU was trained to do everything from Amphibious Assault to Peacekeeping. It was and, to my knowledge, remains in an effective anti-terrorism capacity.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

West Point makes Army Officers. Annapolis Makes Naval and Marine Corps officers. Colorado Springs Make Air Force Officers.

I worked with a guy (Richard Denney)that was always telling stories like this. Now when I meet those Recondo Seal Force Recon doorgunners with the combat jump wings I always ask if they know Master Chief, Master Sergeant, Special Agent, Richard Denney. When they say yes and ask how I met him I reply "It's Highly Secret! If I tell ya I gotta kill ya! I have to report this breach of security, don't be suprised if Master Chief, Master Sergeant, Special Agent, Richard Denney shows up here tonight. " They shut right up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Why can't I ever meet one of these fuckers at the bar on a Friday night?  I could use the stress release of knocking his head off his shoulders..  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Huh, I could swear that there was a Marine option at West point (this coming from former faculty) but that it's VERY rare.

Also, I can swear I remember my OSO told us that the other OSO in his office had attended S/S school (and wasn't prior enlisted). He's humint, if that means anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems that we're putting a lot of time into this idiot, don't you think? I can't believe I just read this whole thread! Like everyone else, I've run into enough Recon Marines/SEALS/Super Secret Ghost Recon trained killers to fill the state of Texas. And it's only getting worse with this new war we've found ourselves in. I just laugh and never talk to them again. They are pissing on the hard work and sacrifice of true heroes by trying to suck off their glory and pain. F*ck 'em.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Doesn't seem like anything was done.

At the very least, considering the amount of time he's spent concocting lies, he should come out with a thoroughly written apology to the board.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Unless they are trying to use it to take advantage of a situation I say let them get themselves deeper in shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top