Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:04:16 PM EDT
So here's the story:

I live in an apartment in a so-so part of town and my car is parked in the apartment's open carport. It's a '98 Toyota Camry, not exactly a Porche but not a bad car either.

I get a call from my roomate this morning and he says "Uh have you checked your car? There's a blanket over it with a Nornstrom bag on the roof and FedEx boxes under the windshield wipers." All that goes through my head is W T F??

I get home tonight and check my car. Looks perfectly normal until I get closer. There's a stack of FedEx envelopes lying on the hood and a large broken toy car obviously placed on top of the windshield wipers. Nothing else wrong.

When I ask my roomate, he says "Yeah there was a blanket covering your whole car, windows and all with a gift bag on top and the FedEx envelopes jammed under the wipers."

First off, I don't have a clue why, what or who. Those items weren't an obvious threat or message. I don't even know any neighbors. Nothing else was wrong with my car. There was no painting or maintenence going on in the car port. But it was clear someone walked into my port and placed them there on my car, they could not have fallen or blown there.

Second, how can I catch them if they try something again? Anything I can put on or do to my car or car port? If only I had some CS powder...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:05:36 PM EDT
I'm guessing claymores are out of the question.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
Find who did it and put drano in thier gas
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:07:12 PM EDT
motion activated sentry guns... they kick ass
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:09:21 PM EDT
get a 5 gal gas can. fill it halfway with gas. put in some concentrated OJ mix, drano, and any other sticky gummy crap you can find. leave it in the backseat of your car with the window open. wait until the jackass comes along and steals it and tries to use it in his car. laugh when his engine seizes up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:09:52 PM EDT
Camp out and when they touch your car hit them with a flex baton.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:09:58 PM EDT
Maybe someone mistook your car for someone else's. Was this the first time it happened and has anything happened since?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:14:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Engineer:
Maybe someone mistook your car for someone else's. Was this the first time it happened and has anything happened since?

I now absolutely, totally believe your username.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:20:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Engineer:

That might make sense if it was parked on the street or something, but my car is been in MY spot all week and it has pretty distinctive stickers on the windows. This only happened today so we'll wait and see.

As for all the gas tank suggestions, wait till I find the perp first
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 9:27:32 PM EDT by Gunplay]

it was your roomate.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:48:22 PM EDT
Get one of the X10 type webcams and stick it in your car. Then you can watch it and surf arfcom at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:05:33 PM EDT
I like the gas can idea, but use a lot of Chlorox. Chlorine is an oxydizer, and it will actually help the gas burn hotter in the cylinders, but the resulting by products of combustion will ruin the engine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:23:53 AM EDT
Are your stickers offensive too anyone??????????
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:51:49 AM EDT
I'm guessing it was drunk college kids being stupid and destructive.
If it were me, I would clean up my car and forget about it.

If it happens again, its time to spend the night in the vehicle and get ready to 'draw down' if need be
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:08:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 9:09:04 AM EDT by JavaMan]
A few years ago I had a buddy whose motorcycle was getting vandalized in back of his apartment building at night, so we set up a small video camera and loaded Gotcha! on his PC. The program allows you to select areas in the frame and when it detects movement in those areas it starts saving stills as .JPGs to your hard drive.

The next time someone slashed his seat we checked the pics and it turned out to be the old lady who lived above him. You should've seen the look on her face when this big, ugly and very angry biker cornered this little old lady in the hallway with a printed still of her fucking with his bike. He told her the next time his bike is damaged he's going to throw her down the stairs so she'll break a hip. She had to change her Depends on that one. We never found out why she was doing it, but he sued her in Small Claims for the maximum (damages + punitive) and she moved a month later.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:13:23 AM EDT
You have a common car. I think it is a case of mistaken identity.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:31:37 AM EDT
have you pissed anyone off lately?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:34:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JavaMan:
A few years ago I had a buddy whose motorcycle was getting vandalized in back of his apartment building at night, so we set up a small video camera and loaded Gotcha! on his PC. The program allows you to select areas in the frame and when it detects movement in those areas it starts saving stills as .JPGs to your hard drive.

The next time someone slashed his seat we checked the pics and it turned out to be the old lady who lived above him. You should've seen the look on her face when this big, ugly and very angry biker cornered this little old lady in the hallway with a printed still of her fucking with his bike. He told her the next time his bike is damaged he's going to throw her down the stairs so she'll break a hip. She had to change her Depends on that one. We never found out why she was doing it, but he sued her in Small Claims for the maximum (damages + punitive) and she moved a month later.

Ordinarily, I'd not condone throwing old ladies down a flight of stairs, but in her case it seems warranted. The "little old lady" moniker is revoked when you start slashing seats.

Were his pipes too loud?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:35:09 AM EDT
Slap a webcam up somewhere that it can see the car.

Find out who did it.

Take revenge.
Top Top