Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:23:05 PM EDT
Read some of the retarded anto-gun reviews of unintended consequences over at amazon.com

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 7:36:40 PM EDT by blacklisted]
I have already.

I found the main plot with the firearms history, loss of freedom, fighting back, etc. interesting and compelling; however, the authors took this good and informative story and poisoned it with tons of sex. I can take some sex in a book, but this was all pervasive and sick. It has everything including rape, homosexual rape, lesbianism, and oral sex, often in great detail. The two main female characters are lesbians, one was kidnapped as a teenager and became a mistress/prostitute for a crime boss, and one (I think it was the same one) becomes an exotic dancer at a topless nightclub.

I thought the sex was a bit odd in the book...but it didn't hurt anything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:43:19 PM EDT
While entertaining, UI is fairly unrealistic, very long-winded, and very poorly written.

IMO.

SG
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:21:04 PM EDT
I just started to reread it tonight for the second time. I like the book and enjoy most of the story line except for the gay sex B.S. I like it well enough that I plan to buy a copy if I can get one for a good price. Both times I've read it, the book came from the library.

On the story line, I very much doubt that there will be a mass uprising against the ATF or Feds like the book hints.
Top Top