Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:40:13 AM EDT
Post a nominated post, put up a poll, and minimum number of yeas gets the post immortalized.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
i would really like to actually see the infamous "range report" i have heard a lot about it, but never exactly what it is.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I must have missed that one.  What was it about?

Quoted:
i would really like to actually see the infamous "range report" i have heard a lot about it, but never exactly what it is.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Long gone. Well the pics anyway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah I missed that too.

ETA could somebody sum it up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The biggest cover up in ARFCOM history.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The secret can never come out about the range report.  I'm a former member of the "range report" hit squad that took out members that asked about it.  They fired me for cutting out vocal cords and cutting off fingers instead of just killing people that asked to much about it.  STOP asking. it's been talked about to much already.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be mistaken. There was never any such thing as a "range report".

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Or a forum of just the "best" threads...

The Carwash Draw Down

That one of the stuffed animal pics all over the world.

"You can't bring fire on a plane!"

Most Air$oft threads (esp. with pics...)

There are some real, laugh-out-loud threads that don't deserve to go away.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, the Range Report, I remember that one.

It was abo<END OF LINE>
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, the Range Report, I remember that one.

It was abo<END OF LINE>

See, ya'll, they got him, STOP TALKING ABOUT I<END OF LINE>
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I see (and am told that I sometimes write) some single posts that, with a few words of introduction for context would be classics. This is what made me think of it. In this thread my description of the Congressmen backing an AWB renewal drew the concluding suggestion by ARDUNSTAN:

originally posted by ARDUNSTAN

originally posted by FLAL1A

Quoted:
They are the usual suspects: a reliable nest of communists, traitors, crumb-snatchers, beggars, thieves, and hydraulic lawn-jockeys, spewing self-righteousness and entitlement at the flip of a switch. They are the pixel-sized elements of the target at which Jehovah's almighty J-Dam of vengeance will be directed on judgment day, whe He at last determines to cleanse the Earth. The eyeless, multi-eared exoskeletal vermin gnawing the marrow of the bones of such as Jefferson and Madison, they flee with a gut churning skitter whenever the Constitution is invoked. They are the conscientious remnant, who can be relied upon to speak truth to power - and loudly - so long as the grand jury is out of session and the per diem is guaranteed. They are so many 3 pound blocks of government cheese with carboard wrappers and arms and legs and character which being neither hot nor cold must be spat out. With every breath they draw they argue forcefully for monarchy or oligarchy or anarchy or any archy but the archy that got drunk and shit them out near the levers of power. Their mere living indicts Abraham for having importuned the Almighty in advance of His cleansing of Sodom and Gomorrah. They breathe and thereby beg Jesus to reconsider, to invert time, and to remain in the bosom of the Trinity, aloof from the sufferings of His poor creatures. Individually, they are proof that .22 long rifle cartridges cost too much to waste; collectively, they are a fleshy, self-inking rubber stamp reading "Deposit Only" and visible only on the back of a welfare check. One day they will die. Thank God that even then rats and roaches will hunger, or those Democratic stalwarts' lives would have been entirely devoid of purpose.

Heaven grant that a hundred years hence, in the pre-dawn gloom of some dusty crossroad, a penniless, toothless vagabond without fortune, hope, or prospect may find that an undercooked tamale has forced him to seek untimely relief for the griping of his bowels; that he may thoughtlessly squat over the open end of a trickly culvert and in the groaning release of his tired and crusty bung shit upon their unmarked and disremembered grave.

You know L1A, you should write an anthology of these brooding, razor-like missives you
so effrortlessly create.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#12]

How about the ever popular "McUZI Rant"?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
How about the aquabumping thread
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

IM Garandman. He's got it on file.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#15]
"You can't bring fire on an airplane."

"There is a Tyranny Sneaking Up On You." and It's companion screed against the ARFCOM Psychopoliticians.

"Carwash Drawdown."

"Aquabumping"

These threads would also help explain a lot to newbies several terms seen frequently on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Battle for Monrovia, or the Definative Guide to Hip Hop Urban Combat

that one gets my vote
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Lootie!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#18]
So WTF is the range report?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Forgot:

Guy goes Vader on M&A guy at funshow!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
yea
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=288048
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM Garandman. He's got it on file.

I remember seeing that too...look up "ARFCOM INVESTIGATIVE REPORT:McUzi died in service to country" in the archives.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't you people learn?  Stop asking!
While back a n00b decided to post pics of himself, and his girl and him raw doggin her.  He was new and didn't know any better.  It went several pages, a ton of IBTLs, etc etc etc before someone contacted him to let him know about the violation so he didn't get banned.  He got the photos edited out, and EVERYONE got their posts edited to cover for him.  He changed the name of the title to "The range report"  It's the biggest coverup in arfcom history.  

Btw, if ask real nice, and pay for one of the "I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy" bumperstickers I'll send you the 2 surviving pics
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
No response from the mods? Did I burn the wrong incense?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#27]
my alltime favorite is the guy getting a free m16 from a friendarchive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=191630
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#28]
We could just create a forum of only the greatest posts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I think that thread a while back with the pirate  would had a good chance if it wouldnt have been locked so quickly.

Am I right, shipmates?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#31]
The "Can Ye Smell It?" thread was the funniest I've seen in a long time...

I have no idea why the mods locked and trashed it...

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The "Can Ye Smell It?" thread was the funniest I've seen in a long time...

I have no idea why the mods locked and trashed it...

Its a cover up it tis!! ARRG!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I must admit the uber-gay "church function back rub" ranked way up there on the classic thread list.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#34]
For this years Best Threads, I’m nominating:

HOW WELL WOULD THE M-4/M-16 HAVE DONE IN TRENCH WARFARE OF WW1?
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424388

MOTIVATIONAL POSTERS PART II
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=425362&page=1

And the worst:
Troll of the Year Thread
Good Fighters?  By Young_Blood
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=435362&page=1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Post a nominated post, put up a poll, and minimum number of yeas gets the post immortalized.

I like the idea!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Could somebody please provide a link to the tactical wheelbarrow
It's the only legend that I keep hearing about but haven't read
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top