Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 4:49:01 AM EDT
We are looking for a good place to take our small travel trailer over this long weekend.  Any good ideas?

It's a family trip, so shooting is not involved, and prefer something not too cold.  Maybe something along the coast?  I don't have a Woodall's guide, so if yo have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear it.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Refugio or El Capitan beach in Santa Barbara.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It's gonna be tough finding anything this late in the game.  Try poking around this site: www.parks.ca.gov/
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's gonna be tough finding anything this late in the game.  Try poking around this site: www.parks.ca.gov/

Concur with late in the game.  However, you might also try San Simeon State Beach.  They not only have a fairly decent sized campground down by the beach but an overflow area that is ok for a trailer.  Just about 10 minutes north of Cambria on 1, probably about an hour north of San Luis Obispo.  If you are coming from the Central Valley, you can take 46 over to Paso Robles and on to 1.  thats probably the quickest way coming up from the LA area, I-5 to 46 to 1.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Wifeys parents had a trailer...

I prefer good ole packing and tent...but my wife is.....ummm....semi-delicate

Anyway, we went to Julian one time.  That is a pretty nice area...there is a state park out there and the town is pretty cool....also a very cool mine tour...I think it runs year round...not sure of the tempartures currently though....was very hot when we went.

Also we went to...damn....there is a camping spot near Pendleton...just north of San O'.  Damn...still can't think of the name...but if you take the exit adjacent to Tressles, you know there is a Carls Jr. right there, and go east it is about 1.5 miles off the freeway on the south side of the road...Sorry..can't think of the name...but by that description you can figure it out.   Tressles is within walking distance....actually a nice hike.  If you are surfing though....drive back toward the beach.

May be able to get into San O' too....get some freeway noise but the beach is close....Trail 5 was always my favorite.

GL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top