Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:08:39 AM EDT
I guess they can ski and shoot too
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Must have been born of Phrench parents, but raised in the US.  It is the only way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's not like they have anything else going on in the world where all their competent, athletic people with guns would be....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]
and the hair....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Florence Baverel-Robert
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]
She undoubtably trained outside of her country.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Must have been born of Phrench parents, but raised in the US.  It is the only way.

I hate to be the one to break this to you , but the Euros have always OWNED the Biathlon events. I don't follow it close or hardly at all,  but Americans are rarely a factor in this event.

Photo of the French Gold Medal winner;

I'd hit it I'd kidnap her to be my wife and partner in my survivalist mountain hideout.

edit, Only if Pattymcn wasn't available of course

...And she brings her own rifle
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Did anybody see this? Was it shown on U.S. television?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did anybody see this? Was it shown on U.S. television?

It was on the USA network at around 4-5AM this morning. Damn good shooters!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are all talking shit because you're mad at France, but the reality is that guns in France are fairly easy to get and they have relatively few restrictions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps the French Army should draft her.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Perhaps the French Army should draft her.

That would be the most collossal waste of talent in history.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only one who sees the humor in a French woman outshooting French men?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Should be interesting to see who wins the mens biathalon, most likely a European.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]
See how long it's been since I've payed attention to the Olympics or Biathlon? I was thinking they skiied and shot in the same event.

FWIW, I've always thought Biathlon would be a cool sport to take up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know a damn thing about the biathalon either.
Relays, pursuits and mass starts for men and women. I can't keep track of this shit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You guys are all talking shit because you're mad at France, but the reality is that guns in France are fairly easy to get and they have relatively few restrictions.

That's been my understanding for years as well.  I think that this has changed recently because of EU regs, but every French person I have known (admittedly an odd mix) had (and carried) handguns (with the knowledge, if not approval, of local law enforcement) and had a least a few rifles.  I suspect that they kept some stuff from the late unpleasantness with Germany back in the closet as well.

American guns have a very good reputation in France and French are (if I can stereotype) fascinated by American revolvers in particular.  If you want to never be alone on a hunt in France, bring a lever gun, also.  And women shoot a lot in France, kind of like Hill Country German chicks in Texas, and they like guns.

French are avid hunters as well, and often pretty good ones.  In fact, the only place I have seen a similar public mania about hunting is Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I wish that Bush had tried to engage the French somewhat constructively and worked to turn the French people even more against their leaders than they already are.  Le Pen is not that much of a nutcase.  The French are a pretty conservative people, just ruled by a narrow clique of overeducated idiots and hangers-on desperate for a place at the top of a pretty narrow economic pyramid.  Think of the whole US being run by 150,000 Bill Clintons and you have a good idea of what the French have to put up with every day.  A Frenchman I know said a few years back that he had only just now realized why I was so angry when Clinton was in office (speaking of Chirac) because (and I quote) "Just when you think it can't get any worse, more embarassing, less sophisticated, or ahistoric, he does something else even worse."  I really am hoping for Le Pen.  The old anti-semites are largely dead (of old age) and a lot of French people want an alternative NOW, and they do tend to be politically radical.  Hopefully the next big convulsion over there will be towards the right.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+quatre-vingts-sept!

Because French shooters have a very strong lobbying organization and aren't controlled by Elmer Fudds....and even the Elmer Fudds over there are very strong on asserting their rights.

Face it folks, we may hate the the French .gov, but we have a lot more in common with the French than both sides care to admit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

There are a lot of American women on this board who can outshoot American men, too.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Late breaking new...

French woman who won the Biathalon used to be a man.......

When asked where she learned how to shoot she simply said "Sure as hell not in the french army!"..
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a lot of American women on this board who can outshoot American men, too.....

I am probably narrowminded, but I cannot imagine marrying anyone who can't at least do a number of things better than me, including shooting.  Nothing is less appealing that women with no skills or abilities whatsoever who attach themselves to men like leeches.  I know that this is a minority opinion, and I should only be focusing on hooter size and firmness, but hey, I'm a well known eccentric.

Thinking back, most of the women I have dated have been able to shoot at least as well as me, and a number better.  Thank God for Texas.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#23]
And in related news, some russian woman just got her ass thrown out of the olympics and her medal taken.  For doping  you mean women with thicker mustaches and smaller tits than me are doping?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+quatre-vingts-sept!

Because French shooters have a very strong lobbying organization and aren't controlled by Elmer Fudds....and even the Elmer Fudds over there are very strong on asserting their rights.

Face it folks, we may hate the the French .gov, but we have a lot more in common with the French than both sides care to admit.

WTF ?. France is a Democracy, that means the MAJORITY of them elected those asshats like Chirac. Furthermore France LOVES their angry immigrants and like them, are a bunch of angry, arrogant  Yankee and Jew-hating Vichy clods. Fuck 'em.

They have more in common with Saddam Hussein than they do any American. Just ask
Jacques IRAQ Chirac and their loathsome Foreign minister Dominique D'Villipan (sp)
Those bastards have been working against us since day one.

C'mon people !, defending the French is like defending the Canadians and we all know the majority of them are evil.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...And she brings her own rifle
www.championshooters.com/images/ansguns/1827-Fortner-big.JPG

yeah if a band of nuclear radiated zombie   chipmunks attack she'll tear them apart...

" It could happen  !" -Judy Tenuta
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top