BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 9:08:46 PM EDT
The Rule of Law..........must be racist

Lou Dobbs Defends Fire on Illegals
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff  
Feb. 15, 2006
www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/15/155549.shtml
CNN’s Lou Dobbs is garnering praise for his relentless on-air attacks on illegal immigration – and his refusal to back down to critics.

"People across the country tune in to Lou Dobbs because they know their views on immigration will be presented,” Rosemary Jenks, director of governmental relations at NumbersUSA – a policy group that favors reducing immigration – told the New York Times.

"He is a hero to a lot of people.”

On his CNN show "Lou Dobbs Tonight,” the lifelong Republican assails the Bush administration for doing too little to stem illegal immigration.

He rails against businesses for outsourcing American jobs to other countries, and advocacy groups for helping illegal aliens in the United States, and lauds officials who try to enforce immigration laws.

Critics of Dobbs – who occasionally appear on his show – complain that he neglects to say that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants take jobs that Americans don’t want.

Others attack him as anti-immigrant or even racist.

But Dobbs brushes aside attacks and continues on with his anti-illegal immigration crusade.

When the Catholic Church opposed legislation that would make it a federal crime to assist illegals, Dobbs told his audience: "Tonight, the effort to secure this nation’s borders has a new opponent. It is the Catholic Church.”

After critics of the Minutemen called them "vigilantes” for patrolling the Mexican border in search of illegal aliens, Dobbs declared: "I support the Minuteman Project and the fine Americans who make it up in all they’ve accomplished, fully, relentlessly and proudly.”

Dobbs says he has a "mission” to tell viewers the truth, regardless of controversy, according to the Times.

Former "Nightline” host Ted Koppel, has said that anchors and reporters like Dobbs who mix commentary with news should not call themselves "journalists.”

"The moment you start inserting your own passion, in whatever direction, it ceases to be journalism,” said Koppel.

But Dobbs told the Times: "There’s nothing fair and balanced about the truth. ‘He says, she says” journalism is a monstrous cop-out.”

Dobbs was anything but "balanced” when he gave NewsMax Magazine an exclusive interview last July.

"To permit this continued lack of enforcement and lack of accountability on immigration laws, especially since 9/11, is inexcusable,” he declared.

About outsourcing, he told NewsMax: "Any company that kills an American job and places it overseas should be prohibited from doing so, either by regulation or tariffs or both.”

Dobbs has certainly found a willing audience for his TV program – ratings have jumped 28 percent since the former host of "Moneyline” began "Lou Dobbs Tonight” in 2003.

And he plans to continue his crusade against what he calls "collusion” between the White House, business executives and the Mexican government.

"We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws,” he said.

"If we fail as a nation of laws, the rest doesn’t make one bit of difference.”
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill O'Reilly with white hair... and as big a stupid asshole as O'Reilly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Lou Dobbs is a racist!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting article.  I've always liked Dobbs, for the most part.

Out of curiousity, if the immigration issue is ever settled, what will you post about?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Out of curiousity, if the immigration issue is ever settled, what will you post about?  

Hillary shooting her lawyer with airsoft?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I read a lot of news, I used to post about a wide variety of topics, I'd just go back to doing that
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Every night.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Dobbs is awesome!!! He's the Micheal Savage of tv when it comes to illegals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Every night.

Not every night anymore, but I do try
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I like his attitude. I don't have a problem with immigrants or hispanics, just illegals. If Mexico is so bad, fix your country. It isn't for anybody else to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top