Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would rather go hunting with Cheney than for a ride with Kennedy

That would make a great bumper sticker. People would buy them. Trust me.

I'll bet you $5 they are already being printed as we write.

If you find someone selling those let us know.   I'll take a few.
That's gotta be one of the best phrases I've heard in a while.

Just found some:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Id-Rather-Hunt-With-Dick-Cheney-Bumper-Sticker_W0QQitemZ7744940283QQcategoryZ82506QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dick-Cheney-bumper-sticker-funny_W0QQitemZ7744908683QQcategoryZ367QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hunt-w-Dick-Cheney-than-Ride-w-Kennedy-Bumper-Sticker_W0QQitemZ7744925195QQcategoryZ82506QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Love it!  Go to cafepress.com right now and cash in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
But you gotta admit he is a dick!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, they're not upset over that.

They see this as a "gotcha" and will continue to blow it out of proportion in the hopes of politically damaging him and Bush further and they think this'll help them do it.

That's almost what I think.

I think that they're angry that they can't blame Dubya on it in any realistic way, shape or form.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't give a rat's behind what the 4 estate thinks.  I do, however, know there is a quail in the brush of southern Texas laughing it's tail feathers off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting for them to say FOX is a part of the conspiracy since the VP gave them the exclusive interview.  (Which was probably done because they didn't have such a hissy fit like the Bozo's at NBC, CNN, CBA, ABC, et al).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So the media is upset because THEY weren't specifically notified.

So who gives a fuck? Since when is that an obligation of the VP.

Since when is it anyone's obligation to report to the media?  What, they think they are the cops now?

Well the Press is the Fifth Column "Fourth Estate", more important than anyone in office or any branch of Government... so they believe.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny
www.davezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/this-is-a-quail.jpg
DICK=Birdbrain

Kalifornia....should have known.

He also does not know bright orange vests are not used here for bird hunting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm waiting for them to say FOX is a part of the conspiracy since the VP gave them the exclusive interview.  (Which was probably done because they didn't have such a hissy fit like the Bozo's at NBC, CNN, CBA, ABC, et al).

Already happen.

Brit Hume said he got questions implying that from the press corp when leaving the Cheney interview.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny
www.davezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/this-is-a-quail.jpg
DICK=Birdbrain

Kalifornia....should have known.

He also does not know bright orange vests are not used here for bird hunting.

They were wearing orange... but the guy was walking out of the sunset, which is red and orange.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already happen.

Brit Hume said he got questions implying that from the press corp when leaving the Cheney interview.

Well that prooves the theory that the media eats its own young (and not so young).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gotta admit though - If Hanoi John had accidentally shot a hunter while "hunting" before last fall's election we'd be pretty hard on him.

Sure would, and I think Dick is responsible for not observing proper gun safety.

But if Hanoi John had ND while on personal time and DID report it to law enforcement promptly I wouldn't blame him for NOT notifying the media.

I was more referring to the criticism against amare32suns for poking fun at Cheney for mistaking a hunter for a quail, not the hissyfit the media's throwing over not being immediately notified.

Oh ok....on that I agree.

If Hanoi John shot a guy he was hunting with I'd never stop making fun of him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Cult like... Wow.

When the NRA-ILA calls I'll tell them to bill Halliburton et al for the shitstorm of negative PR their "can't follow the most fundamental fucking rules" (with his $$$$$$ shotgun no less) VP bought hunters, gun owners and the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cult like... Wow.

When the NRA-ILA calls I'll tell them to bill Halliburton et al for the shitstorm of negative PR their "can't follow the most fundamental fucking rules" (with his $$$$$$$ shotgun no less) VP bought hunters, gun owners and the NRA.

Another holier-than-thou purist speaks out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:34:56 AM EDT
[#16]
You know something wrong happened when the faithful pull out decades old Kennedy comparisons (if your guy can get away with it our guy should also).
Obviously cheney was piss drunk. Why else wait 24 hours to report to the local authoritys (not the media punk. Stop with that spin. Aint no one talkin bout why he didn't report to the media. If there's nothing there why the double talk misinformation,get on top of the lie thang happenin?)  That said, it was private property so who cares bout licenses or B.A.C.?

Quoted:
He didn't release an official statement to the media fast enough.

He did immediately inform the local LE (more than Ted Kennedy did) and he did immediately inform the property owner (again more than Ted Kennedy did). He also told the property owner to make a public statement.

So the media is upset because THEY weren't specifically notified.

So who gives a fuck? Since when is that an obligation of the VP.

There was NO SECRECY on the part of the VP or the Administration, they immediately informed Law Enforcement and the victim was immediately given medical attention. A cover up of ANY KIND simply DOES NOT EXIST.

It is NOT like when Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo Kopechne and DIDN'T REPORT IT TO ANYONE for about 24 hours. It's NOT like when Bill Clinton got a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky and LIED ABOUT IT after he was caught. And it's NOT like when Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and is STILL COVERING IT UP.

Dick Cheney NEVER lied or attempted to cover ANYTHING up. He simply didn't make a timely statement to the media. And he is under NO OBLIGATION to do so.

I actually think it is hilarious that the media thinks they are due some kind of explanation. Let them contact the law enforcement agency and read the police report. That is ALL they are entitled to, nothing more is due to them.

Dick should have invited them to go hunting if they wanted anything more.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#17]
that presser where David Gregory of NBC news was going on and on was a joke!

That self absorbed a-hole (Gregory) was pissed because HE didn't get the scoop or one of his homo friends- and a small town local newspaper did.

The White House press corp has become a National embarrassment. Thanks a lot Helen Thomas. You have launched a legacy of total assholes
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bet you $5 they are already being printed as we write.

If you find someone selling those let us know.   I'll take a few.
That's gotta be one of the best phrases I've heard in a while.

HELL YA!

cgi.ebay.com/Hunt-w-Dick-Cheney-than-Ride-w-Kennedy-Bumper-Sticker_W0QQitemZ7744925195QQcategoryZ82506QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#19]
anybody who follows politics inside the beltway knows the white house press corps sees itself as the know-alls, end-alls ot the fifth column, i mean fourth estate. the pols in this city have permanent calluses on their knees from sucking their cocks and kissing their ass to get on their good side and to get themselves in print. for the last six years the vp has basically stonewalled them. his press office doesn't hold hourly bj sessions, they don't offer to wipe their saintly bottoms, they basically tell them "we don't answer to you, we answer to the american people so get fucked." this situation is the media's golden opportunity to really get back at him, they have their "smoking gun", quite literally, and there's no way under heaven's blue skies they're gonna pass up this opportunity to screw cheney.

you're already seeing that in the news through their carefully cut stories. cheney got that woman to come out and make the initial statement cuz she was RIGHT THERE and saw the whole fucking thing go down, she's also a veteran hunter, and she is the former head of the texas dept of wildliffe game management (something like that). she's not some fucking soccer mom who was passing by in her $80,000 suv on her way to starbucks to pick up her double decaf latte espresso with a spritz of foam! she gave the initial report that whittington, the guy who got shot, was outta position and forward of where he was supposed to be. this was repeated by the white house. now cheney comes out and says it was no ones fault but his own, he pulled the trigger. what the media, except fox, neglect to tell the sheeple is that cheney said IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WAS WHERE, IT WAS MY FAULT BECAUSE I WAS THE ONE WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER!!! what the media is telling everyone is that there's a disconnect in commo between the white house and the vp, the woman and the white house are telling a different story than the vp, "what's going on??? are they trying to cover something up???" it's utter media bullshit, disinformation, payback, and the sheeple are no doubt swallowing it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Gotta admit though - If Hanoi John had accidentally shot a hunter while "hunting" before last fall's election we'd be pretty hard on him.

Stop being rational and drink the Kool-aid like everybody else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if Hanoi John had ND while on personal time and DID report it to law enforcement promptly I wouldn't blame him for NOT notifying the media.

You know, I could give two craps about the lack of a news conference. The biggest beef I have with all this is that fact that the Secret Service refused to allow sheriff's deputies onto the ranch to investigate the matter, AFTER it was arranged for them to come down and interview everybody.

You guys can explain this away any way you like, but that is my biggest beef and it makes it look like something was not on the "up-and-up."
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:43:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Cult like... Wow.

When the NRA-ILA calls I'll tell them to bill Halliburton et al for the shitstorm of negative PR their "can't follow the most fundamental fucking rules" (with his $$$$$$ shotgun no less) VP bought hunters, gun owners and the NRA.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time, and believe me I get to listen to teenagers all day long come up with some idiotic nonsense.  You must be about that age.

If you know anything about the VP, that guy is one of us, a gun owner, and a friend of the 2nd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I actually think it was a good thing the way the media reacted. It showed their true colors to the people.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/nwwv0n.jpg

Very nice.

Did you design that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Meanwhile Iran continues to develop the technology to produce and deliver nuclear weapons....................
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This is exactly how I see this situation.  The media is mad because they weren't called when something happened, making their jobs easier worshipping the power of the Fourth Estate.  They don't have a leg to stand on besides the fact that they weren't called the minute it happened.  I'm sorry, but how pretentious can they get.  

Fixed it for ya.

I don't think it has anything to do with making their jobs easier, I think that they feel they are honestly entitled to some kind of mega ass-kissing from public officials.

Fourth Estatism run amok.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He should do a reconstruction demo. Have all the press stand by a stuffed quail while Cheney sprays them with birdshot napalm.

They only way I'm spraying anybody is if the Fox news babes are there.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#30]
On Fox last night, some idiot was comparing the hunting accident to Teddy's Chappaquiddick (sp).  He said it was the same.  Other than being drunk,  killing someone, leaving the scene for the accident, and not calling the police sure it the same.

I like the fact that the VP hunts and had a beer for lunch.  

Fuck the press.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
As I said earlier, Clinton had been shooting Monica in the face for months before we heard about it.  

LOL

and I don't think he ever release a press statement.

"I didn't have sex with that women.  (Pause)  Monica Leinski (sp)."
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Cult like... Wow.

When the NRA calls, you can tell them they reached the wrong number:  they wanted to call a gun-owning conservative.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You know something wrong happened when the faithful pull out decades old Kennedy comparisons (if your guy can get away with it our guy should also).
Obviously cheney was piss drunk.

I'd say it's more likely you are.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Meanwhile Iran continues to develop the technology to produce and deliver nuclear weapons....................

Get your priorities straight, man!

Obviously this non-story trumps:
What you mentioned
The Jihadis beheading people
Al Gore committing treason by telling a Saudi crowd that we were "dragging Muslims from their homes"
The Iraqi people freely electing their own government in what, 60 years or so.
and just about anything and everything else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Cult like... Wow.

The NRA only calls real gunowners, not people like you.

You are so predictable.  You are as bad as the dummycrats and the press.  No matter what the subject, you always side with the left.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Obviously cheney was piss drunk. Why else wait 24 hours to report to the local authoritys (not the media punk. Stop with that spin. Aint no one talkin bout why he didn't report to the media. If there's nothing there why the double talk misinformation,get on top of the lie thang happenin?)  That said, it was private property so who cares bout licenses or B.A.C.?

If you think the two situations are even remotely the same, you really aren't thinking, just regurgitating what your handlers are telling you.

Obviously??????????  Were you there????????  NO, you weren't.

They didn't wait 24 hours to notify the authorities, they waited 24 hours to notify the leftwing press.  Oh, to you, the leftwing press are the proper authorities.

It IS the media they delayed notifying, not the local authorities.  Little thing called facts, of which you seem to be devoid.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Now the press is mad because Cheney gave an interview to Fox News.

"No, you fucking pig!  You are supposed to allow us to thrash you for hours on end about the millions of people you murder every day with your evil Republican tactics!  How many Children did you kill with your bare hands today, Mr. Ill-legitamate Vice President who shouldn't even be in office?  How many endangerd animals have you viciously murdered for entertainment?  How many countries did you invade today, you Republican pig?  I wish you were dead.  Do you know how much the American people hate you?  Because I hate you, and I speak for the American people, because they are too stupid to think for themselves, so I have to do it for them.  How do you feel about being selected by a court, rather than being legally elected by the American People.  That Adam's Family/Lurch looking guy is REALLY the president.  How many trillions of dollars worth of food have you taken out of the mouths of children to fund illegal Halliburton projects so you can get kickbacks...................."

Media.....   Idiots.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure would, and I think Dick is responsible for not observing proper gun safety.

I was more referring to the criticism against amare32suns for poking fun at Cheney for mistaking a hunter for a quail, not the hissyfit the media's throwing over not being immediately notified.

Well at least Cheney didn't end up shooting HIMSELF while aiming at bags of rice!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well at least Cheney didn't end up shooting HIMSELF while aiming at bags of rice!
members.cox.net/themacallan/KerrySalute.jpg

Egads!  Every time I see that pic, I want to...................well, you know.

That asshole who came back and called everyone else over there "babykillers", the man who threw his medals over the White House fence, the man who met as a private citizen with NV leaders while still a commissioned officer and he gets up there and does that salute.  Fucking hypocrite.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Egads!  Every time I see that pic, I want to...................well, you know.

That asshole who came back and called everyone else over there "babykillers", the man who threw his medals over the White House fence, the man who met as a private citizen with NV leaders while still a commissioned officer and he gets up there and does that salute.  Fucking hypocrite.

Don't forget melingering.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you think the two situations are even remotely the same, you really aren't thinking, just regurgitating what your handlers are telling you.

They didn't wait 24 hours to notify the authorities, they waited 24 hours to notify the leftwing press.  Oh, to you, the leftwing press are the proper authorities.

It IS the media they delayed notifying, not the local authorities.  Little thing called facts, of which you seem to be devoid.

If I remember correctly, didn't the police find Teddy the next morning instead of Teddy finding the police?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
They're also up set that local law enforcement wasn't called in suggesting that he's hiding something ... but how does he hide it from the handful of Secret Service agents that were there and witnessed the whole thing?

Let me get this straight, are you suggesting that a Secret Service agent would actually turn in the guy he's supposed to be protecting?

With all the shenanigans Bill Clinton pulled while in office, they never turned HIM in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They're also up set that local law enforcement wasn't called in suggesting that he's hiding something ... but how does he hide it from the handful of Secret Service agents that were there and witnessed the whole thing?

Let me get this straight, are you suggesting that a Secret Service agent would actually turn in the guy he's supposed to be protecting?

With all the shenanigans Bill Clinton pulled while in office, they never turned HIM in.

Keep reaching.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I remember correctly, didn't the police find Teddy the next morning instead of Teddy finding the police?

Yep.  But hey, that is okay, he is one of them (the dummycrats), so he gets a pass.

Has he opened his mouth on this yet?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Gaaah, I could NOT believe the arrogance in the WH press corps when this news broke... I haven't seen petty jealously like that since high school.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  But hey, that is okay, he is one of them (the dummycrats), so he gets a pass.

Has he opened his mouth on this yet?

Probably because it's full of scotch.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am suggesting you are blowing smoke…

You have repeated lies and half-truths reported in the press without bother to check and see if any of it was correct… thrown together with stuff you just make up on the fly.

You don’t give a damn what the truth or what actually happen you just want to grind your axe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

LMFAO, when did I become a Republican "faithful"?

And he waited 24 hours to report it to the PUBLIC, not the authorities punk. Stop that spin yourself.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/topstories_story_046101609.html

Cheney To Break Silence On Shooting
cbs4denver.com, CO - Feb 15, 2006
... his fellow Republicans, Vice President Dick Cheney plans to ... GOP strategist Bay Buchanan said Cheney was under no ... He reported it to authorities immediately and ...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top