Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:00:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:08:35 PM EDT
I guess the only crime in St. Louis is loud music?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:12:55 PM EDT
You know it's bad when a guy from Kalifornia is shocked by draconian laws!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:18:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USAF_Hop_N_Pop:
You know it's bad when a guy from Kalifornia is shocked by draconian laws!

Think god its preatty much stays in KC and STL.

Springfield just has some stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:19:00 PM EDT
I saw this somewhere else a week or two ago, I think it's legit.

This section reads like an "Assault Stereo" ban.

SECTION FIVE. No person shall install, possess, or operate in any motor
2 vehicle in the City of St. Louis any radio, tape recorder, loud speaker, sound
3 amplifier, cassette or compact disc player, or other sound system or device in
4 which:
5 1. there is any speaker, which is external to the passenger compartment; a speaker
6 contained in an opened hatchback vehicle shall be considered "external" for
7 purposes of this section.; or
8 2. there is any speaker which is directed toward the outside of the vehicle, rather
9 than toward the passenger compartment; or
10 3. there is any speaker over 12 inches in diameter.; or
11 4. there are more than 10 speakers; or
12 5. there are more than 2 amplifiers; or
13 6. there is an amplifier with more than 300 watts of output; or
14 7. there is a separate box in the vehicle that is not installed as part of the compartment of the
15 vehicle and which is used solely for the speaker, sound amplifier, or other sound system or
16 device.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 3:26:05 PM EDT by RiffRandall]
Too bad the Mississippi & Missouri won't flood & flush St Loo away. Or maybe the rest of the state can cede it to Illinois since it acts like Baja Chicago.

<eta> I detest loud "look at me" car stereo idiots but wouldn't a disturbing the peace/noise pollution bust make more sense? Leave it to libtard commies to pass an "Assault Stereo" ban complete with JBT armed robbery of said vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:24:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 3:24:39 PM EDT by dsg2003gt]
stock mustang gt stereos are 460 or 500 watts....

If they tried to confiscate my car(mgt) there would be a problem.

ETA, I believe they have 3 amplifiers too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheSneak:

2 vehicle in the City of St. Louis any radio, tape recorder, loud speaker, sound
3 amplifier, cassette or compact disc player, or other sound system or device in
4 which:
5 1. there is any speaker, which is external to the passenger compartment; a speaker
8 2. there is any speaker which is directed toward the outside of the vehicle, rather
14 7. there is a separate box in the vehicle that is not installed as part of the compartment of the
15 vehicle and which is used solely for the speaker, sound amplifier, or other sound system or
16 device.

Wouldn't the blue section rule out add-on CD changers as well??

WTF????

Woody
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:28:38 PM EDT
The rest of the state needs to ban St. Louis.
And certain parts of KC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:29:47 PM EDT
Due process? Illegal search and SEIZURE? What are these strange concepts you speak of?

As long as the nanny state-ists are not annoyed.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:30:54 PM EDT
Tagged to foward
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:31:52 PM EDT
I can understand the reasons why, but the penalties are excessive, and limiting it at 10 speakers is nonsense when for all intent and purposes a car with 4 speakers and a sub-woofer can be equally annoying.

Can't they just equip patrol cars with sound level measuring equiment and issue tickets based on disturbing the peace?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:32:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:34:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WWoodworth:

4 which:
16 device.

WTF????

Woody

Yup. The real kicker is the 10 speaker thing. Just wait until someone (news reporter) publicly points out how many of the city councilpeople drive cars with "premium" sound systems that contain more than 10 speakers. Or, as pointed out above, stock stereos pushing more than 300 watts.

Personally, I can't wait for the new madrid fault to get frisky and flatten st louis.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:34:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WWoodworth:

4 which:
16 device.

WTF????

Woody

I think it's meant to catch drop-in subwoofer boxes, but the way it's written it could be applied to just about anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 3:36:34 PM EDT by LANCEMAN]
They should be able to make some good money at the auction when people can't/don't pay the fines and storage fees.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:35:29 PM EDT
There goes the local radio station van out the window!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT

4 which:
16 device.

sirens, external speakers, and pa systems for emergency use vehicles??

oh thats right, no laws actually apply to the state.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:40:46 PM EDT
Probably get struck down after a legal challenge
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:51:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:
Too bad the Mississippi & Missouri won't flood & flush St Loo away. Or maybe the rest of the state can cede it to Illinois since it acts like Baja Chicago.

<eta> I detest loud "look at me" car stereo idiots but wouldn't a disturbing the peace/noise pollution bust make more sense? Leave it to libtard commies to pass an "Assault Stereo" ban complete with JBT armed robbery of said vehicles.

Ok, we'll trade you if you take Chicago. I have been advocating giving Chicago to either Wisconsin or Indiana, but I don't think either of them are stupid enough to do it!

Our own POS govenor won't even live in the mansion here in Springfield. We pay for his expenses to live in Daley land. Guess he needs to be close to his master.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:59:31 PM EDT
your tax dollars at work

90% of the people i know that have subwoofers(myself included) don't drive around bumping them to piss off the neighbors - that stopped when i got out of highschool. a subwoofer makes an incredible difference by allowing you to hear a greater range of sound... it makes the music more enjoyable.

btw, i wonder how many car audio shops this bullshit law will put out of business...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:25:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BaNo:
The rest of the state needs to ban St. Louis.
And certain parts of KC.

amen and hallelujah

and i dont even live there anymore
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:27:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By P08:

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

Ok, we'll trade you if you take Chicago. I have been advocating giving Chicago to either Wisconsin or Indiana, but I don't think either of them are stupid enough to do it!

Our own POS govenor won't even live in the mansion here in Springfield. We pay for his expenses to live in Daley land. Guess he needs to be close to his master.

Fuck that! I hate St. Louis politics but you can keep that shithole in your state buddy!

On another note, we need to put that shit down. They might have a right to write a ticket for an offense but who in thier right mind wants to let city counsels make up property forfieture laws?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:28:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
Legal challenges are inevitable. In a sane world, the city of St. Louis will lose.

CJ

True, but not until after somebody has had a bone-stock Lexus siezed and sold out from under them. Ban legislators... for the children!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:37:16 PM EDT
Bout time!!! I hate bass cars and I hope that makes its way to Florida.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:38:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By charliehorse794:

F U
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:47 PM EDT
Word to the wise...
STAY OUT OF THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS
The burbs are fine but you couldn't pay me to head into the city.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:42:18 PM EDT

I HATE ASSAULT WEAPONS AND .50 CALIBER RIFLES. I HOPE THE KALIFORNIASTAN BAN MAKES IT TO THE REST OF THE STATES!!!!111

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:44:57 PM EDT
[size=2]Starearo: I bet you are one of those annying little assholes that drive around thinking that you are cool as you listen to your shit you call music as you car rattles down the road. By all means drive on down to Florida and I will personally rip you out of your car!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:46:16 PM EDT

[size=2]Starearo: I bet you are one of those annying little assholes that drive around thinking that you are cool as you listen to your shit you call music as you car rattles down the road. By all means drive on down to Florida and I will personally rip you out of your car!

Best to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:47:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 4:57:09 PM EDT by staraero]

what brand of arm chair do you use i need it to store my tactical cell phone in.

R U threating me i need tp 4 my bunghole.

Yeah I'm annoying and an asshole, but 6/6 380 pounds ain't little.

sorry had to add a few more 's

Oh also its not a car its a truck, my car isn't street legal.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:47:48 PM EDT

yeah, there's a lot of "chrome" on the streets around here too....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:59:07 PM EDT
Again this is another feel good law. They are banning car stereos vice penalizing the offender with loud music. The problem is not the radio, it's the listener.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:01:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:05:45 PM EDT
BOOM BOOM BOOM THUMPITY THUMP THUMP

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:00 PM EDT
I am in the St Louis area so I read about it locally.
The proposition got dropped because they found out that some cars came from the factory with stereo systems that would be in violation.
www.stltoday.com/stltoday/neighborhoods/stories.nsf/news/story/69563490C897672C86257100005D7FD6?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22stereos%22
(contents below)

Bill targets loud speakers in cars
Jim Merkel
Of the Suburban Journals
North Side Journal
01/25/2006

Police would have more tools to act against the owners of cars with speakers that spread noise through a neighborhood, under legislation now moving through the Board of Aldermen.

The Board of Aldermen's Public Safety Committee last week approved Bills 81 and 82, both of which deal with loudspeakers in motor vehicles. Both were introduced by Alderman Craig Schmid, D-20th Ward. The bills are scheduled for a vote on preliminary approval by the Board of Aldermen at the body's meeting Friday.

Schmid said the bills "deal with loud booming car stereos, which some have referred to as urban terrorism or auditory graffiti."

Bill 81 prohibits playing any device louder than necessary for convenient, normal hearing of the person or persons in the motor vehicle. It also contains a list of loud, illegal sound systems.

Bill 82 allows vehicles with illegal sound systems to be seized and impounded to be used for evidence. A city ordinance already allows seizures and impoundments for violations such as littering, dumping and solicitation for prostitution.

Speaking in favor of the legislation at the Public Safety Committee's meeting Jan. 19 was Tom Carroll, who installs sound systems in cars.

"The size of the speakers is excessive," Carroll said. "You have speakers that are entirely too large."

Capt. Thomas Magnan, commander of the 3rd District, also spoke in favor of Schmid's legislation at the Public Safety Committee meeting.

Last year, the 3rd District had 1,121 calls for noise complaints, Magnan said. Officers for the district have written a lot of summonses for loudspeakers from cars, he said.

With the legislation, "All our constituents will be a whole lot happier," said one Public Safety Committee member, Alderman Ken Ortmann, D-9th Ward.

"The time has come to do something about that loud noise," said another Public Safety Committee member, Alderman Freeman Bosley Sr., D-3rd Ward.

Among the items prohibited by Bill 81 are speakers external to the passenger compartment, speakers directed toward the outside of the vehicle, speakers over 12 inches in diameter, more than 10 speakers, more than two amplifiers and amplifiers with more than 300 watts of output.

Bill 81 also makes it easier for police to charge people who operate a radio, phonograph, loud speaker or other device for making sounds in a way that disturbs the residents of the neighborhood.

Under a bill now on the books, a resident must serve as a witness to such a violation between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. Under that law, after 11 p.m. and before 7 a.m., any device heard within more than 100 feet shall be evidence of a noise violation. Police officers can issue citations if they hear it without any witnesses.

Under changes in Schmid's legislation, nobody can play any sound device that's plainly audible outside, except by voluntary listeners who are present on property where the owner has given permission.

That change does not give any minimum distance or time period for prohibited noise. Residents would not have to serve as witnesses. If police hear it, they could write a ticket.

.....It would suit me just fine, I'd have voted for it in my town but then I am one of those people who doesn't like listening to 1000-watt ghetto music blasted at 2AM by a car driving by on the street outside my house. And I'm an equal-oportunity asshole: Harley riders with loud bikes need expensive ticketing too.

If your "personal style" involves annoying others, you can stick it sideways and spin.
~
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:18:26 PM EDT
Check out some of the car stereo competition web sites, there are guys that can take those rules and still make plenty of noise (100 watts, 2 12" woofers = 153db)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:24:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Floppy_833:
If your "personal style" involves annoying others, you can stick it sideways and spin.
~

Damn hope your range is closed or you annoy the local lib and get your gunz taken haha

Freedom means freedom
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
How the fuck are these morons going to enforce this?
How about a fucking noise ordinance.

Sounds the like the fucking Democraps and RINOs at work again...

Fucking asswipes are making this country into a communist shithole

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:52:34 PM EDT
This is why Orion made the HCCA amps and Adire made the 12" Brahma....

"No sir, that amp is rated at 50 wats.....At 4 ohms...."

Drop it to .5 ohm and you get like 1500 watts but hey....Whos counting.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:07 PM EDT
good , keep your THUMP THUMP THUMP rap music out of my 'hood!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

Will you say the same thing when your range is closed for disturbing the anti gun. Something bothers ever one, but deal with it because we know it makes someone happy.

Yeah i have a ghetto blasting system. But i like gunz
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By staraero:

Will you say the same thing when your range is closed for disturbing the anti gun. Something bothers ever one, but deal with it because we know it makes someone happy.

Sorry, have range protection act in place
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:00:26 PM EDT

F U

+1
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:01 PM EDT

So you don't have jack shit then. We got ever banger in the US for the system owners.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:13 PM EDT

So you don't have jack shit then. We got ever banger in the US for the system owners.

I don't have to put up with your thum thump thump shit in order to keep my guns. Get a constitutional amendment to your rap music.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cyclone:
Probably get struck down after a legal challenge

What he said.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:05:36 PM EDT
Even though those things annoy the shit out of me, that's a stupid law.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Even though those things annoy the shit out of me, that's a stupid law.

What she said.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:44 PM EDT
a guess. a law made to harass kids with loud stereos or perhaps to just harass kids. i mean cop pulls you over how is he gonna do the amp thing? call in the model number to his dispatcher?

the thumpy music thing is easy to deal with.. just make enough money to live in a neighborhood to keeps that kind of crap under control. you think they have that stuff in gated communities in florida old folks villages? naw...

is a silly law..

a group of worse laws is the ones in kalifornia wherein they visually inspect your car for illegal smog stuff and then impound your car even if it passess smog tests.. its those kind of laws i dont wanna see around me....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LoginName:
I can understand the reasons why, but the penalties are excessive, and limiting it at 10 speakers is nonsense when for all intent and purposes a car with 4 speakers and a sub-woofer can be equally annoying.

Can't they just equip patrol cars with sound level measuring equiment and issue tickets based on disturbing the peace?

The chose 10 rounds speakers cause higher capacity quantity can be made to sound "unnecessary", and they can fell validated cause 10 is a two digit number.

No Expert
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top