Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 2:53:22 PM EDT
Well my doc just switched me from Zocor to a more expensive cholesterol medication. And the costs are killing me as I don't have any kind of health insurance at all. I'm self employed and can't afford it locally.

So I'm gonna have to go with some Canadian company or something. I really don't wanna play "Here's my credit card" roulette with a foreign company though. Anyone have a good one they are currently using with satisfactory results?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from some palces in US some is cheaper, some is not
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried lowering your cholesterol through diet and exercise?

My father had very high level four years ago and with modified diet and exercise he managed to get it cut by 50% in about a year.  I had elevated level but within the normal range and in past 9 months I managed to lower the number by 30% by doing same.  

You do realize cholesterol medications can damage you liver?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you tried lowering your cholesterol through diet and exercise?

My father had very high level four years ago and with modified diet and exercise he managed to get it cut by 50% in about a year.  I had elevated level but within the normal range and in past 9 months I managed to lower the number by 30% by doing same.  

You do realize cholesterol medications can damage you liver?

Yeah. I did that for a year and moved my numbers about 10 points.

And the cholesterol posed a greater risk to me than the meds.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
IM imbound SteyrAUG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy from www.onlinecanadianpharmacy.com. There prices used to be better but are still better than what I'd pay here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any way to get it shipped in from Thailand?  Prices there are something like 20%-30% of U.S. prices on a lot of meds.  They don't have everything, though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is there any way to get it shipped in from Thailand?  Prices there are something like 20%-30% of U.S. prices on a lot of meds.  They don't have everything, though.

Only with great scrutiny.  Packages from Thailand are routinely opened by US customs, as it is a common source of recreational drug shipments.

It is possible to legally import drugs from another country, but they'll need to be brand name FDA approved drugs, and the Thai pharmacy will need to include a copy of your US prescription with the shipment.

Thailand medication prices are a LOT lower than their US counterparts, sometimes by as much as 90% if you are willing to use generics (but then again, you won't be able to legally ship the generics to you).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used these guys for several years and had good luck.

www.doctorsolve.com/

You still need to shop around in the US. Some drugs are cheaper at CostCo, so in that case you might just want to buy in the US.

For instance, I was able to get a 90-day supply of Vytorin at CostCo for the same price that DoctorSolve wants in Canada.

Note I had one shipment seized by US Customs in Seattle. The sent me a letter saying they were holding the drugs for 5 days and then mailing them back to Canada. The Canadian pharmacy just sent them back to me and they got through the second time. US Customs appears to catch 5% or so, and they always send them back to the source.

I would probably avoid buying drugs in Asia. Too much risk.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Just so you guys know....

Three are three post offices in the country that handle international mail.  Chicago, JFK (NY), and Miami.  I work at the one in Chicago.

We have customs officers in the building.  So long as your package doesn't contain an illegal drug, they are allowing it through.  It might be delayed while the FDA checks it out, or something, but it will probably not be seized.  They've pretty much been told to leave the prescription drugs alone.  We get TONS of it, too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
There may be a different classification for mail originating from Canada.

Open the IMM link below.
pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immc7_001.html

Search for 711.62 U.S. Customs Service Locations

My shipment of Lipitor was seized by US Customs at the Seattle entry point mentioned in the IMM above.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I spent about a year, getting my celebrex (fuggen EXPENSIVE!!!) from www.canadapharmacy.com/  and never had any problems at all.

Of course, I'm only one person, but they impressed me as very professional and reliable, not to mention a HELL of a lot less expensive.   My prescription would've run about 360 US Dollars a month...  I think I paid about $140 US delivered.  Saved ME a good chunk of change on something my shitbag insurance refused to cover.  They sell most any meds, except narcotics, so they'll probably have what you need.

It was pretty simple too.  I just had to fax my prescription to them, along with my proof of ID, and used my credit card to pay.   Not a single problem.  

The actual "pharmacy" is in the US.... I think it was Washington state, if I remember right, but the drugs are manufactured in Canada and shipped over.  They were the exact same thing.  They even send the original bottle with the manufacturer's label on it.  They have doctors on staff that review your prescription before it's approved as well, which suprised me.  Seemed to give them a little more credibility, at least in my opinion.

I'd honestly recommend them to anyone, seeing as I had a pretty good experience with them.

Hope maybe that'll help you some  

John
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I think Canadian law is such that a Canadian doctor has to review the order and take a short medical history before signing off on the RX. DoctorSolve and the other two Canadian pharmacies I used also required that I speak to their doctor on staff. If you ask me, it's more a bowl of rice situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top