Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 11:55:09 AM EDT
She had a website and everything and was selling crap on ebay.

She got sometjhing like 60,000 into debt and was basically begging for cash about 3 years ago.

She even went on Fox news to plug the website.

Anyone remember? I wonder if the website is still there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that she did get sufficient donations to pay her bills and taxes and then gave the website to someone else who she determined was in the same situation as she was before she started it.  

Passing it on was actually kind of a noble thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My sister had an idea for a 'business' based on the same logic.  She asked me to build her website for her.  I haven't gotten around to it.  She claims there are so many people out there that just like to offer a helping hand that she thought a website where people can go and find people who need help with their debt - select them [like pet rescue does] and start helping that she has a moral obligation to facilitate it [for a fee of course].

Patty
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
She was touched by his Noodly Appendage
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, that ain't a half bad idear.

She freely admits that she racked up the debt on foolishness. I wonder if I gould find 5,000 gun nuts out there to take pity on me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]

In 20 short weeks, my website received over two million hits and my all my debt was paid off.

$20,000 in 20 weeks.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
She was touched by his Noodly Appendage

http://www.venganza.org/him2.jpg  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

In 20 short weeks, my website received over two million hits and my all my debt was paid off.

$20,000 in 20 weeks.....

Do it hon,  I'm way ahead of you on the down-payment money.  You need to catch up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if I went apeshit on some NFA stuff if I could just start a website and get people I don't know to send me money.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Or you could just BS the whole thing, then splurge on whatever you wanted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wonder if I went apeshit on some NFA stuff if I could just start a website and get people I don't know to send me money.

I will donate if i can shoot some of them
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
She wrote a book and probably made even more money that way.

The sad thing is she accumulated all that debt by indulging in too many "Prada pumps and lattes."

I still remember that from a couple years ago when I read about it in Cosmo.  I thought, how shameless can you fucking get?  

But hey, it's not like she's forcing anyone into it, so I'd on the other hand say it's a pretty smart move, if you have no shame.

What I wonder about is that Save Tobey dude who threatened to kill his rabbit if people didn't donate enough to whatever cause he had.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She had a website and everything and was selling crap on ebay.

She got sometjhing like 60,000 into debt and was basically begging for cash about 3 years ago.

She even went on Fox news to plug the website.

Anyone remember? I wonder if the website is still there.

It's amazing how many idiots there are in the world, that would send that woman money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone see the story on the college guy that sold pixel space and made a million within a few months?  Brilliant.

http://milliondollarhomepage.com/

Also seems like someone isn't happy over his success.  The site was hacked and down for a few days.  

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/01/13/ddos_attack_cited_in_million_dollar_homepage_outage.html

Lois
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of the Pixel Site, there is one tho help a disabled fisherman make his dream come true.

I think its www.fishingpixels.com/

So if you guys can Spare a bit and maybe help them out that would be cool, not for prada shoes though.

10 cents a pixel. Maybe we could get an ARFCom logo on his site or something.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You know, that ain't a half bad idear.

She freely admits that she racked up the debt on foolishness. I wonder if I gould find 5,000 gun nuts out there to take pity on me.

It would be pretty easy to get us to pity you

Getting us to help, now that's a different story
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top