Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Different strokes, different folks but your figure there means the gun is too big for you.

Can you explain this, I'm curious.  He has his weak side finger up in front of the trigger guard, that's what you're referring to, right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dang, I'm not carrying ANYTHING that the safety drops by just "brushing it"

no offense, but I don't want anything decocking in my pants.

*damn that just don't sound right*

how about go back to carrying a 1911 if you can't shoot for crap in double action.

An ambi safety 1911 can do the same thing if you're carrying one and get in and out of an automobile. Any ambi safety gun probably can. I fail to see how the hell a USP can goto fire mode or decock when in a proper holster. A 1911 safety works almost the same exact way a USP does. You push down on the safety and it's ready to fire. If you wanna put your thumb on the safety like a 1911, get the variant 9 detent plate. Otherwise keep your thumb below the safety.

Besides,  you don't EVER have to shoot a USP in double action if you don't want to. Just keep it cocked and locked. WTF is so hard about that people???????????????????

A match trigger is much better than the stock USP trigger too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too big.

Might as well carry a small rifle if you're going to carry that thing.

right.   I own 2 USPs, TAC and FS .40.  IMHO, both are too big for daily carry, however until I find a good deal on a Mass Legal full size 1911 that Im comfy with, I carry my .40, decocked.  I just practice that way.  alot.

I always laugh when I hear this. A 1911 is bigger and heavier than a fullsize USP if I remember correctly. The 1911 is just slightly thinner, but holds less rounds (single stack vs double stack).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top