Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 4:36:04 PM EDT
I'm looking for any AR-15 friendly rifle ranges in Southeast PA.  The only one I know of is in French Creek State Park, and you're limited to 3 rounds per mag there.  Is anybody aware of any other ranges?  Thanks!

Andy
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
MedicAJ,
Sounds like you are in the Reading area. About 13 miles to the West, off of Rt #422 is The Lebanon Valley Gun Club. Yearly membership is required. If you want to go as my guest to try it out, maybe we can hook up.
Where do you run EMS?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I live in Prospect Park, which is between Philly and Chester right off I-95.  French Creek is about a 50 minute drive for me.  I work for a few Hospital-Based Paramedic Units in Delaware County.

Andy
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Andy - Classic Pistol in Southhampton, is indoors (so its a short range) but they allow everything up to, and including 308.  You might also try the public range in Wilmington, Delaware (Ommalanden) down on Rt.13.  The range is a little longer, and the range time is cheap ($4/hr last time I was there)
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot at Classic Pistol all the time ( as much as work allows). Here is their web site to check them out and get directions:
[url]http://www.classicpistol.com/[/url]

Here's web address for 2 other ranges in the area:
[url]http://www.geocities.com/haugh58/ATGLENSPORTS.html[/url]

[url]http://www.sunsethillrange.com/main.html[/url]

Do a search for ranges in PA on the NRA website here:
[url]http://www.nrahq.org/shooting/shootingrange/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind driving a little further West...
There is Mt.Penn, Exeter, and Ontelauntee...
3 different places within 6-12 miles of French Creek.

In Exeter, there is "University Gun Club"...
Pretty big place, goes out to 300 yards...
Summarized rules:
NO FULL AUTO / Behave & use common sense. This is where ALL the local cops shoot.
Membership is $75 yr. + $30 initiation fee.

In Mt.Penn, there is "Daniel Boone Rod & Gun Club"...
Pretty small place, secluded, private, 25,50 & 100 yards.
Only rule: BYOB[:)] NO FULL AUTO + use common sense and manners...
Bumpfiring is not a good idea here.
Membership is $15 Yr. + $10 initiation fee.

In Ontelauntee, there is a place to just "RAISE HELL".(Friends have been going here for years & never a problem)
Pretty much anything goes...
Just don't kill anyone.
Full Auto / Bumpfire / Whatever...
It's nothing more than an abandoned quarry in the middle of a bunch of land.
Probably about 85-100 yards across.
Bring anything you can "carry".
No vehicle access, about a 10 minute walk from your vehicle...Through grass,trails & woods. Pretty secluded.

If your interested in any of these places, drop me an E-mail...

[email protected]

Me & a few buddies usually go shooting 3-4 times a month...
Mostly at Daniel Boone, and sometimes Ontelautee. Never shot at University, but checked it out 2-weeks ago...REAL nice.      

.....ART
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know of a full auto range near Harrisburg?

CHEF
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]
MedicAJ, you have mail.  I'm the guy that bought the .357 sig barrel from you on HKPRO. I still haven't recieved it. Please check your email and email me back.
thanks
idaho-ar15, at hkpro i'm idaho-hk
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top