Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:01:02 AM EDT
anyone have some?
How do you like them?
thinking the square wire 2.0 with spring hinge they fit my face and look good in sunglass form.

I wear half jackets and LOVE them, but I need a pair of glasses to wear when i dont have my contacts in.
My medical insurance just kicked in this month so i can finally go get an eye exam and new prescription.. its been 3 years.  I am on my last pair of contacts too lol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently got square wires with VR28 glasses. The guys here were right- the VR28 is amazing versatile! It enhances contrast and is wearable from sunny to rainy light conditions. I even wore them in an indoor range without target ID problems.

My optician recommended reducing the prescribed correction a little bit because you wear the Rx Oakleys a lot closer to your eye than normal glasses. Still, my experience has been weird: with the Oakleys, flat surfaces on the ground seem a lot "rounder" than they are. Only when I view directly through a very small area in the center of the glasses, I don't get that effect. How/if optically untrue the glass is, I can't say. I have considered writing Oakley USA, but I am not sure if it is just me who is bothered by this. Anybody else got this weird problem?
With -3.5 nearsightness, maybe I am on the edge of what is doable in a curved lense without distortions. I may go back to contact lenses & nonprescription Oakleys, where I never experienced this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, thanks for the reply.. im -3.5R and -3.75L  I wonder if the different lens shapes make big difference.. square wires seem to be pretty straight forward
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
btt for day crew.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I would also like to hear people's opinions of these sunglasses with prescription lenses.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had three pairs of Prescription Oakley's.  Best money I've ever spent on my eyes, period.  They do take some getting used to though.  Get 'em, you won't be disappointed.

~Dg84

ETA:  I've had the best luck with the fives 2.0 or whatever they're called.  My latest pair is from the wire line.  I can't remember which one it is at this time.  Although they look great the nose pieces are to small and don't disperse the weight of the glasses enough for my taste.  So, pay attention to that when you're trying them on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else notice Oakley registered 'UNOBTAINIUM' as a material name?  

Those fuckholes.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Those fuckholes.  

ucantbeserium
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anyone have some?
How do you like them?
thinking the square wire 2.0 with spring hinge they fit my face and look good in sunglass form.

I wear half jackets and LOVE them, but I need a pair of glasses to wear when i dont have my contacts in.
My medical insurance just kicked in this month so i can finally go get an eye exam and new prescription.. its been 3 years.  I am on my last pair of contacts too lol.

I love mine, they go great with a beard.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
They are awesome.

I have both my regular glasses (Hollopoint 4.0's) and sunglasses (Juliets) in Rx.

Expensive but worth it.

SG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

With -3.5 nearsightness, maybe I am on the edge of what is doable in a curved lense without distortions. I may go back to contact lenses & nonprescription Oakleys, where I never experienced this.

You are actually past  the edge of what's doable in any fairly curved lens by a bit.

I experience some of that in my Juliets, but it does go away after a bit, as explained to me by both Oakley and my Optometrist who is Okaley certified...mine is more due to the curve of the lens and my astigmatism causing the optical center of the lens to be off. Does it on any glass, but the flatter, the better.

In fact, there are certain ranges of Rx for certain lenses/styles that Oakley simply will not do...varies from style to style.

SG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Those fuckholes.  

Yeah. Registering a proprietary material by name that you spent your own r&d money on makes you a fuckhole.

Sure it's just a polymer/rubber, but it's a mixture unique to their products.

No different than any other business registering a trademarked product or material...like DuPont registering Corian, which is simply a type of synthetic polymer used for countertops. I could cite about a hundred other examples.

Some folks on this site simply don't have enough to bitch about.

SG

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those fuckholes.  

Yeah. Registering a proprietary material by name that you spent your own r&d money on makes you a fuckhole.

Sure it's just a polymer/rubber, but it's a mixture unique to their products.

No different than any other business registering a trademarked product or material...like DuPont registering Corian, which is simply a type of synthetic polymer used for countertops. I could cite about a hundred other examples.

Some folks on this site simply don't have enough to bitch about.

SG

however 'unobtanium' was in use as a fictional name before oakley claimed it

that's what the beef is with their trademark.

Millions of people weren't using 'corian' in their conversations before dupont registered that trademark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top