Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:55:06 PM EDT

Dear JustinOK34,

Upon completion of the background investigation concerning your application for a Self Defense Act License (OK's Concealed Carry License), it has been determined that you are eligible for the license. Your license has been mailed to your sheriff's office. Please contact that office as to when you may pick up your license. If you have any questions please contact the OSBI at xxx-xxxx.

Thank You,

Oklahoma Self Defense Act-Licensing Unit

(only took 3 months from when I mailed everything in)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:21:54 PM EDT
Went to the Sheriff's office and picked it up this afternoon. Ahhh, where should I carry first? Wally world???

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:23:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:
Went to the Sheriff's office and picked it up this afternoon. Ahhh, where should I carry first? Wally world???

Dont carry at wallyworld,you might give in to temptation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
All i got when I got mine was a phonecall, come and get it
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:51 PM EDT
Dont carry at wallyworld,you might give in to temptation.

That's funny.... I think because of the element of truth behind it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
Congrats! Ain't it a shame that someone has to judge you eligible to exercise your Constitutional rights?

Woody
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:38:27 PM EDT
Congrats, though I wish you're processing was quicker. New Hampshire took me 1 day, and that was just because they mailed it to me instead of me picking it up at the police station. When I lived in Mass it was a painfully long wait and a course that was completely useless.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT
When I was in Alaska we didn't even need a permit (as long as we were outside city limits).

I think last year or so they said you don't need a permit within city limits either!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:45:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WWoodworth:
Congrats! Ain't it a shame that someone has to judge you eligible to exercise your Constitutional rights?

Woody

+1
Top Top