Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:04 PM EDT
On Valentines day, no less.  My father in law is at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu right now in ICU.  He has been sick for the past few days.  I get a call around 1545 hrs from Honolulu from my sister in law asking me to send my wife home because the situation looks bad.   According to the doctors, he has gall bladder infection that spread and shut down his kidneys and effected his liver.  He is undergoing a massive IV treatment with antibiotics and treatment for dehydration.  He is most likely going in to surgery soon.  My father in law is a great man, retired Army Captain and a few tours of Vietnam with a Purple Heart.  

So I'm sending my wife out early morning 2/15 from Las Vegas to Honolulu to be with her family.  Unfortunately, I can't go.  I just started a new job and I have a few clients I need to get their loans processed and closed. I have all her leave of absence packets filled out and all the bills that need to be paid, the checks are written.  God forbid I try to pay some of the bills.

I simply ask for your prayers for a speedy recovery.

God Bless.

ETA: My father in laws name is James L. Carr.  I just want to add that since my wife is LDS and called the temple for a prayer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers on the way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
prayers offered.  Please keep us posted with his progress.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
One prayer ... check.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm praying for him.  Hope all turns for the best!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Done

Best of luck to you all, in a very trying time.

Take care,

John
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent.  May your father in law get well soon.  May all of your family be well, happy, and at peace.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#8]
prayers sent
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Done
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Wife arrived in HI around 4 p.m.  Went straight to Tripler.  Still touch and go.  He is responding to the IV drip and is more responsive.  It's great that my brother's ex is doing her nursing internship there.  So at least someone on staff can tell us what's going on.  They don't know if he will be going to surgery or not.  It all depends on the next seval hours/days.  If things start looking up, then they will move him out of ICU and into a more private room.  Thanks for the prayers so far.  My wife is doing fine, but is really tired.  She's relieved that she got there.  My father in law, the old grumpy tough guy was kinda upset that my wife showed up just because my father in law thinks it's not a big deal and he can tough it out.  I know on the inside he was happy she came.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
You've got a great family that rallies behind each other.  More prayers offered.  Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]

prayers sent
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent! Hoping a speedy recovery comes his way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, he got into a semi private room.  Is eating solids and is able to walk around.  Most of the stuff stuck in him (needles, IV's, and breathing tube thingy) are out.  I say a few more days of observation and he's back home.......I am so relieved.

ETA forgot to add happy face
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]
45calmike: I wish your FIL a speedy recovery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top