Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 3:41:08 PM EDT
This is a repost:

posted 08-10-2001 10:46 AM                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Folks,
I am brand new to posting at this forum but have watched it for sometime now so here goes, I am not directing this post to just NY Hunters but especially NY Hunters. Please if you are concerned with protecting our rights make a call to the NY DEC and say NO to this. Also if this post offends you, I did not mean to and please just ignore it. I have included the link to this story and have followed this story for a while now. I have created a online petition and plan to be very active in the upcoming town meeting regarding this. The online petition is location at
[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/SayNo1/petition.html[/url]

Basicly this lady lives in a very rich area along the Canandaigua Lake in the Finger Lakes Of NY and does not want anybody hunting in Legal Waters and current Legal distance around her house, Back when this started she Harrassed the hunter and they both had each other arrested. He was legaly hunting ducks off shore and she got mad because she feed them on a regular basis. He was arrested for a claim of shooting before sunrise and she was arrested under NY's Hunter Harrassment Laws for banging pots and pans to scare the ducks away. They both went to court and both cases were respectfully dismissed. She has now come up with a new plan of attack on Local Law and try to create a Ordinance rather than fight at the State Level where it would be much tougher for her to win. We need to protect our rights. We have enough laws already on the books in all states and need NO more infringing rights on hunters. Please make the attempt to sign the petition, call or write if you care. The Region 8 DEC phone number is 716-226-2466 and the gentlemen that I talked to was caring and will be involved in this, he is a Wildlife Manager. His E-mail address is

[email protected]

He explained that he has been well aware of the situation. As we were talking he even mentioned that he would send some information to me on a new State Land piece that I want to hunt, which proves to me this man is on our side.

It will only take a minute to sign the petition, fire off a e-mail but it may prevent years of addtional laws that do nothing except infringe on our rights. Also be advised that she has a petition off 500 signatures. It would be nice if the Wildlife Manager Mr.Odell had 500 signature from a petition and/or e-mails he could take to the meetings with him to negate her effect and show that hunters care. It would prove a point if hunters from all over this great country signed the petition and sent a e-mail and listed where they were from.

Here is the story,
[url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=2191245&BRD=1886&PAG=461&dept_id=113706&rfi=6[/url]

Again Thanks for all of your time felow hunters and be reminded that if I offended any person with this post I did not mean to.

Edited because Duh, I forget to include URL's...
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks DNRA, the petition doesn't ask for State though .

So far everything is worknig 100% on the door, I just have to see if she comes through with the other 50% .

I am sure she will.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummmm, NO!!!!

I'am with the old lady.  [;)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
C'mon folks,  we usually swamp polls.

I just signed, and I am only #71  
we should have a couple of hundred by now.

Ed

(edited because spell check sux)
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Fish & Game should fine the old lady for feeding the wildlife. Against Federal law, plus makes a breeding ground for disease.

In Colorado, our hunting areas are being plowed over for houses.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]

===============
PETITION
72. XXXXXXXX
Comments  
It sounds like a private interest ordinance to me
The existing state laws & regs. are adequate  
===============

I can't call, but sent the guy an e-mail:

[blue]This is incredible.  Doesn't state law preempt local authority on fish & game?

If this passes, we will soon see a developing patchwork of disimilar ordinances in this vein.  Before we know it, wildlife management will become more difficult.  

Concentrations of semi-domesticated wildlife are themselves a problem,  making it more likely for disease to spread from one bird/mammal to another within their own species.

People who go putting food out for wildlife or failing to secure their garbage should be cited.  It sounds like this woman has created a baited area, which diverts waterfowl from natural feeding areas.  This in itself disturbs nature - if anyone else did this, would they not get fined or jailed?

Finally, haven't waterfowl feeding on lawns, golf courses, parks, ponds, etc. created public health & other problems elsewhere?.  (Sorry, getting a little off the wildlife managment topic)

Thanks for listening and for whatever help you can give.
[/blue]
============
NEWSPAPER STORY:

You can add to the commentary at the newspaper's web site.

Be warned, though, other readers can then click on your name and send you an e-mail (it asks you for your address) I think I made a typo when I put my address in, though.  I'll see if it shows up.  Out of 23 comments at 10:52 pm EST, most were in opposition to Ms. Cassie

Hielo, you've been around a while, and yes, you have posted some wild stuff, but I congratulate you for being one to take some action.

I doubt if many of us will be offended.
The woman created her own problem.  If she quit feeding them, they'd go where the natural food is and so would the hunters.

If each one of us invests just an hour or two a week (write one or two letters, create one petition & post about it, send off a few e-mails)on gun rights, stopping anti-hunting measures, or whatever your favorite cause is,  together we can make a big difference.

[size=4][red]PRK[/size=4][/red]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Done - #75
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Done [%(]

Maybe it's about time to have an open season on PETA!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Done hielo, thanks for the heads up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top