Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:28:45 PM EDT by The_Macallan]
IF the guy shot by Cheney dies - the VP will be investigated and possibly charged with manslaughter (or face civil lawsuits by surviving family).

No matter what, if the guy dies Cheney will be very possibly looking at YEARS of legal problems, not to mention the stress on his own weak heart because of it all.

If that's the case and Cheney may need to step down - who to replace him?

It's GOT to be Condi Rice if she has ANY inkling of running for President in 08. Wow, talk about a coup-de-grace (pun intended) that would be.

She would instantly break the mystical color AND gender barrier to the Vice-President office AND have two years to build up her reputation and prestige for running against The Beast in 08 - Not to mention showing once and for all how hypocritical the Democrats and "Black Leaders" of this country are because they would now have to run AGAINST the first black, female incumbent Vice President whom they've already called a "house-ni***r" but still try to CONvince the American public that the Dems are for women and minorities.

Interesting times for sure....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:33:52 PM EDT by raven]
Condi. And the beauty of that is that she, who's never run for anything, wouldn't have to go through the election ordeal. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in the least being the veep or having to take over if something happened to Dubya.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:30:05 PM EDT
Wayne LaPierre.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:30:07 PM EDT
Considering her stance on the 2nd Amendment, I'm game.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:31:13 PM EDT
Ted Nugent
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:31:46 PM EDT
theres only one choice ----- CHUCK NORRIS
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:31:57 PM EDT
Gerald Ford.

Tanned, rested, and ready.

just kidding, Condi of course.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:33:03 PM EDT
It's amazing that we're talking of Cheney stepping down over an unfortunate accident. While I like Condi very much, the thought of a female VP is repulsive to me. What progress, our women running the country...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:33:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
IF the guy shot by Cheney dies - the VP will be investigated and possibly charged with manslaughter (or face civil lawsuits by surviving family).

No matter what, if the guy dies Cheney will be very possibly looking at YEARS of legal problems, not to mention the stress on his own weak heart because of it all.

If that's the case and Cheney may need to step down - who to replace him?

It's GOT to be Condi Rice if she has ANY inkling of running for President in 08. Wow, talk about a coup-de-grace (pun intended) that would be.

She would instantly break the mystical color AND gender barrier to the Vice-President office AND have two years to build up her reputation and prestige for running against The Beast in 08 - Not to mention showing once and for all how hypocritical the Democrats and "Black Leaders" of this country are because they would now have to run AGAINST the first black, female incumbent Vice President whom they've already called a "house-ni***r" but still try to CONvince the American public that the Dems are for women and minorities.

Interesting times for sure....

Holy crap, it sounds like a movie plot!! I'm not sure if any woman can be elected to the office let alone a black woman but this is very interesting.

Can you imagine the moonbat conspiracy theories?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:34:11 PM EDT
Cheney isn't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:35:44 PM EDT by raven]

Originally Posted By ipschoser1:
It's amazing that we're talking of Cheney stepping down over an unfortunate accident. While I like Condi very much, the thought of a female VP is repulsive to me. What progress, our women running the country...

I'll take a hardcore woman like Condi or Thatcher over a POS like Al Gore or John Kerry or Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter any day of the week!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:35:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:
Wayne LaPierre.

Huzzah!!! Political whores!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:35:40 PM EDT
Condi. Fuggin 'A. I believe a senate confirmation is all that is required to seat her, yes?

My Oh My, what an interesting exhibit that would be! Let's all see where the votes fall. It'd make a supreme court confirmation look like a spinster bridge party.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:35:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:36:04 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
al gore

he knows the job and he is un-employed
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:36:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:
Ted Nugent

+1 Although I pray for him to be gov of mich. I have longed for it many years now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:36:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:

I'll take a hardcore woman like Condi or Thatcher over a POS like Al Gore or John Kerry or Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter any day of the week!

Me too. I just think it's a sad state of affairs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:37:05 PM EDT
Condi!

IMO, Condi would've been a hell of a choice for VP last round. And a hell of a choice in 08.

Pro-2nd Amendment, a real scholar (tell Kerry to shove his C average and faux intellectionalism up his ass), plus having to listen to a woman would infuriate those bastards in the Arab world to no end.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:37:36 PM EDT
Jack Bauer! Time to take off the kid gloves!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:38:33 PM EDT

Barefoot and pregnant, that's what I say...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
The old dude shot by Cheney is THE Republican fund raiser in Texas. There will be no lawsuit and I can see no realistic chance of a Manslaughter charge being filed. It's a hunting accident, plain and simple. Unless there's a nutso political DA (in TEXAS??) trying to make points with the Demoncrats, Legal is a done deal..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:40:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

Ted Nugent

+1 Although I pray for him to be gov of mich. I have longed for it many years now.

I would move to the state if that happened.

Open carry class III anyone? (just kidding)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:44:42 PM EDT by TheHappyBlaster]

Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
The old dude shot by Cheney is THE Republican fund raiser in Texas. There will be no lawsuit and I can see no realistic chance of a Manslaughter charge being filed. It's a hunting accident, plain and simple. Unless there's a nutso political DA (in TEXAS??) trying to make points with the Demoncrats, Legal is a done deal..

Ask Tom Delay about that one. He'll give you the 411...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:44:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Silesius:

Plenty o'slip twixt the cup and lip.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:46:22 PM EDT
I like VP Cheney alot and wish him no harm. With that being said, the nomination of Rice to VP in the next year or so would turn politics inside out in this country and I would love every minute of it I almost wish sometimes Cheney would retire for some reason and let somebody else (like Condi) take over to help things in '08.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:47:10 PM EDT

the thought of a female VP is repulsive to me.

And the thought of you actually being a voter repulses me.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:48:15 PM EDT

the thought of a female VP is repulsive to me.

And the thought of you actually being a voter repulses me.

+1
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:48:29 PM EDT

Plenty o'slip twixt the cup and lip.

Cheney is the man.

Don't expect the scandal du jour trumped up by the Democrats to be his undoing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:59:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:

Yup!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:12 PM EDT

Ted Nugent

YEAH BABY!

Deadly Tedly Von Nugentburger!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

Ted Nugent

He's a Texican now bitch!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:09:18 PM EDT

+1 and I still do not understand ARFCOM's facination with Ms Rice. I like her and all, but would not consider voting for her for President.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:09:21 PM EDT
condi would be the natural choice, as most of the other 08 candidates probably want to get far from W, after the 06 elections that is.

And original poster is right, if the victim dies, Cheney will have to resign. There is very little that can be done about that. Sherriff will be mandated to open a grand jury into the incident, yada yada.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT by Spade]

I still do not understand ARFCOM's facination with Ms Rice. I like her and all, but would not consider voting for her for President.

You know, the funny thing is, give Condi pants and a dick and 99% here would be screaming to have her dragged into the White House and made dictator for life.

Guys, if women scare you that much, Saudi's got slots open.

Pro 2nd Amendment, PhD, Conservative, years of policy experience? WTF's the problem?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:56:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:57:24 PM EDT by chapperjoe]

Originally Posted By Spade:

I still do not understand ARFCOM's facination with Ms Rice. I like her and all, but would not consider voting for her for President.

You know, the funny thing is, give Condi pants and a dick and 99% here would be screaming to have her dragged into the White House and made dictator for life.

Guys, if women scare you that much, Saudi's got slots open.

Pro 2nd Amendment, PhD, Conservative, years of policy experience? WTF's the problem?

you kidding me. She's right on abortion, guns, G-d, marraige, taxes, national security....

Is it cause she's black or cause she's a woman.

Got news for you, if it's not her it's gonna be another woman. a white one. From Arkansas.

ETA: and forgot the Phd part too, thanks for the reminder. She's smarter than ANYONE else in this town. AND can probably kick your ass!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:04:09 PM EDT
regardless of the criminal or legal stand point -- it would be a brillant ploy for the GOP to replace Cheney with an able, electable candidate and have Bush resign before the end of his term. That way the new VP is the incumbent.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
Miss Rice

I'd hope.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:09:05 PM EDT
Right, the vice pres being charged, convicted, and serving any sentence would be to day hell freezes over.
Top Top