Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:30 PM EDT
And I'm lovin' it!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:14 PM EDT
you know why i like Bodie? because he dont give a crap what you think
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:22 PM EDT
If that were all it took to be admirable, then we'd be hurting. Bode Miller just makes the US look like idiots who can't control their mouths and respect the serious of the competition.
He enjoys the spotlight, and doesn't give a damn if the games are overshadowed. If that's worthy of respect, then there are dozens of NBA players who should also be personal heroes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:17:19 PM EDT by captainpooby]

Originally Posted By Fast_Jimmy:
If that were all it took to be admirable, then we'd be hurting. Bode Miller just makes the US look like idiots who can't control their mouths and respect the serious of the competition.
He enjoys the spotlight, and doesn't give a damn if the games are overshadowed. If that's worthy of respect, then there are dozens of NBA players who should also be personal heroes.

Well said. He has no class.

From a previous thread:

I have competed at the world level twice on the Canadian Skydiving Team. When you are selected to represent your country it's a honor that many aspire to and few achieve. It's not to be taken lightly, so lightly that you dont do everything in your power to win or at least show your absolute best.

Bode Miller looked like he couldnt give a shit and he never even showed up to walk the course. His effort was half assed, disrespecting the people back home who helped put him there, USAC, his sponsors, his coaches, his teammates, the other Olympic athletes, the taxpayers who paid his way, and last but certainly not the least, his fans. If that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

If I was in charge, he'd be sent home.

Top Top