Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:58:42 PM EDT
Ok thats it they wanted war they got it.
Since the neighbor moved in a about 9 months ago I have started seeing cats in my yard and hunting birds at the bird feeder. Well today I caught one trying to catch the goldfish in the garden pond. Now I have some big fish in there some will weigh in at 3pounds each plus some small ones. They are pets.
Before they built 4 houses here in the last year I would have used the .22 and just smoked the varmit, but the wife is friends with cat owner and the crowding thats not a option.
So I have taken to carrying the airsoft 1911 wannabe around the yard. You should see the little buggers move after a shot in the ass hehehehehe.
One of the new neighbors about fell over when he saw me do a quick draw and nail one in the bushes in front of the house.
I went over and talked with him and he started laughing his ass off, seams when he saw me draw he thought I pulled a "real gun" I let him shoot the toy and I learned that the cats are tearing up the landscaping at his place. He thinks that this non lethal method is a good Idea.

CATS will be sore
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Remain covert. The antis will come after you for having fun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Pellet rifle, mini-mag light attachment, night hunting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a problem with dog running wild in my back yard. Pumped up the old Crossman pistol about 8 times and shot it in the ass. Never saw that dog in my yard again!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remain covert.

Damn right.  You could be looking at a 'cruelty to animals' charge any day now.

TRG

Probably so.   Better to just <...deleted...> and none will be the wiser!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll go to jail for animal cruelty, meanwhile the poor animals are running around and some day will accidentally lap up some antifreeze spilled on someone's driveway and die.

You'll be held responsible since instead of an autopsy, everyone will assume the poor things died of shock after being assaulted by your airsoft.

I'd cease and desist the shooting, lest your other neighbor flip on you.

concertina wire around the post of the birdfeeder might work as a deterrent... but be sure not to leave your catchbasin of antifreeze out in the open. It would be somewhat reckless to do so now that you know cats are unable to resist that sweet aroma. It isn't a pleasant death, either.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
cayenne pepper   Make your yard a place that stuff tastes really bad.

I would but the dog gets into it.
I did stop the dog from messing around the bird feeders when I spread ground Habenero peppers to piss off the squirrels.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
As a cat owner who has an outside cat, I don't have a problem with this.  Anything that actually injurs or kills the cat I do have a problem with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Rent-A-Rott
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
As you move in and around your home hunting cats just be aware of the following 5 s's:
1) Shape
2) Shine
3) Shilouette
4) Shadow
5) Sound

Observe these rules and your cahnce of discovery will be slim to none.
Good luck, and remember, should you or any of your hunting party be caught or killed the secretary will disavow all knowlege of your actions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As a cat owner who has an outside cat, I don't have a problem with this.  Anything that actually injurs or kills the cat I do have a problem with.

I hope you don't allow your cat to freely roam and tear up the yards, birds, fish, etc. of your neighbors.  I'd live trap them and take them all to the pound the first time. The second time I wouldn't be so nice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Geez, just put out some cat repellent. It smell of citrus, and cats don't like it.

I put some out and the neighbours cat walked up to me the next day and yelled at me, but he stayed out of my back yard.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Round two
This a fluid situation and I may have trouble posting caught the same damn cat trying for the fish again. One shot from the airsoft from about 50ft got him in the center of the chest just below the neck (wish was from the 1911 series 70)  I may need back up on this can someone call the uber tactical airsoft kid.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
AIRSOFT WONT do permanant damage

have fun!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#16]
A simple solution of sulphur sprayed (or simply sprinkle the powder) around the areas you don't want them in will deter most animals from walking through it.

It will also get rid of most of your ants and cockroaches if they are a nuisance.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't think it was legal to let your pets run loose, they pound always picks up any cats or dogs that are loose. I have a problem with two cats now crapping on my back porch, I'm going to live trap em and send em to the pound
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Do waht I do. Trap them and haul them off to the deep woods.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I agree.

I spray the neighbors cats with the hose when they come around into my girl's territory. My neighborhood is small and I know who owns what, anything that doesnt belong to anyone risks a super colibri.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Do waht I do. Trap them and haul them off to the deep woods.

There's nothing like a good relocation program!!

Got a new cat around the hood.   The urine they spray on my mirror-polished Alcoa aluminum rims is very acidic and destructive.  

Cats won't drink anti-freeze.  I didn't do it on purpose, but there is an open tray of it from my last hose and t-stat change mid summer.  I thought it would evaporate, but no luck there.  Is there some tuna flavored antifreeze on the market????  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

I spray the neighbors cats with the hose when they come around into my girl's territory. My neighborhood is small and I know who owns what, anything that doesnt belong to anyone risks a super colibri.

Behold, the Super Colibri:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
well I just called animal control, my county has a leash law and they told me to trap them and if I call them before noon they will come out that day and pick them up, so I'm off to buy a live trap
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you don't allow your cat to freely roam and tear up the yards, birds, fish, etc. of your neighbors.  I'd live trap them and take them all to the pound the first time. The second time I wouldn't be so nice.

Tear up yards?  Come on.  Skunks, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers...ect tear up yards more than cats do.  Do you have a policy of exterminating every living thing that enters your back yard?  As for birds, cats have been kept outdoors for millions of years and there are still birds...I fail to see what your point is.  Sure they might be expert hunters but I do not see any shortage of any type of birds.  There are more than enough "bird lovers" with feeders to easily let the bird population over produce.  Tell me something do I have the right to destroy your precious birds because they are crapping all over my property?  No, I have to deal with it.  So get off your high horse of your love for killing peoples pets and deal with ALL the animals in your neighborhood just like everyone else does.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tear up yards?  Come on.  Skunks, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers...ect tear up yards more than cats do.  Do you have a policy of exterminating every living thing that enters your back yard?  As for birds, cats have been kept outdoors for millions of years and there are still birds...I fail to see what your point is.  Sure they might be expert hunters but I do not see any shortage of any type of birds.  There are more than enough "bird lovers" with feeders to easily let the bird population over produce.  Tell me something do I have the right to destroy your precious birds because they are crapping all over my property?  No, I have to deal with it.  So get off your high horse of your love for killing peoples pets and deal with ALL the animals in your neighborhood just like everyone else does.

I think he wants to watch bords in the feeder(birds will stop coming if the cat hangs around) and im sure he has some funds tied up in his pond..I Love my cats but they stay indoors most the time I have asked all of my neighbors to let me know if my cat causes any problems of any sort and the most of the time would turn into all of the time..Its called concideration and responsibility
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't me with the cat problem and I didn't say anything about killing someone's cat.  You just seem indifferent to a cat causing damage to someone else's property.  Since you probably consider your cat a "family member" you should control it like you would your children.  I don't let my dog crap in the neighbor's yard and I don't expect my neighbors to let their animals roam in mine.  Fair enough?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Just keep the cats indoors. MUCH healthier for the cats, problem solved. Too easy for most folk. I've got 6 cats, and they don't want to go outside. 2 were raised from kittens indoors, and for sure they'd not know what to do outside except cringe. The others, they must remember being cold, hungry and sick.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Free ranging cats are biological and environmental pests and should be elminated wherever and whenever possible.  Contact a local animal shelter and see if they will not provide you with a live trap and then take whatever you catch.

Killing them is a bad idea.  You may think that you are gaining the uper hand by popping them with non-lethal weapons, but you are only going to get your tit in a wringer.  You think you are getting away with this, but people will notice and some day in the future you could end up getting a huge officially-sanctioned phark over by the cops for "dangerous activities."

Catch and dispose as quickly as possible.  Eventually, you will get one of your neighbor's favorites and they will be forced to act.

People who let their cats run free are not the most selfish and ignorant people out there, but they are high on the list.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Free ranging cats are biological and environmental pests and should be elminated wherever and whenever possible.  Contact a local animal shelter and see if they will not provide you with a live trap and then take whatever you catch.animal control told me to trap them

Killing them is a bad idea. they told me if I can't catch them that I could pop 'em You may think that you are gaining the uper hand by popping them with non-lethal weapons, but you are only going to get your tit in a wringer.yep  You think you are getting away with this, but people will notice and some day in the future you could end up getting a huge officially-sanctioned phark over by the cops for "dangerous activities."

Catch and dispose as quickly as possible.  Eventually, you will get one of your neighbor's favorites and they will be forced to act.my neighbors did

People who let their cats run free are not the most selfish and ignorant people out there, but they are high on the list.yes they are and they are breaking the law

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Not to be a dick.
I own and love two cats. They live indoors.  If one was an outdoor cat and caused you problems, I hope you would be a mature adult and have a face to face talk with the owner.  That would do it for me.  If my cat continued to be a problem, we would work on a solution together, or my cat would not go out without supervison.  
But I believe in being responsible for my actions and the actions of those who are responsible to me.
(Airsoft works indoors for me too!)

Free ranging cats are biological and environmental pests and should be elminated wherever and whenever possible.

You have never lived in a place teeming with rats, like, oh, overseas have you?
In Africa the strays who lived were indespensible in dealing with the vermen during the dark hours...  Its about balance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#31]
livetrap well hidden,baited with cheap sardines,attach long para cord to trap so you will not lose a good trap in the pond,steam or river.
As stated before,Cruelty to animal = $$$$ in fines.not to mention the stigma of being labled a "pet killer."LOL
A cat is a predator....If one scratches my wife's car or is seen lurking in the backyard near the bird feeder.It's off to Davey's Locker.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I might come out sounding harsh, but if I had property, and I didn't wish someone elese pet to be on it, then what happens to their pet, when the let it go loose, is their responsibility, not mine.  If it got run over in my front yard because it decided to run under my tires, would that be my fault?  I don't think so.  Would I feel bad, maybe.  Still doesn't change the fact that if they wanted to make sure their pets didn't get hurt, they should keep them indoors.  I keep my two 95 LB dogs inside, because I don't want anything to happen to them because of their playfullness, curiosity and general friendlieness (they are playful, but could come across differently if you don't know them).  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Panzer loves cats  

edited to add, I like cats and we had one that dies a couple of years ago that was 16
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Princess loves Panzers.

ETA: you cant see the red heart ID tag and jingley bell on the collar or the lack of claws.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#35]
$1 on Panzer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top