BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11344998/

Doctors: Penis enlargement surgery no help
Most men dissatisfied with procedure, researchers say
Reuters
Updated: 10:43 a.m. ET Feb. 14, 2006

LONDON - Thanks to the incessant spam, it’s become the most hyped of all operations but researchers said on Tuesday that most men who have had penis enlargement surgery are not satisfied with the results.

“For patients with psychological concern about the size of the penis -- particularly if it is normal size -- there is little point in offering them surgery because it makes no difference,” said Nim Christopher, a urologist at St Peter’s Andrology Center in London.

Christopher and his colleagues, who questioned 42 men who had the surgery, found the dissatisfaction rate was very high. Often the men requested another surgical procedure.

“The average increase in length is 1.3 cm (0.5 inches) which isn’t very much and the dissatisfaction rate was in excess of 70 percent,” said Christopher.

He added that spam e-mails advertising penis enlargement surgery were inaccurate and gave men unrealistic expectations.

Rather than having surgery, he and his colleagues, who reported the findings in the journal of European Urology, said the men should be referred for psychological counseling.

“We now know that the majority of these patients are dissatisfied after these procedures. Research should be directed toward non-surgical options,” said Yoram Vardi, of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, Israel, in an editorial in the journal.
Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Researchers also say that men in the tiny-penis control group got much more satisfaction from driving their Mustangs
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
People who respond to spam deserve to have their wee wee mutilated and be miserable.  The reason everyone gets penis enlargement spam is because people like that pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am sooo glad that I have outgrown (no pun intended) any concerns that I may have had as an adolescent, about the size of my schlong.

Breast enlargement is one thing, but for a man to be so concerned about his manhood that he puts it under the knife..... he probably does need psychological counseling.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]

No honey. It REALLY is 12 inches.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Another medical breakthrough that comes up woefully short.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Only half an inch? Geez no wonder they are upset.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
That's odd... I was quite happy with my enlargement surgery.  So was the wife.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yeah if you are small half inch ain't going to help.

Plus the ladies like the width more than length.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
length and width here
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]

“We now know that the majority of these patients are dissatisfied after these procedures. Research should be directed toward non-surgical options,” said Yoram Vardi

I'm guessing that "non-surgical options" = therapy
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah if you are small half inch ain't going to help.

Plus the ladies like the width more than length.

+1

I can't touch the bottom of a tuna can, but I can sure mess up the sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top