Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:26:09 AM EDT
I got arrested 7 years ago for riding a wheelie on a motorcycle.  It was stupid, late at night, no one else on road, I was not endangering anybody but myself.  I thought, considering the circumstances, I was never lippy, that being arrested for that was a bit much.  I plead not guilty to the reckless driving, kept moving court dates, etc. etc and they finally dismissed it.  Lets hear your arrested stories.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Nope, and I've never even been close.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Never spent a minute in jail, other than touring the police station's holding area with my son's Cub Scout pack.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Which time?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow!  What an outstanding group of guys!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope..............never been caught.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Which time?

+1

ZERO convictions, though. The big one was that I Got busted for armed robbery. Released upon going through the lineup. I was about 17. The actual perp was in his late 30s.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#9]
As a 16 year old juvenile I was riding in a car with 4 other people, we were all drinking beer,smoking cigarettes and riding around. Got pulled over for a missing tag light. We all took a ride, got thrown in a cell for effect and they just called our parents to come get us. I did get a free baloney sandwich and a carton of milk out of the deal though  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope.

Never even close.

Not to say I never did anything arrestable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As a 16 year old juvenile I was riding in a car with 4 other people, we were all drinking beer,smoking cigarettes and riding around. Got pulled over for a missing tag light. We all took a ride, got thrown in a cell for effect and they just called our parents to come get us. I did get a free baloney sandwich and a carton of milk out of the deal though  

Rewarding damn punk kids!

That's just GREAT!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope, not yet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah a couple of times, maybe 3 times. Not in the last 15 years or so.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I sort of was.  I forgot to pay a fine so the cop came to pick me up.  It said in the paper I was arrested but I never saw the inside of a cell, never had my rights read, never handcuffed, never booked.  The cop picked me up, drove me to the courthouse to pay the jugde for my ticket, and then drove me home.  I don't know how THAT is getting arrested but I guess I was.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Who me?  

All I can say is thank God for expungement proceedings....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Not much, ummmmm,  lets see; Possession of a stolen motorcycle, possession of two stolen snowmobiles and trailer, possession marijuana, possession mushrooms, drinking in a public park,domestic violence,DUI, leaving scene of accident, and a ticket for riding "double" on my sting-ray. Does that qualify? And I still have an FOI.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yeah a couple of times, maybe 3 times. Not in the last 15 years or so.

Damn....me too....exactly.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not much, ummmmm,  lets see; Possession of a stolen motorcycle, possession of two stolen snowmobiles and trailer, possession marijuana, possession mushrooms, drinking in a public park,domestic violence,DUI, leaving scene of accident, and a ticket for riding "double" on my sting-ray. Does that qualify? And I still have an FOI.

Bullshit.

Illinois doesn't issue a FOID to anyone convicted of domestic abuse.
If you have one, and were really convicted of it, you are currently breaking the law.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Who said anything about convictions? Lets just say my attorney enjoys his vacations.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I was "placed under arrest" for street racing once my freshman year in college...funny thing is I was on my way back to the dorms from racing at the track, asked my roommate in the car if I should race this guy and he said no so I didn't race.  I had a Camaro with strait pips at the time.  The other guy in a trans am gunned it and took off.  I accelerated normally, turned at the next light to my parking garage accross the street from the dorm and then the Campus cop pulled out and pulled me over.  Wouldn't believe me that I wasn’t racing and gave me the ticket and said he was placing me under arrest...I was like WTF...so I pretended to cry.  He said that he had the choice of taking me to jail or letting me go and since I was cooperative he would let me go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#23]
No
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Nope.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#25]

When I was younger (and stupider), I got away both times I ran from the police (once in a car, once on foot)

Both were over 20 years ago, and in different countries (one in Denmark and one in Holland)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

If you have one, and were really convicted of it, you are currently breaking the law.

An indictment is not a conviction!

Never been arrested. Not that I haven't done some stupid shit, just never been caught. Nothing that was WRONG, just illegal stuff.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I was arrested for simple posession (MJ) and 2 counts CCW on school property when I was 18....What a dumb ass I was.....(I was one of these wanna be dope dealers, cuz that was cool, I guess)....luckily, the solicitor took it easy on me and put me through Pretrial Intervention, everything was expunged from my record, and I straightened out my life. Now Iii'm working on starting a career in Law Enforcement...boy I was dumb when I was younger...I've learned a lot in the past 6 years (24 now)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#28]
nope
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Only on Valentines day
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Arrested for street racing, spent the weekend in lockup due to computer crash. Charges dropped because it was not me racing. However, when there is over a hundred streetbikes on an airport perimeter road at 3:00 am. Somebody is going to jail just for spite.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Only on Valentines day

Hey there...what happens with hand cuffs behind closed doors is not really being arrested!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#32]
If I told you I'd have to kill you
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I got arrested once........for littering.

I had to sit on the bench over there marked "Group W"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#34]
In the process of a harmless college prank, our friendly constable happened along and decided I needed to be taken to the pokey.

I wasn't arrested, but they put me in the cell for a little while to make sure I remembered the event properly.

So, no, never been arrested

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Forgot about a ticket once and got picked up on a bench warrant.   I wasnt there very long, the highway patrolman let me use his cell phone on the way to jail and a buddy of mine was there waiting for us with cash.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

"I told them I was arrested for littering"..........and they all moved away..............
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Only on Valentines day

that's a reality for me.
Got:
Arrested
Kicked out of school
a DUI

all on Valentine's day. All different years. And those are the only times I got in major trouble. Luckily it was mostly as a minor and they took it easy on me. They all sucked and are mistakes I don't plan on making again
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I take the 5th.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

That must have been rough, sitting next to all those mother rapers and father rapers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Spent 3 days in jail in Qatar once and spent another night in jail on another occasion....in Qatar too.
Been arrested here in the UK on a couple of occasions but they were all over 20 years ago.

All part of growing up
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Got a ticket in my driveway for the bumper overhanging sidewalk. Ignored it until they waited for me to leave one day.Cop pulled me over and said: " I'm pulling you over for ummm um over the centerline and by the way you have an unpaid ticket". Towed the car and cuffed me.
My local PD had TWO AD's inside the station the month before so I let them have it.
Something like: " hey do you guys know what you're doing with those guns? I don't feel safe".
They walked around all hangdog then got sick of it and stuffed me in some small room.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Twice - once about 20 years ago, and then again about 2 years ago.

Both times the police rolled up finding me with my gun out trying to shoot some asshole.  And, each time, I get the "draw down felony stop" treatment, kissed the pavement, and got Cuffed&Stuffed.  Both times while sitting in the back of the police car I told the cops why I was trying to shoot the asshole, and then the asshole tells his side of the story.  Both times the police then pulled me out of the car, uncuffed me, gave me back my gun and ammo on the spot, then Cuffed&Stuffed the asshole.  The look on the assholes' faces were truly priceless.

The first time I was delivering newspapers at night putting myself through college.  The asshole claimed I was someone he knew who was trying to attack him and steal his car, so he decided to chase me through the streets and force me off the road like a bad Dukes of Hazzard rerun.  I'm not sure how he arrived at this conclusion from me merely driving my truck down his street without stopping.  I told the cops if he knew me then ask him what my name is or how we met.  He had no answers, but I had a truck full of newspapers, a route sheet with all my subscriber's names and addresses, and the cops had seen me drive down the same streets at the same time delivering newspapers every night for the past few months.  I went free and the asshole went to jail for Vehicular Assault.

The second time was a juvenile who tried to break into my car in front of my house in broad daylight.  I saw the three of them from my living room and they ran so gave chase in my truck.  After running one down on the street, he turned and ran up into someone's yard, I got out of my truck, and then came running back out into the street with something in his hands.  I think he figured he'd use this tool to beat this old man who was chasing him.  That's when I drew down on this high school punk.  He stopped in his tracks, dropped the prybar, and literally pissed his pants while I made him kiss the pavement.  That's when the cops rolled up.  After a short conversation they uncuffed me, cuffed the kid, drove over onto the next block to arrest his two friends and took them all to jail.

A few weeks later I get a letter from the City Attorney's office demanding I appear for a hearing.  The punk's parents were trying to file ADW charges against me, and the CA hadn't decided yet..  In the hearing the kids parents told this whopper of a story about how their darling child was just walking down the street when Psycho Gun Man (me) came after these innocent children with a pistol.  I told about seeing this group of kids - who were truant from school and had no business hanging around my neighborhood because they didn't live there and knew no one on my block - try and force the driver's side door open on my car.  Then I told about giving chase and the kid turning on me with his prybar.  I also brought two witnesses along who saw these same kids try and get into 4 or 5 other cars on the block, and one of the witnesses identified the kid I caught as the same one who vandalized his motorhome the year before.

Getting my story out was extremely difficult due to this punk's mother constantly trying to shout me down.  The CA had to keep telling her to shut up.  After I was done, the CA turned to me and said "You may go now.  Thank you for coming."  I left and the kids parents stayed and got reamed out.  No charges were ever filed against me.  Later I heard from a neighbor who knows this kid's family that they were threatening to sue me.  I said "Tell them to go ahead and sue me.  I'll counter sue, and if that City Attorney's hearing was any indication, I'll end up owning their house.  I'm going to like having the extra income property."  They never filed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#43]
yeah, 2 times for Minor w/ BAC

One time they were nice and let me go with a citation.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I was threatened with being arrested once in my life about 20 years ago.
I was riding a motorcycle in Seaside Heights, NJ on a Friday night, just cruzing by myself.
It was a Yamaha 400cc bike with just enough HP to make for a fun bike to learn on and not much more. There were a bunch of guys on street bike crotch rockets riding wheelies all over the place and doing other stupid tricks with their bikes...I just minded my business and kept cruising through the strip.

A few blocks later, two police cars come up on me and pull me over.
They order me off the bike and start harassing me about why I was riding wheelies all over the place. I told them it wasnt me. I was on a motorcycle....steel, no plastic and fancy racing stuff...just a plain old bike...like the kind Fonzie had in happy days...not these new plastic race looking things...there is no possible way to mistake the bike I had vs the ones that were doing the stunts. This one cop looks me straight in the face and calls me a liar and says he watched me doing wheelies and followed me to this point. He said he was going to give me tickets for a whole bunch of things to teach me a lesson. I looked him straight in the eyes and asked him why he was doing this to me when he knew damn well it wasnt me who was riding wheelies and what not. He responded that if I didnt want the ticket he would gladly impound the bike, arrest me, and I could sit in jail until Monday morning when the Judge came in. I was young, I felt threatened, and I knew I wasnt going to win this battle so I told him to just give the tickets and I would deal with it.

If that seaside cop posts here.....FUCK YOU SCUMBAG! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE BADGE YOU WEAR YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Even after all these years, I am still angry as fuck that this piece of shit would get off on a power trip by intimidating a 17 year old kid, and all this for some bullshit charge that probably was for no other purpose than revenue producing traffic violations...because thats what shoretowns in NJ do.

Other than that....no run ins with the law.

ETA - I also tried to explain to the cop that it was physically impossible for this bike to do a wheelie...not enough HP when my weight and the weight of the bike were factored in. It simply wasnt possible....obviously this didnt matter to the prick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#45]
None. *knocks on wood*

I keep myself out of trouble.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I was arrested during 2nd period at high school once. for stealing 10k worth of band equipment and pawning it at Portland Pawn shops

Felony charges. settled under the table. 6 mos probation. expunged record.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#47]
yes, no convictions
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Nope.

Ever see that HBO special with the fruitcake prison inmate and his "salad-tossing" buddies?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup! 11 years ago, I gave a guy a knuckle sammich. I'd do it again too. He was a man in his 30s and decided to manhandle my 6th grade daughter, a polite kid who's never been in trouble and a straight A student. I had been called by the school's office that my daughter had been in an altercation with her net teacher and that she was very upset and that I should come pick her up. When I got to the office, my daughter wasn't there, they told me she was in her classroom waiting for me. So, my wife signed her our and I went over to her classroom to take her home. My "victim" was a school teacher, and he manhandled her in front of me, twisting her arm. He was a new teacher, one of those ultra-authoritarian types and I was pulling her out of class, he decided I had no right to take her out of class and that she had no right to leave, so, he grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back and told us she won't be leaving class until class was over. So, I popped him in the kisser. I was never handcuffed by police, they dropped by my house, asked me my story and left. a month later, I got a letter in the mail from the DA's office ordering me to go to court on the matter, I also was served a summons for a restraining order.

He got a restraining order against me as he sniveled in court that he was "afraid" of me. He actually cried in court, the fuckin' pussy.

In the criminal proceedings, the matter was plea bargained to "Assault on a school employee", one of the few violent misdemeanors that is not a 10 hit against owning firearms. it cost me 110 dollars restitution and community service and 3 years informal probation. No biggie, money well spent. The community service was wandering around one of the county parks, picking up trash, pulling weeds and watching people catch fish and getting a sun-tan. A few years later, I was driving along and a cop was following me, I was obeying all traffic laws, but the red lights came on, when he walked up on me, he told me he had run my plates and said I had a warrant for violation of probation, they had not entered my payment of restitition properly and a bench warrant was issued. So, I got handcuffed and taken to jail. I went before the court the next day, the judge said information in my case was pretty messed up, but if I plead guilty, he'd sentence me to time served and order my release forthwith. I did that, and, he ordered that the terms of my probation were fullfilled and credit time served and ordered my release. On the jail bus frm court to the jail, I sat still shackled down, no biggie, I knew I'd be out in a matter of hours. We got to jail for a final nuts and butts check, I was stuck in th drunk tank with the doors open and waited, a bit later, they yelled out my name, I gave 'em back their orange inmate sit and got my civvies back and walked out.

And with all that, if I had to do this all over again, I would have STILL cracked that asshat in the mouth. The teacher, was fired a few years later after charges of battery on multiple students had been filed against him. Stupid asses, the school district should have listened to us when I pulled my kid out of class.

Yeah, I've been arrested, damned proud of it too. I caught a misdemeanor pop for doing the right thing. Even if I did have to do time for punching that shithead, I sould have sat in my cell with pride for having done the right thing when the system failed. I knew who I was and the difference between me and the other shitbird inmates for that one night, no big deal, fuck with my kid and I'll dot your eyes. The guy's lucky I didn't do more to him. Had I been a man with some bucks, I probably would have sued the school district. But I'm not.

Was I arrested before that? Yup! Age 16: Charge: Vandalism. I traced my name in small leters on the wet cement on the new sidewalk in front of my driveway. A cop drove by whilst I was doing it. Got handcuffed, stuck in a jail cell and waited for my mom to get me out of the clink. No conviction. Again, Age 18: Charge, Battery. I kicked the crap out of a guy who had raped a friend of mine earlier that year. plea bargain of "Disturbing the peace". Again at 21: Charge, battery. I knocked on the skull of a Mall Ninja that was trying to scam some ass off my wife. He didn't know I was her husband and I was watching him get pushy with her and ignoring "NO" repeatedly. So, I "helped explain it to him". A near by city cop had observed me cracking the mall ninja in the mellon, by the time the cop got there, I was choking the mall ninja out, I heard FREEZE! POLICE! So, I froze! Disposition: Arrested by police, spent one hour in jail and cited out. plea bargain: Disturbing the peace and ordered not to go to the mall anymore. BTW, Mall Ninja's can't fight and when you take their batons from them and toss 'em, they are even less brave. What can I say? I've got a pair. It's sad that it seems against the law to have a dick and balls and the fortitude to back that up. I've never hit anyone that I didn't believe deserved hitting and it takes what I call "extreme circumstances" to get me to crack you one. But hey, I'm a heterosexual male, part white, part beaner, red blooded, with a sense of right and wrong that differs from what the law says is right and wrong. I guess that makes me a criminal.

Some may say "The Wiz" has a pattern of violence. They may be on to something. Don't fuck with my family or those that I consider family and you're in good shape. Also, I might be prone to writing my name on wet cement. ETA: That's the beaner in me..

-Wizard "The Criminal" of ahs...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

When did he say he was convicted?

No I have not been arrested.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top