Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
In 2000, when i was fresh out of the army, i stopped an assualt in progress in the downtown section of my hometown.   2 teenagers were beatin up a homeless vet (really beatin the hell out of him) and i stepped in and suggested they leave (while holding a tire iron)

Apparently they ran straight to the cop shop and told them that they had been reading books outside the library (i swear im not making this up) and some "physco" "drawed down" on em with a "chromed out snubby"

Result, the cops pulled me out of a coffee house, took my keys and ransacked my surbaban, they found:
1 boot knife (count 1: carrying a conceled illeagle knife)
1 airsoft L85A1 (count 2: possesion of an illeagel assualt machine gun---this was later dropped when i pointed out it shot tiny plastic pellets)
1 30 round ar15 mag (which was left over from my army days, and dissapered when i got my stuff back)
And 1 glock 23, dissasembeled and in a pistol case, apparently to the cops in my town, a glock 23 looks like a "chromed out snubby"

So on top of that i was charged with carrying a conceled firearm, brandishing a firearm, and 2 counts of felonius assualt with a firearm.

The procedings took over a year, during which i developed an ulcer,  when they issued the warrant for my arrest it came in the mail.     I called the police station about turning myself in and was told they only accepted turn ins from 9am to 4pm.  I asked the woman, so you mean i can;'t turn myself in right now, but if i get pulled over i will be arrested as trying to flee on a warrant?    Her anwser was, YES.

So i turned myself in the next morning,   after looking at my jacket the cops were cool as hell with me, and told me good luck cause the detective was trying to turn everything into a case cause he was bucking for his next rank.

I got released on 5000 pr, and was not allowed to leave the state or anything.

It finally came down to a trial and i plead it to brandishing a firearm (even though i never brandished a gun) because in my county i would have been convicted of all the charges, because the people assume that only criminals carry guns.  (they slam everyone who is charged with a gun related offense)

I had to pay a 300$ fine, and as of last month i am up to have my record expunged, but im trying to find the money right now.

wow, that actually took longer to type than i thought it would.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Arrested as in booked into jail?  Nope.

I have had a speeding ticket and a red light ticket though.

BTW:  Where i work reckless driving is not a bookable offense so you would not have been arrested here either.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top