Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 8:59:53 AM EDT
Everything is what you spin it to be!

The anti's are screaming and trying to spin this in their favor saying things such as: "See guns are dangerous and evil.  Ban guns" "Bush increased gun crime as soon as he got elected (even though their AW ban was still in effect)".

So are the Republican's going to use this to help gun owners?  How can a gun accident help?  Cheney can start speaking out that "Accidents can happen to anyone.  The only way to reduce accidents is through training."  He can then go on to push to make gun safety/hunter safety training a national priority.  Instead of ending up with more people afraid of guns because of this "negative" issue the whole thing needs to be spun around and used to push to make gun safety training more common.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck no. They're trying to make this blow over ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Fuck no. They're trying to make this blow over ASAP.

Which is exactly what they should go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually I think they might use it to show people not to load birdshot
for HD.

It can't even bring down an old lawyer for pete's sakes.

Repeat after me....

Birdshot for birds...Buckshot for badguys.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Birdshot for birds...Buckshot for badguysbucks......Slugs for Thugs

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Birdshot for birds...Buckshot for badguysbucks......Slugs for Thugs

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to see mandatory gun safety taught in the public schools, with real guns, and hands on learning...like when I was a kid.

Kids today are taught to run and hide if they see something that looks remotely like a gun.
When I was a kid, the local police came in and did a demo of the weapons they used, how they were different, how they worked, how to check them to see if they are loaded, and basic safety / operation. That was a long time ago, but I wish it was still like that. Scaring kids it the wrong approach to anything...understanding is the key to everything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing good will or can come of this accident.  I am just glad that the guy was not hurt worse than he was.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know. Cheney is a fucking idiot now in my eyes. Had respect for him but once someone ,anyone screws up and accidently shoots someone.......he deserves everything bad that could happen.
Ya know,I'm a right wing conservative that loves my country,the Constitution and my firearms,voted for Bush twice and wouldn't change it if I could. BUT DAMMIT!
The libtards and anit-gunners were HOPING something like this would happen. Well, now thanks to a second of stupidity,they have it. We had enough crap to deal with and needed not to give the left anything,ANYTHING to make our lives more difficult.
Well,now , this is going to give them all the ammo ( yeah, pun and all ) they need.
FUCK!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't know. Cheney is a fucking idiot now in my eyes. Had respect for him but once someone ,anyone screws up and accidently shoots someone.......he deserves everything bad that could happen.
Ya know,I'm a right wing conservative that loves my country,the Constitution and my firearms,voted for Bush twice and wouldn't change it if I could. BUT DAMMIT!
The libtards and anit-gunners were HOPING something like this would happen. Well, now thanks to a second of stupidity,they have it. We had enough crap to deal with and needed not to give the left anything,ANYTHING to make our lives more difficult.
Well,now , this is going to give them all the ammo ( yeah, pun and all ) they need.
FUCK!

So, should Cheney and Bush just sit in a room with padded walls so that they can avoid any chance of offending anyone or giving the other side ammunition?

The man likes hunting Quail. We don't know if he is 100% at fault for this. He shouldn't have to completely ruin his life while VP in order to avoid ever offending anybody.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top