Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:16 AM EDT
Well, form letter anyway. But she did sign it AND address the envelope; the handwriting's the same. Assuming a secretary didn't sign it for her.

Basically, she wrote saying that she'd support H.R. 1703 if it went before the full Senate. w00t.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Congresscritters have automated machines that sign letters. No joke.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm familiar with those machines. This was done by hand, felt-tip pen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Met here at a GSA Dedication to a Historical Building that we renovated a few years back.
In the short time I spent around her she seemed like a real "down to earth" person.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Other than using the terms "sporting purposes'' and "striking" what does
H.R. 1703: Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005 really do?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Other than using the terms "sporting purposes'' and "striking" what does
H.R. 1703: Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005 really do?

Exact text of the letter:

"The bill would repeal the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, and portions of the U.S. Code and the Internal Revenue Code which distinguish sporting firearms from other general firearms."
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have written the ex-UT cheerleader many times and never gotten a reply, be it gun control or other national issues. You are a lucky man.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I get various replies and updates from her.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Usually letters sent to Congressman are opened by the office secretary or an intern.  Then it is usually passed off to an intern who will look up the issue you are writing about in a massive form letter library.  The intern will go through and 'personalize' it and print it up and pass it off to one of the full time staff who's job it is to do a quick proof-read.  They will then run it through the signing machine and send it off!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Kay is a wonderful lady....she's a real Texan and knows what's right.

HH
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually letters sent to Congressman are opened by the office secretary or an intern.  Then it is usually passed off to an intern who will look up the issue you are writing about in a massive form letter library.  The intern will go through and 'personalize' it and print it up and pass it off to one of the full time staff who's job it is to do a quick proof-read.  They will then run it through the signing machine and send it off!

So are you telling me my signed pictures of George and Laura Bush, they sent me for my donations, are fake ?

No way.........I have them framed.

I did see one framed at some guy's office

I wanted to laugh.....but he was a customer.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
ETA: Never mind, Google is my friend
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried googling Public Law 103 159 and didn't get much that made sense. From what I can tell, it imposes a five day waiting period on purchasing a handgun and requires a background check when doing so.

I've never heard of anyone outside gun-nazi states doing a waiting period on anything, and haven't gun stores been calling to get a quick background check on people before selling to them longer than 1994?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:20:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I searched for the bill (HR 1703) and it's legit!

It is currently in the Judiciary Committee.  

Although my Congressman isn't on that committee, I'm sure he knows someone who is.

Thus, I am sending this letter:

Dear Congressman X,

The basic purpose of laws is to place controls upon people.  In some cases it is a good thing, as in laws against murder and rape.  In other instances, the laws serve to empower government and subjugate the citizens of our country.  Thus, when certain laws that infringe upon liberty and Constitutional rights are repealed or modified, a degree of liberty is restored in this great land of ours.

I just learned of bill HR 1703,  Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005, which is currently in the Judiciary Committee.  This is the type of bill that would roll back unconstitutional infringement upon our rights as a free people.

Although you don’t serve on that committee, I ask you to communicate to committee members that this bill has support from the People.  Also, should the bill come to the House floor, I ask that you vigorously support it.

Thank you for your service to our nation and the state of South Carolina.

Through our Reps we can let committee members know that this bill has popular support.

Let's roll!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I intend to become President of the U.S. for the sole purpose of protection the rights of Americans. Among other things, such as dealing with illegals, I intend on getting rid of the import bans, sporting purposes bans, and the 1986 MG ban.

So basically if you voted for me, I'd make it possible for you to buy any machine gun for a reasonable price, legally. The surplus firearms trade would quadruple overnight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top