BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Fuck spending 200 bucks on one.

Where are you going to get one for $200? The last time I looked, they were going for around $7500.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
it gets you a 10-year vacation at Club Fed.

LOL sure, listen i would never do it i was just curious to the court ruling about home built machine guns.

but you realize that people get less than a year in jail for armed robbery?

no way you are getting 10 years in Fed lockup for simply a gun violation (unless you are a felon)

Yes they would! The ATF WILL do EVERYTHING in it power to give you a 10 year sentence and you will never touch another firearm for rest of your life.

The ATF is NOT our friends and want to DESTROY the RKBA

Can you provide evidence of this (10 years in prison)?. Every time I ever contacted ATF after arresting gangbangers with fully auto weapons I have ALWAYS  been told not to worry about it (no federal charges) or asked stupid questions like "how many did they have?" (apparently 3 was not enough). Not once did they ever care.

I'll comment on that.  A local gun shop employee made 54 (IIRC) illegal sales or outright thefts while working for the store.  He was buying guns with cash out of the till and reselling them for personal profit; selling guns out of the bound book without a 4473 filled out; taking in trades but not logging them into the book and then reselling them for personal profit; making sales to known straw buyers, and also just plain stealing money and merchandise.  The owner contacted BATFE, who did send a very nice auditor out to help figure out what was missing, but they had NO INTEREST in prosecuting this guy.  He's currently serving about 30 months state time for stealing the guns from his employer based on dollar value and won't serve one day for the many .gov gun laws he broke.  His sentence is actually less time than the state spent investigating him.
I don't get it.  Here's a guy who's clearly bad, and they don't care.

1911fan
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fuck spending 200 bucks on one, Ive got the plans to build them if you want em.

ETA:For all legal purposes of course.

Do you happen to have the patent number?  (I noticed the photo from Quarterbore's site is marked patent-pending.)  A USPTO search only turned up a suppressor (4530417, by Wayne Daniel) and a "firing mechanism" (hammer group) for the M11/9 (4522105, by Atchisson, which was licensed to SWD).

What can I say, it's my career field.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'll comment on that.  A local gun shop employee made 54 (IIRC) illegal sales or outright thefts while working for the store.  He was buying guns with cash out of the till and reselling them for personal profit; selling guns out of the bound book without a 4473 filled out; taking in trades but not logging them into the book and then reselling them for personal profit; making sales to known straw buyers, and also just plain stealing money and merchandise.  The owner contacted BATFE, who did send a very nice auditor out to help figure out what was missing, but they had NO INTEREST in prosecuting this guy.  He's currently serving about 30 months state time for stealing the guns from his employer based on dollar value and won't serve one day for the many .gov gun laws he broke.  His sentence is actually less time than the state spent investigating him.
I don't get it.  Here's a guy who's clearly bad, and they don't care.

1911fan

That's the kind of ASSWIPE you WOULD want to see get the BUBBA/10 YRS/Club Fed Hyperbole!  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The lightening link is such a cheezy hack mod!

I'd be more embarrassed than scared to be caught with one!

+1
If you are gonna get busted on MG possesion, at least have it be the mint M1928A1 Thompson you found in the attic of your late grandfather.
You might get off on that one, with a sympathetic jury.

You mean like the one that was found in a wall? Didn't that guy turn it in?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you happen to have the patent number?  (I noticed the photo from Quarterbore's site is marked patent-pending.)  A USPTO search only turned up a suppressor (4530417, by Wayne Daniel) and a "firing mechanism" (hammer group) for the M11/9 (4522105, by Atchisson, which was licensed to SWD).

There are 20 patents by Atchisson

None for the LL

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nope, he kept it too himself and did not tell ANYONE about it
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dead-serious question: If one gets the required tax stamp FIRST, can you MAKE yourself one?

No.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you going to get one for $200? The last time I looked, they were going for around $7500.

Shotgun News, they arent registered though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a DIAS, not an LL, and it is an ATF sting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The lightening link is such a cheezy hack mod!

I'd be more embarrassed than scared to be caught with one!

+1
If you are gonna get busted on MG possesion, at least have it be the mint M1928A1 Thompson you found in the attic of your late grandfather.
You might get off on that one, with a sympathetic jury.

It happens often enough to not be un-heard of.
Grand dad had something in the attic, or in the drywall, kids are remodeling/clearing out, and they find it, and turn it into the cops.
You don't hear about all the people who do find one, and then keep their yaps shut.
It's estimated there are something like 1.5-2 million unregistered MGs in the US.
Most are of the WW1/WW2 era - vet bringbacks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wouldn't that be considered entrapment?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, DIAS' came up in the conversation on page 2. And yes, I know its an ATF sting.

I have the book for AR15 to M16 though. It's a published book. All the info I posted is straight out of it. Legal to own, and it covers the auto sear hole, DIAS', and LL's. Not that im going to do any of those things, but some of us buy guns because we can, thanks to the 2nd Ammendment, and I can own this book because of the 1st.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wouldn't that be considered entrapment?

There was a thread about that some time ago.
I can't find it even though I posted in it, but someone from this board bought several and still has his butt hole un-enlarged.

But maybe that member is a plant from the ATF, too
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Send me a link!  I'll run up and down the damned sidewalk in front of the ATF office with it in my hand yelling "w00t!", "Chuck Norris", and "87!", TOUGH GUY!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I can't find it even though I posted in it, but someone from this board bought several and still has his butt hole un-enlarged.

Or maybe YOU are the plant!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or maybe YOU are the plant!

ShI+!!

I never thought of that
Time to upgrade my personal tin foil factory to protect myself from myself
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 20 patents by Atchisson

None for the LL

I should've been clearer -- I was restricting my search to patents which were "assigned" (licensed) to SW Daniel of Atlanta, or which were invented by Wayne Daniel.  I didn't think to look at all of Atchisson's, but now that you mention it, I should add them to my collection of .PDFs.  Thanks!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top