Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bail now.

She's cheating on you or thinking about it. She wants to create a controversy by spending way more than you, that way she can rationalize her already held belief that you don't love her enough.

This gift has the added bonus for her that she can soon say "you spend too much time playing that damn Xbox! You're ignoring me!!!"

Plan your escape, man - she already is!

Some one is jaded.. J/K

We have been together for about 2 years and known each other about 4 1/2.
She lives with me and was probably tired of hearing me complain about how bad I want one

I just know how they work.

She set up three failure points for you - and two contradict each other, so you just can't win:

Point 1: You don't spend as much as she did = you don't care enough, or as much as she does.

Point 2: You use the Xbox and it takes away from time with her. She'll never tell you about it until it's too late, though.

Point 3: You don't use the Xbox in order to spend time with her = you don't like her gift = you don't appreciate her.

Points 2 & 3 are in direct contradiction with each  other, which is how women think. No matter what you do, you can't pass this test. She's doing whatever she can to set up a 'love test' that you just can't win.

Sorry man, just trying to prepare you for what's to come. Be sure to IM me when it happens so I can see if my time frame was right.

I am not worthy.

Just wow .

So uhm bastiat when is the aunt flow coming to visit?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Dude...............you are so OWNED!!!!!!!!!

Break out the plastic for a buttload of gifts or a ring. If not, you will be getting the LOOK for a very,very long time.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a new girlfriend. One that spends less than you do. They are the ones that make good wives.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
She wants an engagement ring.

+1

Run like hell (leave the gun, grab the Xbox)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What about the cannoli?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know what you have to do Cowboy.

EAT THE LOTS OF PIE!

fixed it for ya.

WBK
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
All I know is her mom sounds pretty kick @ss, went to Best Buy every day for a month, I can't stand that place for more than 20-minutes once a year. Is the hot? You might be getting mom and daughter for V-day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Diamond earrings, she gets diamonds without you getting staked for life, Plus you will get PIE
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Massage and a facial. The "do it yourself" kind.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]
What about just going with the gift you were going to buy?

If she's cool with your gift, then you know you got a keeper.  In that case, she obviously doesn't care how much you spend on her; "it's the thought that counts, not the price".

On the other hand ....

If you start getting the Evil Eye afterwards because you didn't break the bank to out-do her Xbox 360 gift, then ... well, where's that eject pic ... it's a trap ... where's Wedge ....

Because if she expects you to always one-up her on gifts, that's just gonna snowball.  First it's V-Day.  Then it's her b-day.  Then it's Xmas.  Before long, you are enmeshed in a constantly escalating price war where no one can win and you BOTH lose.  

So I say to you:  don't automatically assume she's got a bullet with your name on it.  You've been together for 4+ years, you oughta know her (fairly) well by now.  Go with what you were gonna do and see the results.  If the results are bad, then thank your lucky stars that you pulled the ripcord before the big M.  But don't automatically assume the results will be bad.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What about the cannoli?

Eat it on the way out, more energy to run...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the problem with gifting for V-day.  Someone is going to get a gift of less value and then the cheapskate will have feelings of guilt.

Well, that is my take.  I got two cards and a GREAT evening.  She got NO flowers, NO candy but a diamond heart pendant with chain.  I don't feel slighted and she didn't miss the perfunctory gifts of chocolate and flowers since diamonds last forever.

We also had a nice quiet dinner with wine.  All is good.

My suggestion?  Find a jewler with a post V-day sale and make your money count even more.  Hell, better late than never.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#13]
hmmm, thats weird. Chix usualy dont give stuff on Valentines day. Its usually just the dood giving crap to the chic to proclaim love.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hmmm, thats weird. Chix usualy dont give stuff on Valentines day. Its usually just the dood giving crap to the chic to proclaim love.

Yeah, I found that out last nite.

On edit:  I did get the gift of pie though.

-Dan.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top