Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:01:59 AM EDT
I'm thinking about it.  I want to get all that nasty stuff out of me.

Looking for recommendations, bad/good reviews of different ones whoever has done this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I've eaten at White Castle. Have an extra roll of TP, a good book and some Gatorade ready, you'll need them all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a colonoscopy, the prep for that will more than clean you out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a product by Fleet called "Phoso-Soda" or some such.

It'll leave you squeaky clean. Almost won't have to wipe by the time you're done.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, I've eaten at White Castle. Have an extra roll of TP, a good book and some Gatorade ready, you'll need them all.

+ 1

Max
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
haha very funny.

I'm being serious.  Something like Dual Action Cleanse or Colonix.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Get a colonoscopy, the prep for that will more than clean you out.

Yep, I'm going to be on TV thursday.  I'm not looking forward to the prep, though.

I've heard that routine colon cleansing isn't necessarily a good thing if done too often.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have heard that a coffee enema works well too.
Not drinking but pouring down the rear hatch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

oh boy...

I am surprised the hospital doesn't prescribe them. (would be better than their food anyway..)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't done one but hear very good things. I guess someone can loose a few pounds by getting all that waste out of all the little cracks and crevices of your digestive tract.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't we have a thread on this a year or two ago?  Somebody was hawking a colon cleansing system and had all kinds of nasty photos of sea monsters that came out of peoples' asses.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Didn't we have a thread on this a year or two ago?  Somebody was hawking a colon cleansing system and had all kinds of nasty photos of sea monsters that came out of peoples' asses.

I bet that thread was the butt of all jokes... or went bottom up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#13]
PICS?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#15]
It's, well, a load of crap.

They don't work. You drink a solution that is not absorbed by your body. When you poop it looks nasty. They claim you are "clean".

If you want to truly "clean" yourself out, drink the stuff doctors recomend for a colonoscopy. Your insides will be a nice health pink when it's over. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on the throne.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I have done it before... five day purge - I drink only water and apple juice and took some supplements consisting largely of powdered walnut shells. trust me: five days of this - - - you will be cleaned out!

and you will not believe some of the stuff that comes out

edit cause homey cant spell
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Eat nothing but Grape Nuts in apple juice for two days.  That'll clean you right out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Try this first
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Man just get a water hose, go out back and have at it
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Nature's Way product at the health food stores...there are two bottles....one of herbs and one of fiber...100 tabs in each bottle....with this product you can do a one, two or three day cleanse and still have left overs for another time...
Cleansing out can revitalize you after a junk food binge...can clean out toxins from the system and can even change your eating habits...if you want to cut back or quite a bad eating habit, cleanse for three days and live on fruit and vegetables...your taste buds will change and you won't want to put junk into your body after that...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Two words:

TACO BELL

If it burns, you know it's working.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Ask Cheeks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Miss Information says colon cleansing is good because it flushes toxins from your system.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I did one-take some pills and drink some nasty,nasty,fiber water.I figured it was worth a try and didn't cost much.

As for results-I noticed nothing different.I try and eat right most of the time anyway,so it wasn't much of a surprise.I didn't feel lighter or like I had more energy.

I think you would be better off eating healthy (avoiding as much of the preservatives and other crap as you can) and make sure you eat some bran to stay regular.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
LOL this has to be a joke.

Someone change his screenname to maddog_enema
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Go to Wal Mart
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Those herbal colon cleansing things are a scam. It's a bunch of fiber that solidifies in your gut to produce rope-like poop.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Take Metamucil 3 times a day for a couple of days.  I dropped a 2 footer the other day.  Just be careful where you drop the deuce.  I was a a party at my neighbors for the Super Bowl and plugged his crapper with that one
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Those things are a complete waste of time.  All that stuff isn't "inside you".  The crap they make you take (a bunch of fiber and water) is what comes out.  Sure it looks nasty, but that stuff isn't up there in the first place.

Snake oil.  Pure and simple.

+1,000,000

Don't be a faggoty idiot. Read some REAL research on colonics and "toxins" before you start wasting your time trying to clean out your poop chute.

Jesus H. Christ people, grow up. You're not 16 anymore, think.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I have heard that a coffee enema works well too.
Not drinking but pouring down the rear hatch.

Damn, you could just pour Starbucks coffee down your mouth and have the same effect
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
LOL this has to be a joke.

Someone change his screenname to maddog_enema

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Cleansing out can revitalize you after a junk food binge...can clean out toxins from the system and can even change your eating habits...if you want to cut back or quite a bad eating habit, cleanse for three days and live on fruit and vegetables...your taste buds will change and you won't want to put junk into your body after that...

Av.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Nature's Way product at the health food stores...there are two bottles....one of herbs and one of fiber...100 tabs in each bottle....with this product you can do a one, two or three day cleanse and still have left overs for another time...

Three days is not a long enough period of time to break lifelong eating habbits. It takes months.

And going from junk food to an all fruit / veg/ fiber diet is a horrible idea. Your digestive system will be in shock from the rapid transition and will cause enough problems that you don't want to stay on that diet.

The way to go is to replace the junk foods with good foods over time. After that you develop a taste for the 'good' foods.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Take Metamucil 3 times a day for a couple of days.  I dropped a 2 footer the other day.  Just be careful where you drop the deuce.  I was a a party at my neighbors for the Super Bowl and plugged his crapper with that one

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Every so often, for two or three days, I eat nothing but granola and broccoli.  With what the results in the bowl look like, I figure that the inside of my bowels have to look a bit better.

This is especially helpful when i've been eating nothing but meat and carbs for a bit, and am crappring cement chunks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#37]
ask your doctor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top