Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:03:49 AM EDT
Doing some resto work on my Scout. I found some things called buttwelds or something like that while looking through an Eastwood catalog. They hold the 2 pieces of metal you are welding together. Thought they would make it easier than using vise grips. Damn they are expensive though. Eastwood was selling them 4 for $30.

So I head down to Harbor Freight to see if they may be atleast a little bit cheaper. HF sells them 8 for $5 I was so excited that I saved so much money that I bought an auto darkening welding helmet($49.99), some cutting wheels($3.99) and a DeWalt grinding disk($1.39) for my angle grinder.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Harbor freight is awsome.. Watch their electrical power tools some are crap like drills, some swear by them so??

Other stuff like ratchets tie downs, impact hammers are great.

It Stopped shopping there and only go once or twice year cause I cant leave without spending $40 each visit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Doing some resto work on my Scout. I found some things called buttwelds or something like that while looking through an Eastwood catalog. They hold the 2 pieces of metal you are welding together. Thought they would make it easier than using vise grips. Damn they are expensive though. Eastwood was selling them 4 for $30.

So I head down to Harbor Freight to see if they may be atleast a little bit cheaper. HF sells them 8 for $5 I was so excited that I saved so much money that I bought an auto darkening welding helmet($49.99), some cutting wheels($3.99) and a DeWalt grinding disk($1.39) for my angle grinder.

Harbour freight sells mainly chinese crap so I generally stay away but I can't say I'll never purchase anything from them.  Don't be surprised if that new auto darkning (SP)  helmut malfunctions rather quickly, Don't ask me how I know this  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The Snap-On guy that services my University shakes his head when he "services" the "for undergrad use" HF torque wrench we have in our lab.  It has passed calibration each and every time for the last 10 years!  We have some awesome Snap-On torque wrenches that fail calibration once in a blue moon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top