Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:22:22 PM EDT
I am currently a 2nd yr in college with a 4th yr standing and am pursuing a 2nd degree having completed my first (molecular biology). I was thinking about enlisting in the naval reserve for the stipend and/or pay. I want to go to medical school 2 yrs from now and obtain an MD with a cardiothoracic surgical specialty. I was wondering what the pay would be during my college yrs and med school. Would they have my ass for 4 yrs after med school? Would I have to go active right after college before med school? Would I have to go active at all (I would prefer not to). I feel that I could be more useful in a place like Germany or a hospital ship in the med rather than shooting it out (though I am a good shot). Would I go in as a commisioned officer (because of college degree status)? please let me know ... thx hivemind

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:37:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:42:10 PM EDT
THx 82nd... Anyone else have any comments on their experience
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:32:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:33 AM EDT
Wait, Navy Reserve, or the Navy Reserve Officers Training Course (ROTC)? Different things. See the recruiter of each for specific information.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:41:48 AM EDT
ROTC usually entails some active service and then reserve service requirement afterwards. E.g. AFROTC: 4 years active, 4 years reserve. Pilots are slightly different due to the training requirements and funding for that training.
Top Top