Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 8:15:58 PM EDT
I love running. Its an addiction for me. Going for a long run is as relaxing as taking a nap. I run for a local racing club and recently ran my best Mile ever - 4:57. Anyone here beat that?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I love running. Its an addiction for me. Going for a long run is as relaxing as taking a nap. I run for a local racing club and recently ran my best Mile ever - 4:57. Anyone here beat that?

Thats a damn good mile. My best ever was 5:33. I used to run alot, not quite as much anymore because of my knees, probably only 5-10 miles a week or so. My fiancee however is training for Ironman Wisconsin this year so she does enough running for the both of us! She is a machine, it's like she does'nt get tired.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant beat that, but I used to love running myself, until I got my achilles injury in the military.  Now I am lucky if I can run across a parking lot.  The only thing about running I do not like is Formation runs.  I would rather have my achilles snap off of my foot every day than go on a formation run.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to do 4:50 miles regularly when at Ft Bragg. Work has greatly hurt my running game over the past few years, but I'm slowly getting back into it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to run quite a bit.  6 years in the Army....they didn't give me much choice in the matter.  When I got out I stopped running and got FAT.  After a few years I got back into it and really began to enjoy it.  I suffered a back injury a couple of years ago and had to stop again.  Got FAT again.  I've tried running on a treadmill at the gym recently and didn't have any back pain so I'm going to try to get back into it as soon as the weather breaks this spring.

Don't know what my best mile is/was but I ran a 12:04 two mile in the Army once and finished the mini-marathon here in Indianapolis in 2 hours 8 minutes three years ago.  I doubt I'll ever touch either one of those times again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I get winded just going to the fridge.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a damn good mile. My best ever was 5:33. I used to run alot, not quite as much anymore because of my knees, probably only 5-10 miles a week or so. My fiancee however is training for Ironman Wisconsin this year so she does enough running for the both of us! She is a machine, it's like she does'nt get tired.

Its been said that women make better ultraedurance athletes than men.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Never timed just a mile, but in Basic, I ran a 10:54 2-mile, and always maxed the run in subsequent PT tests.  Nowadays, 10:54 is my 2 block time!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
bad knees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top